1. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

Another Herzog odyssey, which haven’t gotten boring, and don’t look like they will as long as Herzog himself narrates. This may be (from the ones I’ve seen) the best of his grand-questioning-of-life/awe-of-the-world documentaries from the 21st century.

2. vordven's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

3. SiIencio's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

The mystical and intellectual fascination that such archaeological human footprints generate in us is conveyed by Herzog in this rare opportunity to somehow have a peek at our most remote and primitive cultural past. Herzog methodically explores the cave looking for the soul of those ancient humans who now communicate with us. The limitations of a film like this to channel a full stimulating experience are also felt.

4. ermete polpette's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

5. Diderot's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

An alluring documentary about how little we know of ourselves as a species and how much of historical knowledge itself is just wild speculation.

6. fearraigh's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

A bit more conventional than Herzog's recent documentaries, this is nonetheless a very watchable film that does the wondrous caves of Chauvet justice.

7. Kadjavsi's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

.5 i'm not sure what to make out of the narrator's overly dramatic john malkovichian voice haha nice stuff tho

8. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

Herzog's approach is interesting because he tries to explore the spritual dimension of the cave and its paintings, using a lot of cross-culture references. Sometimes this aspect is over-emphasized by Ernst Reijseger's music (that I didn't like very much). But the breathtaking way Herzog brings the beautiful paintings to life with changing light and 3D cameras makes up for this detail.

9. Rupert Hunter's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

Finally watched this 'cause the subject is so interesting and I've been told to see it so often. Watching all these people work together and seeing the paintings themselves was pretty amazing, but I'm not a fan of Herzog's overbearing presence.

10. uenus's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

somos los cocodrilos albinos mutantes reflexionando sobre los caballos

11. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

12. Mr.Pacha's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

13. mciszczon's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

The film flows veeery slowly, which some may find irritating. One of my favorites, very mystical at times.

14. elizabeth l・'s rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

As beautiful and soul opening on the second watch as the first.

15. Marina C.'s rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

A magnificent documentary with exquisite lighting and ambience given by the soundtrack, a long and detailed look at the cave and a great insight at not just the Chauvet Cave but other paleolithic discoveries. The beautiful symbiosis of the woman's body and the bison was the peak for me, along with the simulation of movement in some of the paintings, that give it a new intensity and meaning

16. gustborges's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

oh boy, beautiful movie. at the beginning thought it could be a bit too discovery channel-like, but herzog manages to push further and take more and more from these caves. amazing soundtrack also.

17. marinos@agxivatein.com's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

The neural synapses within Herzoq's brain must be totally fucked up.. In a documentary about cave-painting he talks with archaeologists about juggling, shows irrelevant scenes with drone-camera shots, and eventually concludes with a nuclear factory and mutated albino crocodiles.. fuck yeah!!

18. Fischl's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

Would be Great if MUBI could give us the REAL version, the 3d version.

19. Guilherme Lambret's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

mesmerizing subject. another highlight is the soundtrack. crazy postscript that you (I) should see twice.

20. Justepourmesouveniraprès's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

21. Mafalda Costa's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

22. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

Herzog envelops you in the idea that this art... has been around... for 30,000 years. Christianity has been around for 2,000. From that perspective, these scratches of horses on cave walls hold profound cultural and spiritual resonance, something proto and primal, that I think validates all of Herzog's funky wanderings into albino crocodiles. It's something beyond him, definitely, to explain, but also way beyond us.

23. Kerem C's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

No matter what the story is, even one single picture of art from the cave is enough fascinating.

24. Egoisms's rating of the film Cave of Forgotten Dreams

Wish I had seen this in 3D!