1. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Charlie Wilson's War

2. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Charlie Wilson's War

My beloved Philip Seymour Hoffman & Amy Adams

3. Konrad Szlendak's rating of the film Charlie Wilson's War

4. F-BOMB's rating of the film Charlie Wilson's War

Aaron Sorkin has finally elaborated on the original ending of this movie as scripted, with a shot of the Pentagon in flames on 9/11/01. That is, maybe, too dark of a way to end this movie, which already does what it sets out to do in criticising US foreign policy and failed interventionism when a thoughtless US politician gives a stump speech to a crowd of Aghans and ends it shouting "Allah Akbar" alongside them.

5. taniaburrito's rating of the film Charlie Wilson's War

6. DanOffen's rating of the film Charlie Wilson's War

While Nichol's brilliance is all over this and PSH is great, something doesn't click. I think it's narrative is lacking.

7. alphonse's rating of the film Charlie Wilson's War

Although it is hard to truly understand what Charlie Wilson's War is trying to be (it can be many things - such as a satire on US foreign policy or a depiction of what led to 9/11 - but it lacks depth wherever it goes), Mike Nichols' film is still an excellent comedy and a very interesting, but brief historical document because he's working with Aaron Sorkin's unique script (HIS WORDS!) and with a perfect cast.

8. JamieAyre's rating of the film Charlie Wilson's War

A satire on American triumphalism and a good history lesson.

9. Pedro C. Alencastro's rating of the film Charlie Wilson's War

Very good acting, especially Hoffman. It's a good piece of history too, but the American patriotism is annoying

10. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Charlie Wilson's War

A well-acted, interesting historical piece from Mike Nichols.

11. CafeGradiva's rating of the film Charlie Wilson's War

12. Daniel Roque's rating of the film Charlie Wilson's War

Full of bureaucracy, it's like watching the History Channel.

13. DSPRKY's rating of the film Charlie Wilson's War

Hoffman is fantastic as always, Hanks is charming, Adams is cute, Roberts is woefully miscast, Nichols plays the annoying Hollywood patriotism card, Sorkin is typical Sorkin, the ending glosses over the unfortunate consequences of funding Afghanistan. An ultimately flawed yet funny and enjoyable film.

14. Kirby's rating of the film Charlie Wilson's War

The writing isn't Sorkin's best. But it's still Sorkin, so it's still great. The real reason to see this is Philip Seymour Hoffman. One of his best performances.

15. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Charlie Wilson's War

a mediocre 6/10, my review: http://mubi.com/reviews/25109

16. Nick McGaw's rating of the film Charlie Wilson's War

Tom Hanks' entire career is based on his likeability, and I haven't disliked him as much in a movie since the Bonfire of The Vanities. At least that had some bravura direction from Brian de Palma to give it interest. This was just an ugly story filmed ugly. Hard to believe it's from the same Mike Nichols that made Catch 22, Carnal Knowledge, The Graduate, etc...

17. Bannezita Ho's rating of the film Charlie Wilson's War

Eteeerna! tanto que la vi en dos partes. Lo mejor, Hoffman.

18. Jye Sherwell's rating of the film Charlie Wilson's War

Here I was thinking that the script isn't as good as something Sorkin would write for "The West Wing" and I just find out he wrote this! Hahahahaha.... It's not bad, got some good stuff, nothing great though.

19. Turhan kose's rating of the film Charlie Wilson's War

20. FailedImitator's rating of the film Charlie Wilson's War

I remember really liking this when I saw it.

21. Fran Bacigalupo's rating of the film Charlie Wilson's War

22. saptarshi's rating of the film Charlie Wilson's War

A little revisionist and one dimensionsal

23. Checkpoint Charlie's rating of the film Charlie Wilson's War

An ignorant and childish take on what was basically one of the most snakish operations in the history of the United States. If you want the truth about it all, our intent was not to help the Afghanis but to destabilize the Soviet Union by, as Zbigniew Brzezinski succinctly put it, "giving the Russians their Vietnam!" We destabilized Afghanistan, lured the Soviets into a "trap", and let 10 years of bloodshed ensue.

24. Rodrigo Villalobos's rating of the film Charlie Wilson's War

Amazing perfomance of Phillip Seymour Hoffman!