1. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Center Stage

2. OlesyaNisista's rating of the film Center Stage

Maggie Cheung made me cry. Stunning actress!

3. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Center Stage

Maggie Cheung is better than the Beatles.

4. Jorge Negrete's rating of the film Center Stage

Would make a terrific double feature with Ichikawa's "Actress" (1987)

5. Ostermyers's rating of the film Center Stage

6. Eugene Kotlyarenko's rating of the film Center Stage

YES! this is how you look at a life... love the meta-commentary scenes with kwan, cheung and the other performers discussing scenes from her life great scene where they talk about squatting when it comes back later in the movie it's enough to make you cry didn't QUITE understand from the depiction in the movie what it was in her character or society in that moment that lead to her demise — so more like 4.5 stars lol

7. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Center Stage

Really 4.5 in my book. One of the very best biopics ever done (and I hate the form typically). Kwan really hits nearly all the buttons on this one (he finds a few great poetic devices I wish he would have used a bit more though) and Maggie Cheung cements her legacy as one of the greatest actresses in the world during the last 30 years in painting this portrait of a legend who was victimized by society.

8. Maudy Puteri Agusdina's rating of the film Center Stage

It's more than just a film. It's life.

9. F.Bieberkopf's rating of the film Center Stage

Conceptually the film was great. The archive footage , documentary style interviews and the unfolding of a melodrama on its won was potentially brilliant. I say potentially since I think Kwan could have perhaps persisted a more audacious approach, the distinction within the three is too well-defined, he perhaps could have used all three towards a single narrative, using frequent cuts and overlapping scenes.

10. InsertOzuReferencehere's rating of the film Center Stage

You know how important a subject is to a film-maker, when they invest so much of themselves in it.

11. Gilson Jr's rating of the film Center Stage

One of the best movies I've seen!

12. lofi's rating of the film Center Stage

Maggie Cheung won Best Actress Award for playing the Chinese silent film diva Ruan Lingyu (Yuen Lingyuk in Cantonese) of the 1930's at Berlin International Film Festival 1992.

13. Maurizio Suppo's rating of the film Center Stage

14. Mary Anne Magajes's rating of the film Center Stage

THIS IS THE ACTRESS.''THE ACTRESS'' IS THE OTHER TITLE.

15. Walberto's rating of the film Center Stage

Probably one of the best bio-pics ever made, This beautiful story about the famous silent Chinese film star Ruan Ling Yu is presented in fantastic manner of story telling. A film that tries to recapture and reflect the life of a movie star that will never grace the screen again like she has.