1. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Charulata

Did Ray make a bad film? I don't think so.

2. dordairobert's rating of the film Charulata

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Charulata

Une des oeuvres les plus marquantes du réalisateur, un magnifique et bouleversant portrait de femme fort justement primé au festival de Berlin... www.cinefiches.com

4. HAD!L's rating of the film Charulata

well crafted but not interesting enough. a very long build up for a very simple movie.

5. Catarina Monteiro's rating of the film Charulata

maybe i dind't get it this time i was not so in there

6. RodrigoPereira's rating of the film Charulata

Magnificient, but the truth is I didn't really connect

7. Ricardo Branco's rating of the film Charulata

There's just so much beauty in this. I was high af watching this and when the swing scene comes along i was completely swept away.

8. Marina C.'s rating of the film Charulata

Beautiful tones and story! Loved Charulata to bits, and her sway scene (and pretty much every scene) moved me deeply -- the loneliness, the pride, the need for affection in a world that is limited to the four walls of a large house...

9. elif jazel's rating of the film Charulata

a masterpiece from Ray. very simple and realistic 'love story'. loneliness and its consequences couldn't be told better.

10. Benjamin Bland's rating of the film Charulata

My first Satyajit Ray film. An unexpectedly wonderful treat.

11. Tutu888's rating of the film Charulata

This film is pure poetry, almost every movement is in perfect sync with the flow. Great cinematography with some of the best camera movements I ever saw. Great music too (also in perfect flow).

12. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Charulata

13. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Charulata

This is something that lulls you, into a trance state of sorts, and fully envelops around you. One of those movies that takes you in, and brings you right into the lives of the characters. Beautiful on more than an aesthetic level, as Rays films tend to be, showing the very essence of life, the rhythm and flow of the world. Enchanting, as is our lead actress, the sensitive humanity of the story, and the movie itself.

14. HSBilly's rating of the film Charulata

subrata mitra is one of the best cinematographer in the history of cinema. even its old but still a charmer.

15. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Charulata

UN FILM REMARQUABLE ! **2016 a revoir VF 2017

16. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Charulata

Right from the start, this is a visual wonder & says so much w/ little dialogue. Ray nails the beauty in Char's loneliness even if most of it takes place in her home. And while it may lose some of its dramatic power as it goes along, as we get to know more about the husband, his newspaper, & his cousin. But in the end, with it's freeze-framed moment, it becomes a minor classic in Ray's career.

17. nessa's rating of the film Charulata

18. Francisco Vaz's rating of the film Charulata

"Escreve sobre outra coisa. Essas já foram todas abordadas." (Charu)… "Não em poemas" (Amal). Já foram feitos muitos filmes sobre amor. Mas Satyajit conseguiu agarrar uma ponta que tornou este filme em algo mais. O amor de duas pessoas pelos mesmos interesses pode-se tornar no amor entre duas pessoas.

19. Jorge Mourinha's rating of the film Charulata

The small house. http://theflickeringwall.blogspot.pt/2014/10/charulata.html

20. Stevie's rating of the film Charulata

Stunning cinematography. Mukherjee is fantastic and extraordinarily expressive. Ray shows he is a master at understanding the human psyche. 9/10.

21. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film Charulata

One of the greatest films of all time, one of those yardsticks by which I judge the rest.

22. Raman's rating of the film Charulata

one of the most poignant films ever. The sequence on the swing is ethereal. Madhabi is fantastic

23. TFCHooligan69's rating of the film Charulata

Charulata just might become one of my all-time favourites. An impressive piece of work with stunning cinematography, plus Madhabi Mukherjee is a brilliant actress.

24. Kyle Lewis's rating of the film Charulata

Another great film from Satyajit Ray, I particularly love the strong roles he gives to Madhabi Mukherjee. Although The Big City is a greater achievement for both artists.