1. MistaRichard's rating of the film Chaplin

Although insightful, it mostly focuses on the controversial aspects of Chaplin's life, ending up doing him a disservice, instead of providing an interesting and accurate biopic. You're better off seeing "Charlie: The Life and Art of Charles Chaplin". Downey Jr. is terrific though.

2. Nathan Grey Hollis's rating of the film Chaplin

Was a little to melodramatic for me...but downy jr's physical comedy is fantastic

3. Lorna Singh's rating of the film Chaplin

The brilliance of Robert Downey Jr. He mesmerizes as Chaplin the young entertainer, the successful filmmaker and the elderly genius honest and open about his life.

4. James Mackin's rating of the film Chaplin

Robert Downey Jr. makes for a good Chaplin.

5. pluviosity's rating of the film Chaplin

the film sometimes feels like lack of confidence, it turned out okay though, and certainly made me miss the young-non celebrity-with-epic-movies-under-the-hat Robert Downey Jr. ...

6. HSBilly's rating of the film Chaplin

7. smndvdcl's rating of the film Chaplin

Underrated gem of a biopic.

8. Andréanne Andi Dion's rating of the film Chaplin

The movie could have been better but as for Robert Downey Jr., no complaints there, he NAILED it!

9. mjgildea's rating of the film Chaplin

Not as amazing as I was always lead to believe, but Chaplin's not bad either. Downey's performance pretty much makes the movie. The Hopkins "narration" was as distracting as the makeup Downey wore by the end of the movie, but the hotel editing montage was beautiful. If nothing else this movie really got me in the mood to watch Chaplin's work again.

10. Henry_Swanson's rating of the film Chaplin

And here I was thinking watching Robert Downey Jr. perform a variety of classic Charlie Chaplin bits would hold my attention for two and a half hours. Nope. An inflated biopic that rushes through much of the ingenious moments of Chaplin's stellar career to make way for awkward melodrama.

11. David M.K.'s rating of the film Chaplin

Richard Attenborough couldn't 'direct' anybody to nearest gas station.

12. Vandad's rating of the film Chaplin

I haven't seen this since I was twelve, so I'm rating it on pure memory and nostalgia. But this was probably my favorite movie growing up. Also, Jurassic Park. Now to rate Jurassic Park.

13. purepaty's rating of the film Chaplin

14. Riccardo Maffioli's rating of the film Chaplin

Un bel film che racconta un pò la vita di uno dei più grandi artisti ( con Picasso miei preferiti). Un film da vedere per sapere e ricordare la vita Charlot.

15. Genadijus L.'s rating of the film Chaplin

Polished acting by Robert Downey Jr., but movie in general misses wholeness and looks a little bit eclectic.

16. Icarus's rating of the film Chaplin

The second half of the movie feels like an endless cycle of "chaplin getting idea for movie - chaplin getting divorced - chaplin releasing brillant movie". Robert Downey Jr. and the rest of the cast make up for it though.

17. Algitya's rating of the film Chaplin

18. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Chaplin

Focusing too much on his sex life and not more on his genius, but as a Chaplin fan this biopic only impressed with me Downey's performance and the heart-warming ending.

19. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film Chaplin

Serviceable biopic, though with a life as eventful as Chaplin's, it's hard to fit it all into a feature film, which makes for some awkward shifts in time that the framing device only sometimes alleviates. Robert Downey Jr. effectively disappears into the role, and he's backed by a strong supporting cast. A few powerful moments, but overall muddled and somewhat whitewashed. Great score by John Barry.

20. Mary Anne Magajes's rating of the film Chaplin

21. your fiend mr. jones's rating of the film Chaplin

The film is okay, but Downey's performance makes me love it. And while I loved the idea of Kline as Fairbanks, he is given so little to do, it makes the casting pointless.

22. Jake Cole's rating of the film Chaplin

Downey's performance is stellar, possibly the best of the '90s by an American, but we learn so very little about Chaplin himself, who is interesting to Attenborough apparently only as a buggerer of dangerously young tail (though why that is doesn't seem to spark the director's curiosity either).

23. WhatsUpWill's rating of the film Chaplin

It's pretty terrible in the way that it focuses more on his scandalous affairs rather than his expansive imagination and creativity.

24. Byron Brubaker's rating of the film Chaplin

Would have loved to see more of Aykroyd as Sennet, Kline as Fairbanks, Lane as Goddard, and the filmmaking process in the early days of Hollywoodland. Downey Jr. is excellent in technically recreating Chaplin's physicality and touching as we see the tears that this clown hid with a smile.