1. raquel_ag's rating of the film Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Enredo: ★★★★ Cinematografia: ★★★★ Tom: ★★★★ Música e Som: ★★★ Representação: ★★★★

2. Aulia Indry's rating of the film Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

AAAAAAAAAAH........WHAT A LOVELY CHILDHOOD!!!

3. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

1.8 stars. I don't think it's just being a British bloke getting sniffy at Americanisation since I mostly loved Anderson's 'Fantastic Mr. Fox'. More that so many of the creative decisions seem risibly arbitrary. Depp plays Wonka like Michael Jackson presumably to keep himself entertained; Burton crowbars in his father issues already explored well in 'Big Fish'. Shiny, unreal & distinctly unmagical. Not even ghoulish.

4. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

A colorful and faithful adaptation of the beloved Roald Dahl book. Johnny Depp is memorable as a freak chocolate factory owner, but somehow the kids' destiny isn't effective enough. The musical numbers feel half-hearted and I miss more emotional depth as the only thing that left a mark to me was Christopher Lee's cameo as Wonka's father.

5. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

6. Chihao Tsang's rating of the film Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Bored out of my mind watching this, felt it lacked any magic, and depp's portral was too creepy. Haven't read the book in years but felt some of the plot differences were random and made whole story worse. No catchy tunes, a huge disappointment

7. spasmolytic's rating of the film Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Could always put this on loop and torture somebody.

8. lou.'s rating of the film Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

I can't help myself to compare it to Gene Wilder's Willy Wonka and Dahl's children book.

9. Luke Lomeli's rating of the film Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

10. Francisco Félix's rating of the film Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

one of my fav movies when i was younger

11. Diogo Moreira's rating of the film Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

12. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

It doesn't really stand up on repeat viewings but I don't really have an attachment to the original and I think this one is better in places, as well as being totally suited to Tim Burton's style. Depp plays Wonka as a sometimes annoying version of Michael Jackson however.

13. lonesome-boat's rating of the film Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

if i see you playing on tv, then imma just watch u (although ive already seen you like a bazillion times)

14. surgery-ethic's rating of the film Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

15. hamsa's rating of the film Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

16. jonijtr's rating of the film Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

17. auloel's rating of the film Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Fuck it. I love this movie

18. Taufiq Hariyadi's rating of the film Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

This is my second watching after years, and now I'm mentally speechless. Subbhanallah.

19. James Mackin's rating of the film Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

20. bmelis's rating of the film Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

21. ikkini's rating of the film Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Tim ????? Arrête de fumer les rideaux, chaton !!!

22. Arandhitio Ballagi's rating of the film Charlie and the Chocolate Factory