1. Ka potem Es's rating of the film Chasing Amy

2. Cimino!'s rating of the film Chasing Amy

Just when you think that Smith's world (View Askewniverse) might become just another franchise, you get serious, honest chat about, well, pansexuality, and with no real safe net: in any other Hollywood comedy where the hetero male lead is proposing to his best male mate to have sex, the scene would end with a "relax, just joking" punchline and a final Springbreak scene. Great opening credits sequence too.

3. petit astronaute's rating of the film Chasing Amy

(1.4 | 35mm) 90's clothes, jeans and pullovers, and a feel of the comic books world, are the best of the film, and made me stick until the end. (what's the problem with B Affleck, his mouth is always open)

4. tyb's rating of the film Chasing Amy

While people usually point to Clerks as proof for the statement "hey, Smith's movies weren't always garbage", I think Chasing Amy is just as deserving of that honor. The down-to-earth characters and dialogue makes it fun to watch, but it also manages to tackle themes of love and sexuality in a thoughtful way.

5. alchimia's rating of the film Chasing Amy

6. Luca Soldati's rating of the film Chasing Amy

Trama interessante e ben sviluppata. Sono ben trattati molti temi attuali relativi alla sessualità e ai rapporti sociali. Holden è ben strutturato e la sua presa di coscienza non è banale né conciliatoria. Bellissima l'ironia sempre presente. Personaggi con uno spessore invidiabile. La regia ritma benissimo la vicenda e riesce a portarla avanti magistralmente. Bei montaggi alternati e messa in scena curata e mai cupa

7. Balthaz21's rating of the film Chasing Amy

8. Paul Prt's rating of the film Chasing Amy

I want to think intentions were good.

9. sexliesvideotape's rating of the film Chasing Amy

If you caught your own Amy - don't let her go!

10. Glue Sniffer's rating of the film Chasing Amy

Chyba mój ulubiony film Kevina

11. Doug Grenier's rating of the film Chasing Amy

12. truffraud's rating of the film Chasing Amy

great color palette; the movie's interiors and framed-in, stylized boxy shots (holden and banky's apartment especially) were straight out of the comics they drew. the story was a bit saccharine and silly, really not on par with clerks in the least. i like that this story is in its same universe, gives the characters context. s/o to red bank, nj -- i grew up like five minutes away from there.

13. auloel's rating of the film Chasing Amy

Give me new perspective about L..O..V..E..

14. Ruby Soho's rating of the film Chasing Amy

At first amusing, but then, not sure anymore.

15. Thomas's rating of the film Chasing Amy

A decent and interesting film, worthy of sitting amongst Kevin Smith's best work. There is a fresh playful energy and joyful chemistry between the characters, as they discuss gender prejudices and their preconceived values regarding sexual orientation... and comics.

16. CJG's rating of the film Chasing Amy

Very irritating film. Kept convincing my self to keep watching as it must get less irritating but it didn't. Amy is such annoying character. No.

17. s.trula@me.com's rating of the film Chasing Amy

Classic Kevin Smith, nicely mixing sarcastic dialogue with a statement about human feelings. Haven't seen this in years, but it was great to revisit it.

18. Joe's rating of the film Chasing Amy

Should I finish watching this? I think I made it halfway through but up until that point it had been a real rollercoaster of misogyny > actually thought-provoking moments > mundane Tarantino-esque nerd-out dialogue > genuinely beautiful acting - I just couldn't handle how all over the place it felt!

19. raggiodisole's rating of the film Chasing Amy

The mannerism inherent in Kevin Smith films can grate, but he has a snappy way with dialogue. Kind of works, this film, shame it does not finish as strongly as it starts

20. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film Chasing Amy

Kevin Smith tricked audiences into learning an elementary understanding of what comic book inking is and that's almost commendable.

21. Federico Di Folco's rating of the film Chasing Amy

Commedia davvero gradevole di Smith,non folgorante come Clerks ma con una regia brillante ed una messa in scena perfetta per esaltare l universo da lui creato.Il taglio provinciale è reso alla grande(ricorda Bogdanovich e Jarmush),il citazionismo è sempre iper-frequente e le battute sempre memorabili;in più stavolta crea un'intimità ed una profondità inedite,immerse alla perfezione nell'America anni '90. Grande Kevin

22. naokoken's rating of the film Chasing Amy

The line from the comic convention "I like to think of them as Rosencrantz & Guildenstern meet Vladimir & Estragon" had me excited. Albert Camus and Top Stoppard references, and there sit the two creators of the comic. And then you realize a movie is an artificial construct when it does not work for you. The dialog delivery by all the characters seemed so forced. But I did enjoy seeing the movie.

23. Myles's rating of the film Chasing Amy

Canned, dated, and past it's expiration date. Like Starkist Tuna from 1997. Toss it.

24. Ryan's rating of the film Chasing Amy

Chasing Amy does a fine job highlighting the prejudices and preconceptions of unadventurous hetero men, but it doesn't quite come together. Holden's hangups seem overblown, and for two people that constantly remind us how in love they are, their actions didn't come off as real. That said, there's a refreshing open-ness to Smith's films. Chasing Amy is no different, and I'm glad I got a chance to see it.

← Previous 1 3 4 5