1. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Chess Fever

2. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film Chess Fever

inside my chesst, within my soul's deepest rechesses, i see you dear, my Garden of the cHes[s]perides! Chessnoe pionerskoe...

3. Matija's rating of the film Chess Fever

quite funny, Capablanca is having a hard time looking away from the camera :)

4. aaa88's rating of the film Chess Fever

It seems there is a little hole in the screenplay. Funny, anyway.

5. Marco Della Motta's rating of the film Chess Fever

6. anarresti's rating of the film Chess Fever

Such high concentrated doses of cuteness, chess and romantic tragicomic antics. It had to work!

7. Marco Bevilacqua's rating of the film Chess Fever

Aesthetically interesting, in some points an avant-garde use of montage and recording techniques. A funny commedy at the end but there isn't an original approach to telling the story. Seems to be like a classic American comedy movie of that time in terms of content.

8. matteo carini's rating of the film Chess Fever

funny and typical of those russian generations, for the chess lovers it is a treat to see Capablanca in there...

9. Polyglot's rating of the film Chess Fever

This is the funniest Russian film I've ever seen.

10. msmichel's rating of the film Chess Fever

Wildly entertaining silent short from directors Pudovkin (Storm Over Asia) and Shpikovsky that revels in a comedic portrayal of a young couple being kept apart by.....chess? Full of wonderful sight gags and perfectly timed at a breezy 25 minutes. Best in show has to be the baby and the flyer.

11. between7skies's rating of the film Chess Fever

Pricless silent, tender humour, LOL my way through the movie. Russian have a magic touch with cinema.

12. Willyzacc's rating of the film Chess Fever

Sympa ce petit court, drôle et inventif. Vive le cinéma Russe!

13. Jason's rating of the film Chess Fever

The primary take-away from this not-very-funny little comedy (which is also not particularly inventive in its montage, despite the pedigree of its formalizers) is that the stupidities of the quotidian obsessions of regular citizens have never been particularly unforgivable nor likely to produce much amusement in those who do not possess a kind of easy and blithe fondness for their own illusions of superiority.

14. Kamran's rating of the film Chess Fever

Whacky and at times humorous, but all too often banal, basic, and sluggish. 70/100 - Good.

15. Emily O's rating of the film Chess Fever

dumb little hat! "there's no place for me in this world"

16. JD Tastad's rating of the film Chess Fever

Emily, watch this! it's how we feel about diplomacy.

17. Kornovska's rating of the film Chess Fever

Cocasse et très drôle! Beaucoup d'émotions et des images très intéressantes des années 20 soviétiques. On a même droit à une joke de cul, ce qui, pour 1925, était fort surprenant!

18. EdieEmm's rating of the film Chess Fever

Wonderfully wacky silent comedy short from master of montage Pudovkin. Lots of fun.

19. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film Chess Fever

20. Laura Suffield's rating of the film Chess Fever

Please show us more of these Russian 1920s films. They really are fascinating. I love this one and "Bed and Sofa".

21. Javier's rating of the film Chess Fever

22. Leire's rating of the film Chess Fever

Great absurd humour! It could be a contemporary film if we change chess for football, right? I found the ending a bit disappointing though...

23. Maria Nefeli Panetsos's rating of the film Chess Fever

Just perfect! I've never believed that I'd laugh so much like now!

24. Dominic Rainsford's rating of the film Chess Fever

Chess as a kind of zombie invasion. Inventive, observant and funny.