1. Laura G.'s rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

The scene where they are listening to the silence of the cave. Who were they? What were their dreams? Their hopes? Their families?

2. Django's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

This is a solid four star documentary beautifully and creatively realizing its subject. I give it the rare fifth star because of how it equally illuminates its film maker as Herzog, the story teller, relates and interacts with fellow story tellers across ten thousand years.

3. Richard Tines's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

Herzog and a skeleton crew travel to the Chauvet Caves in France (Wikipedia it) to take us on an anthropological/archeological wonder tour through the oldest known existing artworks contained within...the paintings are magnificent, and there are even some primitive weapons, sculptures, and instruments to gawk at...I wasn't in the right frame of mind while watching this, so ill have to go back and check it out again,

4. MisterColo93's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

5. Trunfos's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

6. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

Another Herzog odyssey, which haven’t gotten boring, and don’t look like they will as long as Herzog himself narrates. This may be (from the ones I’ve seen) the best of his grand-questioning-of-life/awe-of-the-world documentaries from the 21st century.

7. vordven's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

8. SiIencio's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

The mystical and intellectual fascination that such archaeological human footprints generate in us is conveyed by Herzog in this rare opportunity to somehow have a peek at our most remote and primitive cultural past. Herzog methodically explores the cave looking for the soul of those ancient humans who now communicate with us. The limitations of a film like this to channel a full stimulating experience are also felt.

9. ermete polpette's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

10. Diderot's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

An alluring documentary about how little we know of ourselves as a species and how much of historical knowledge itself is just wild speculation.

11. fearraigh's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

A bit more conventional than Herzog's recent documentaries, this is nonetheless a very watchable film that does the wondrous caves of Chauvet justice.

12. Kadjavsi's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

.5 i'm not sure what to make out of the narrator's overly dramatic john malkovichian voice haha nice stuff tho

13. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

Herzog's approach is interesting because he tries to explore the spritual dimension of the cave and its paintings, using a lot of cross-culture references. Sometimes this aspect is over-emphasized by Ernst Reijseger's music (that I didn't like very much). But the breathtaking way Herzog brings the beautiful paintings to life with changing light and 3D cameras makes up for this detail.

14. uenus's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

somos los cocodrilos albinos mutantes reflexionando sobre los caballos

15. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

16. Mr.Pacha's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

17. mciszczon's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

The film flows veeery slowly, which some may find irritating. One of my favorites, very mystical at times.

18. 絵莉's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

As beautiful and soul opening on the second watch as the first.

19. Marina C.'s rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

A magnificent documentary with exquisite lighting and ambience given by the soundtrack, a long and detailed look at the cave and a great insight at not just the Chauvet Cave but other paleolithic discoveries. The beautiful symbiosis of the woman's body and the bison was the peak for me, along with the simulation of movement in some of the paintings, that give it a new intensity and meaning

20. gustborges's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

oh boy, beautiful movie. at the beginning thought it could be a bit too discovery channel-like, but herzog manages to push further and take more and more from these caves. amazing soundtrack also.

21. Marinos Koutsomichalis's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

The neural synapses within Herzoq's brain must be totally fucked up.. In a documentary about cave-painting he talks with archaeologists about juggling, shows irrelevant scenes with drone-camera shots, and eventually concludes with a nuclear factory and mutated albino crocodiles.. fuck yeah!!

22. Fischl's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

Would be Great if MUBI could give us the REAL version, the 3d version.

23. Guilherme Lambret's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

mesmerizing subject. another highlight is the soundtrack. crazy postscript that you (I) should see twice.

24. Justepourmesouveniraprès's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams