1. Firuza Rahimova's rating of the film Chasing Amy

fuck you holden you stupid piece of shit. i am so mad

2. Marco B.'s rating of the film Chasing Amy

3. ejonline's rating of the film Chasing Amy

This was OK, although it seemed like it was fighting against itself thematically. My cousin accidentally watched this with her mom and dad, who are not fans of this kind of movie. It would have been great to be there. On the other hand, I watched Autofocus with my mom. That was awkward. I should have more sympathy for my cousin.

4. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Chasing Amy

3.5 stars. I thought this film was surprisingly enjoyable. The cast is first rate.

5. lesminho's rating of the film Chasing Amy

6. Faysal Kadow's rating of the film Chasing Amy

Smith takes a much more dramatic approach here, but there's still humor sprinkled down here. The characters, as usual in Smith's films, feel very down to earth and human here.

7. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Chasing Amy

A romantic comedy where even "the sexiest male alive", Ben Affleck, doesn't stand a chance since the girl is gay.This makes it one of the better romantic comedies out there and it has great comic book and film references for the geek in us, but the Silent Bob and Jason routine is annoying in all the films I have seen from Kevin Smith and the film would have been better without them.

8. Ka potem Es's rating of the film Chasing Amy

9. Cimino!'s rating of the film Chasing Amy

Just when you think that Smith's world (View Askewniverse) might become just another franchise, you get serious, honest chat about, well, pansexuality, and with no real safe net: in any other Hollywood comedy where the hetero male lead is proposing to his best male mate to have sex, the scene would end with a "relax, just joking" punchline and a final Springbreak scene. Great opening credits sequence too.

10. petit astronaute's rating of the film Chasing Amy

(1.4 | 35mm) 90's clothes, jeans and pullovers, and a feel of the comic books world, are the best of the film, and made me stick until the end. (what's the problem with B Affleck, his mouth is always open)

11. tyb's rating of the film Chasing Amy

While people usually point to Clerks as proof for the statement "hey, Smith's movies weren't always garbage", I think Chasing Amy is just as deserving of that honor. The down-to-earth characters and dialogue makes it fun to watch, but it also manages to tackle themes of love and sexuality in a thoughtful way.

12. soymilky's rating of the film Chasing Amy

The premise of this movie makes me so uncomfortable

13. alchimia's rating of the film Chasing Amy

14. Luca Soldati's rating of the film Chasing Amy

Trama interessante e ben sviluppata. Sono ben trattati molti temi attuali relativi alla sessualità e ai rapporti sociali. Holden è ben strutturato e la sua presa di coscienza non è banale né conciliatoria. Bellissima l'ironia sempre presente. Personaggi con uno spessore invidiabile. La regia ritma benissimo la vicenda e riesce a portarla avanti magistralmente. Bei montaggi alternati e messa in scena curata e mai cupa

15. Balthaz21's rating of the film Chasing Amy

16. Paul Prt's rating of the film Chasing Amy

I want to think intentions were good.

17. sexliesvideotape's rating of the film Chasing Amy

If you caught your own Amy - don't let her go!

18. Glue Sniffer's rating of the film Chasing Amy

Chyba mój ulubiony film Kevina

19. truffraud's rating of the film Chasing Amy

great color palette; the movie's interiors and framed-in, stylized boxy shots (holden and banky's apartment especially) were straight out of the comics they drew. the story was a bit saccharine and silly, really not on par with clerks in the least. i like that this story is in its same universe, gives the characters context. s/o to red bank, nj -- i grew up like five minutes away from there.

20. auloel's rating of the film Chasing Amy

Give me new perspective about L..O..V..E..

21. Ruby Soho's rating of the film Chasing Amy

At first amusing, but then, not sure anymore.

22. Thomas's rating of the film Chasing Amy

A decent and interesting film, worthy of sitting amongst Kevin Smith's best work. There is a fresh playful energy and joyful chemistry between the characters, as they discuss gender prejudices and their preconceived values regarding sexual orientation... and comics.

23. CJG's rating of the film Chasing Amy

Very irritating film. Kept convincing my self to keep watching as it must get less irritating but it didn't. Amy is such annoying character. No.

24. Sara T'Rula's rating of the film Chasing Amy

Classic Kevin Smith, nicely mixing sarcastic dialogue with a statement about human feelings. Haven't seen this in years, but it was great to revisit it.

← Previous 1 3 4 5