1. Royce Jr.'s rating of the film Chelsea Girls

I don't like the film but i don't feel it a waste of time. Also this has the most notable thing in Warhol's work, celebrity culture, so it's not totally meaningless after all

2. Marc St-Cyr (Death cinéphilia)'s rating of the film Chelsea Girls

Saw it at Montreal's cinematheque: probably the greatest happening/improvisational Masterpiece ever made. I got to thanks the MoMA for the lend these gorgeous copies of 35mm. The experience was very masochism (half of the full room was empty at the end). You can't watch this film in your tv. you must live in theatre. The film is for me an interrogation about spectatorship, voyeurism and performance. Stunning.

3. Balthaz21's rating of the film Chelsea Girls

4. Mighty Quinn's rating of the film Chelsea Girls

As a "movie", it's awful. The one take, amatuer style & split screen get old fast. Warhol's "Superstars" are very obnoxious; their drug addled rants and constant profanity not realy going anywhere interesting. It has some merit documenting the 60's Queer scene in New York, otherwise I wouldn't recommend seeing more than a few clips on YouTube if you're curious. I saw 90 minutes, don't find much point seeing any more.

5. Jordan Kaltz's rating of the film Chelsea Girls

6. Illusion Travels By Streetcar's rating of the film Chelsea Girls

"...a group of, um, spreedfreaks with Warhol's then-boyfriend Billy Name..." http://illusionpodcast.blogspot.com/2014/08/episode-27-andy-warhol-saved-from.html

7. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Chelsea Girls

A very interesting experience. A different and courageous type of cinema. I admire it more than i enjoyed it

8. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Chelsea Girls

This is not a typical film and I almost think it's inappropriate to consider it such. This is an instillation. On that note, it is a very good instillation. I wish I had more room to discuss what the difference is, alas I don't.

9. Garçon Manqué's rating of the film Chelsea Girls

10. Sleepy Head's rating of the film Chelsea Girls

the german magistrate, tall and blonde yard

11. aoaijea's rating of the film Chelsea Girls

I found this at the giant warehouse videostore where I live. An Italian company released this film, I think they're called rarovideo, and it can only be played on specific dvd players because of the pal format. Use a laptop when watching.

12. Jazzaloha's rating of the film Chelsea Girls

How do you get a hold of this film?

13. Jesse Furgurson's rating of the film Chelsea Girls

A reorientation of the senses I am very glad to have undergone.

14. Doc Block's rating of the film Chelsea Girls

I actually loved it than what I expected to be. Warhol made better underground films than his art. The Chelsea Girls is a masterpiece of the cinema, which can not be explained, but experienced. It draws you into this new realm and, when you least expect it, you are thrown right back out..

15. EastyBoy's rating of the film Chelsea Girls

Alternately interesting and tedious. The split screen effect was cool, some of the dialogue was interesting and funny and it's a good document of the scene. On the other hand a lot of it was frequently tedious due to the scenes going on and on and the people being quite boring a lot of the time. Maybe the tedium is intended. Still really glad I got the chance to see it and I might up the rating at some point.

16. Ardhi Syaifuddin's rating of the film Chelsea Girls

Recommended for experimental buffs only.

17. REH1101's rating of the film Chelsea Girls

Fans of experimental / avant-garde cinema should see this buy a region-free DVD player and get your hands on a copy of this as soon as possible. However, those who prefer more conventional films should stay far, far away.