1. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Cheap Thrills

Nice and dark and messed up. Thank you.

2. Aube James's rating of the film Cheap Thrills

E.L. Katz's exploitative and macabre twist on "Truth Or Dare" advances like a psychoanalytic Black Comedy 'slash' grim morality play. And it gets nastier !! ~ which kept me glued & cringing. Mission accomplished.

3. João R's rating of the film Cheap Thrills

Title of the movie is self-explanatory.

4. Renton47's rating of the film Cheap Thrills

I can't help but wonder if a cheap ideology deserves a satire as cheap as this one. Any dummy can tell you that this film is about how there are no nice-guy winners in capitalism, yet the crudeness of such a message is ideal for the format here. A funny, fun film, yet as in most escalating game concepts the returns are low as the stakes mainly rely on us anticipating what comes next.

5. galuh indri's rating of the film Cheap Thrills

Morale of the story: don't trust your friend. Ever.

6. Fırat Ataç's rating of the film Cheap Thrills

7. La Schiff's rating of the film Cheap Thrills

8. Nick Schwab's rating of the film Cheap Thrills

As a social satire on greed, Cheap Thrills runs out of things to say. Yet, the character relationships and the intense character arc makes the emotion much, um, richer. It's held together by its actors and is the very definition of a dark comedy that works: you feel freakish laughing at its twisted humor among other people. Even if it's predictable in its plot, it's deliriously funny and dramatically intense.

9. Castor von Fraudsburg's rating of the film Cheap Thrills

This movie is a hidden gem among low budget films. It expertly weaves a tale about morality and cognitive dissonance. What will you do for money? Where is the point of no return? Straightforward yet powerful, I would give it a 4,5 star rating if it were possible.

10. Coelho's rating of the film Cheap Thrills

money makes the world go round

11. Jack Hoehn's rating of the film Cheap Thrills

12. Levent Güçer's rating of the film Cheap Thrills

13. filmcapsule's rating of the film Cheap Thrills

I'm not sure what the point of this is other than to teach us that people will degrade themselves for money, which we already know from TV. Katz does nothing to distinguish it stylistically beyond its premise of escalating dares, which function more as discrete stunts than narrative building blocks.

14. Diego Carrera's rating of the film Cheap Thrills

The script tells by all means what superior Chookiat Sakveerakul's 13 Game Sayawng already told, but with a faltering direction that never EVER chooses between an unpretensious and dark sense of humor and the seriousness that a dramatic character study asks for. And this is a little annoying.

15. Film Aficionerdo's rating of the film Cheap Thrills

The sadistic premise is elevated by its perfectly timed humor. Cheap Thrills isn't an easy watch, but if you can stomach the trauma, then you'll have fun witnessing two guys desperate to one-up each other. File this movie under: Fucked Up.

16. msmichel's rating of the film Cheap Thrills

A somewhat nasty piece of work that should stand as a good calling card for debut feature director E.I. Katz. Script shines a light on how extreme one will go for the love of the dollar and what some financial freedom or relief from debt may feel like. Nothing new under the sun here but still an entertaining ride. Performances vary but the script is certainly tight enough for the 90 minute ride.

17. novanindro's rating of the film Cheap Thrills

18. celestenorth's rating of the film Cheap Thrills

I have to say I didn't really get what the fuzz about this movie is. It sure grows in tension and has some (disturbing) memorable images but characters are not developed enough and such topic has been seen in other ficks (13 sins, Would you rather).

19. Addiena of Mubi land's rating of the film Cheap Thrills

20. Michael Harbour's rating of the film Cheap Thrills

An exploration of what we'll do to ourselves and each other to keep our heads above water. And the persuasive power of money when you don't have it. And how you can be coaxed step by step into unimaginable territory. It's all very well done, but portions are excessively derivative.

21. Cinemactik's rating of the film Cheap Thrills

Clever, cruel, and criminally hilarious. David Koechner tones down his usually amped up energy to calmly and coolly pull the strings on two distant and desperate friends who will potentially do anything when money is thrown at them. E.L. Katz pulls no punches with his characters or the audience. Definitely worth it, and I'll be looking forward to more from this guy for sure. Another win for the 1st quarter of 2014.

22. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Cheap Thrills

Demented, wild, and visceral, “Cheap Thrills” is a nasty silly game that I can’t understand, but is unquestionably hugely entertaining. Full Review: http://alwayswatchgoodmovies.blogspot.com/2014/03/cheap-thrills-2013.html

23. The Future Mr. Gitts's rating of the film Cheap Thrills

A contrived, tedious, and surprisingly tame game of one-upmanship that offers no surprises and nothing insightful to say about human nature. The committed performances, particularly from Healy and Koechner, are commendable, but that's about it.

24. chanandre's rating of the film Cheap Thrills