1. Chichago_'s rating of the film Charlotte Rampling: The Look

Charlotte Rampling is such a wonderful woman. To me, this documentary somehow feels like a compilation of beautiful and inspiring essays about life written by Charlotte Rampling herself.

2. Charles Coleman's rating of the film Charlotte Rampling: The Look

3. Matt Kovar's rating of the film Charlotte Rampling: The Look

4. Nathan Hopkins's rating of the film Charlotte Rampling: The Look

Utterly Enthralling. Knowing nothing about Charlotte Rampling going into watching, it made me only deeply curious about her art. Her thoughts about such a variety of subjects, from acting to love to death, are fascinating, and say less about art and more about the experience of living, in front of a camera and away from it. Reflective and mesmerizing.

5. 5000yearoldbogmummy//Rhett's rating of the film Charlotte Rampling: The Look

A charming, wonderful documentary about an artist, specifically their work and the feelings and ideas that motivate an artist and that an artist develops in a lifetime of work. Also, I didn't know anything about the subject, which is the true mark of a strong bio-doc.

6. laurax's rating of the film Charlotte Rampling: The Look

I found the beginning and middle very interesting. I liked what she had to say about the camera, photography, aging, etc, but after a while it went on too long. Some parts needed editing and the film could have been a little shorter. Good job by the filmmaker.

7. Edmund Poliks's rating of the film Charlotte Rampling: The Look

I suppose if the film's aim was to divert my attention towards Charlotte Rampling's extensive filmography, then I'd say it's a home-run. But The Look's structural pendulum yo-yos between recycled clips and Rampling's own self-pretensions: burying occasional bits of insights beneath exceedingly dull stretches of nothing.

8. Landen Celano's rating of the film Charlotte Rampling: The Look

Rampling has always been in my top five fantasy coffee dates, and this film demonstrates every single reason why.

9. wayne roylance's rating of the film Charlotte Rampling: The Look

a rambling look into the thoughts that happen to pop into ms. rampling's head. it would have been better if the director gave the film more focus or probed deeper. for instance, when rampling says it's better to be a monster than to be nice, it's a provocative statement that is not interesting in and of itself. what is interesting is why she thinks that. but unfortunately that question is never asked.

10. Herlescu Daniel's rating of the film Charlotte Rampling: The Look

11. David R Williams's rating of the film Charlotte Rampling: The Look

A fascinating film about a fascinating human being and an incredibly brave and daring actress. As Diego Semerene writes: "For days I could watch Charlotte Rampling just speak in an empty room, looking at photographs of herself and being bitchy in flawless French to a documentary’s off-camera crew." - so could I.

12. El Biffo's rating of the film Charlotte Rampling: The Look

Charlotte Rampling is a fascinating and complex person - that's what makes her a great actress, she brings that complexity to her roles. What's really fabulous about this biopic is that instead of telling her story in a linear fashion, it is she who tells us, not about her career, but about who she is, in eight segments structured like a book of poetry: exposure, resonance, demons, age, taboo, love, death and desire.

13. julie-etta's rating of the film Charlotte Rampling: The Look

Rampling is deeply intelligent

14. David Danforth's rating of the film Charlotte Rampling: The Look

Rampling fascinated me when I was young. (She is five years my senior.) Her mysterious and beautiful presence drew me in. Alas, now years later, I found her real person of little interest to me. I couldn't finish the film. I just couldn't engage. Sorry, Charlotte.

15. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Charlotte Rampling: The Look

A generally stylish variation on a familiar theme of navel gazing. It's longeurs can be largely forgiven for providing good company for 90-minutes or so; although you're still not much the wiser as to what's behind The Look at the end of it. Nevertheless a cinematic coffee table book.

16. Asa_Nisi_Masa's rating of the film Charlotte Rampling: The Look

I recommend a sort of similar 'insightful project' with her for the interested: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xfimq0_waiting-for-charlotte_lifestyle

17. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film Charlotte Rampling: The Look

Gush...Gush, Sweet Charlotte

18. T. J. Harman's rating of the film Charlotte Rampling: The Look

I was a bit nervous going into this one, as a fan of Rampling. A doc about a movie star pondering their own mystique/image? It sounds like an unbearable monster of pretension and narcism that I was afraid would ruin her for me. While it is ponderous & flattering, it has its charms. It certainly makes you want to be in her circle of friends, full of artists & writers, like reality tv for people with taste.