1. lou.'s rating of the film Chariots of Fire

Can't really say: there are a lot of interesting elements - as the whole atmosphere, the costumes, the rightfully well-known soundtrack - but those all are not strictly related to the story, which seems to me too much elliptical and in some passages kind of dismissing.

2. DenoResandono's rating of the film Chariots of Fire

I still had no idea why this movie won a Best Picture in Oscar. I didn't say that CHARIOTS OF FIRE is a bad movie. But it isn't great either. I must say that CHARIOTS OF FIRE has a good premise. Unfortunately, I didn't feel any emotions in this movie. CHARIOTS OF FIRE just went - flat. It didn't feel engaging for a movie like this. Three stars for its storyline. One more star for Vangelis' iconic, yet engaging score.

3. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Chariots of Fire

7.4/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2Pt

4. joaodias's rating of the film Chariots of Fire

5. SpacePirate's rating of the film Chariots of Fire

Solid film. Was it worthy of Best Picture? Well, the 80s arent really my decade so I am not sure. I will say that it was a great period piece and held my interest in the characters from beginning to end. Nice synth score, but plot was pretty thin. I mean, it's based on a true story, you would think they could've fleshed out the characters more. Still a nice film, and def worth a view if, like me, you have put it off

6. taniaburrito's rating of the film Chariots of Fire

7. suede's rating of the film Chariots of Fire

7/10. Grows strong in the last 45 min., after they've reached the Paris Olympics. Not too thrilling before that, but then the film is more about placing multiple characters in a lavish "heritage" setting. Highlights include: cricket sweaters, 1920s ladies' wear, English three-piece wool suits, a breathtaking Alice Krige, the stadium. The dated synth score is sometimes gruelling. The religiosity isn't simply affirmed.

8. Ligia Prodan's rating of the film Chariots of Fire

And a lot of Christian bullshit, indeed.

9. Tutu888's rating of the film Chariots of Fire

Decent but historical not very accurate. It's one of those films where you wonder what al the buzz was about when it was released.

10. Pablo Ramos's rating of the film Chariots of Fire

Its strong performances and famous score aren't nearly enough to compensate for the soporific, self-righteous and preachy message, nor for the surprisingly meager character development; inexcusable given the film's tremendously slow pace and its nature as a historical drama, and especially egregious considering its unabashed moralizing intent.

11. mpho3's rating of the film Chariots of Fire

12. javo love's rating of the film Chariots of Fire

13. WhatsUpWill's rating of the film Chariots of Fire

A number of good scenes are strung together by a paper thin, boring plot. The conflict is barely there. The score by Vangelis lives up to the hype though. Even if it's kind of shallow, I still got swept up in the emotion of the film by its end. Not a bad film, but not a great one either.

14. Christopher Scott Zeidel's rating of the film Chariots of Fire

I remember my dad having taken me to Chariots of Fire when I was 6 years old in 1981. Although considered great at the time of release and won best picture for 1981, there are many today that find it slow and boring. It was my Saturday morning streamer on Netflix, and although it is slow at times, I find it inspirational and still quite good 31 years later.

15. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Chariots of Fire

Thoroughly decent on all levels, which although not quite damnation by faint praise, points to its rather hidebound middlebrow sensibilities and timorously safe approach to notions of competition, nationhood and duty. Nevertheless a well modulated square meal of a film, despite the often incongruous score.

16. Phil Worfel's rating of the film Chariots of Fire

One of the rare positive and compelling portrayals of idealistic Christianity in cinema and a knockout at every turn. The performances are flawless, the story is engaging and exalting, the characters are admirable and true. Will remain in my top 10 if not my top 5 for all time. "God made me for a purpose. For China. But he also made me fast. And when I run I feel his pleasure."