1. Ameille's rating of the film Chappie

2. Ana Sousa's rating of the film Chappie

Is it possible to show more humanity in a film about a robot then in any other with only actual humans? Yes, it is.

3. Star Lord's rating of the film Chappie

3,5 forse ma mi è piaciuto molto.

4. Cbarky99's rating of the film Chappie

"I know what consciousness is." "That's nice."

5. Levent Güçer's rating of the film Chappie

Loved it. Massively underrated. Would've been a 5 star if Blomkamp didn't have a seizure in the editing room and accidentally put in footage of Die Antwoord videos in the final cut.

6. Rininta Irientantya's rating of the film Chappie

tf with reviews. this shit is good despite the messy storyline but all forgiven since i'm a huge fan for die antwoord. p.s: both ninja and yolandi got some acting skills though. nailed it.

7. Tyler Wright's rating of the film Chappie

The film is well directed and the script has its moments, but much like Elysium, there's so much cliche and meandering that it becomes much less than it could've been. I will say that those two rappers (with zero acting experience) as surprisingly great actors in this film.

8. Ricky Robertson Jr.'s rating of the film Chappie

A heatwarming cyberpunk gangsta action/comedy. I can't understand how this appeal could be lost on the critics. Blomkamp gives fellow South African artists Die Antwoord the spotlight and the result is a mash-up for the ages. Pure bliss for any fan of these two incredible creative forces.

9. Cherry's rating of the film Chappie

I have no idea what this bonkers film was but if it was a comedy it was hilarious- I definitely wasn't bored! I'M AS CROSS AS A FROG IN A SOCK!!!! The script is laughably bad at times and oh my god it was even funnier as Ninja actually takes himself seriously. Poor Dev Patel trying to seriously act amidst the chaos. 3*

10. Leif Erikson's rating of the film Chappie

No. I can't shoot people. Chappie no crimes!

11. nyyssonen's rating of the film Chappie

This is not a good movie but it's just tacky enough to be enjoyable anyway.

12. Mariana Basílio's rating of the film Chappie

13. Syranos's rating of the film Chappie

14. Galmaser's rating of the film Chappie

To put it simply, I already like previous movie by Neill. So when this movie came out I am so excited and I watch it on premier show in my local cinema. Yes it deliver what I expect from Blomkamp movies, I like sci-fi movies and this is one of my favorite, I love the supporting cast Yolandi and Ninja, I think they did a pretty good job, and not forget to mention the performance from Mr Copley that bring Chappie alive

15. paxy's rating of the film Chappie

Tremendously dreadful!

16. pluviosity's rating of the film Chappie

just one of the worst villains I ever saw, godawful character designs and more godawful story, probably the good thing is Hugh Jackman's character is such a dick. And he's playing it real good. He should play dick more.

17. kris's rating of the film Chappie

I had high hopes for this, especially after district 9. but it wasn't what i expected.

18. Eeeeeeeeeee's rating of the film Chappie

ninja flash tv oyuncusu gibi ya

19. bartkl's rating of the film Chappie

From a cult perspective this film is quite okay. This accounts for the typical 'tough guy turns lovable' and 'evil good guy' cliches, and also for some of the ridiculous humor, which then makes sense at times. Chappie is a very nice looking robot and the idea of transferring consciousness is an interesting sci-fi classic. It was a fun watch. Fun detail by the way: all of the computers seem to be running on Linux.

20. vordven's rating of the film Chappie

21. HKFanatic's rating of the film Chappie

Three films into his oeuvre and I can't shake the sense that Neill Blomkamp makes movies about ideas rather than people. "Chappie" is lovingly designed within an inch of its life - here you'll find shades of Verhoeven's "Robocop" and the anime "Appleseed" by way of Johannesburg - but the characters lack autonomy, the script merely moving them along the necessary track in order to set up an ultra-violent climax.

22. Thomas's rating of the film Chappie

23. Gustavo Razera's rating of the film Chappie

Nature or nurture? - in the context of a newly awakened A.I., Blomkamp-style. Humorous and heartfelt social-issue sci-fi actioner. If only Hugh Jackman's villain subplot weren't so damn schematic.

24. abc's rating of the film Chappie

love it! Acting a bit wooden, but loved the film and the characters!

← Previous 1 3 4 5