1. Gisèle Kérosène's rating of the film Chevalier

2. wiwitaek's rating of the film Chevalier

Okay, suddenly, I keep thinking about this movie and the more think about it, the more it makes a lot sense and I'm getting the idea. Darn fine movie.

3. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Chevalier

If you love dry humor, this is a good choice. It's funny because it's true. It's about how men communicate with each other through competition. It becomes even more difficult if it's your loved one. Of course it's a generalization, just as women's preferred method of communication is sharing. If you're at a party and a guy asks you where you went to school, it's because he wants you to ask him, so he can one-up you.

4. Diego Carrera's rating of the film Chevalier

Lethargic. In good Greek, ληθαργικός.

5. Matt Richards's rating of the film Chevalier

While I absolutely love the dramatic execution of this study on the idea of validation, competitiveness and ultimate self worth the film really falls down in the pacing. The many missed opportunities where variety in the level of humour and absurdity would otherwise have made for a riveting watch instead feel oddly detached and dull. 3 stars

6. angelicidea's rating of the film Chevalier

An amusing take on what it takes to be the perfect man (according to men).

7. Mario Tomchev's rating of the film Chevalier

8. saitosouta's rating of the film Chevalier

O PENIS / there are many kinds of PENIS / PENIS gigantic / PENIS miniscule / PENIS that can erect / PENIS that can't erect / but know'st thou / PENIS / which has no flesh & blood / that PENIS is / in thy mind / thou compar'st physical PENIS / in public toilet / in public bath / to strangers / to intimate friends / but living in this world is / like comparing spiritual PENIS / PENIS comparison is / curse of living

9. Ardhi Syaifuddin's rating of the film Chevalier

A film that pokes fun at male rivalry, with a big grin. It has a potential to go much darker but they kept it in a comedic territory.

10. -REM-'s rating of the film Chevalier

11. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Chevalier

Un filme que tiene una premisa interesante, pero que se desgasta con rapidez. Lo malo de "Chevalier" es que divide su único conflicto entre todos los miembros. Aquí los hombre compiten entre sí. Es un todo contra todos, mas no hay una tensión que sobresale del resto. Es como una reunión de medianoche que se agota a medida que los juegos (de competencia de egos) se van acabando.

12. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Chevalier

13. Riddle, van, stellar's rating of the film Chevalier

the warmth under the indifferent surface is unexpectedly luscious, unlike the eccentric presentation of distorted societies, it applies the as novel analogy and the usual emotional roundabout to disguise the plainness of its plot, it did strike

14. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Chevalier

15. Matthew Martens's rating of the film Chevalier

A thin and tedious thing, more forced than farce.

16. Diogo Carvalho's rating of the film Chevalier

A bunch of embarassing moments.

17. henry0001's rating of the film Chevalier

oddly affectionate to me, a more realistic Greek weird wave, the dramatic structure is too scattered, but this just got me so well, 3.5

18. Yugosalvia Plath's rating of the film Chevalier

19. Balthaz21's rating of the film Chevalier

20. msmichel's rating of the film Chevalier

Tsangari gives us an absurdist but telling examination of machismo, male posturing and the antagonism of the male competitive spirit. Co-written with Efthimis Filippou (The Lobster) this reps another example of the new Greek cinema and its' willingness to push boundaries and societal norms.

21. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Chevalier

An astute, clever meditation on neoliberal obsession for quantification, metrics, comparisons and evaluations ("How long is your dick?") where all social relationships are commodified, instrumental, and transactional. A perfect allegory of contemporary life in Greece under imposed-Austerity, Chevalier is also a powerful study on class and gender.

22. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Chevalier

A masterpiece of laconic humor. Basically “Chevalier” is about grown up men acting like children - playing a game of “who’s the best in general” on a boat - but watching it makes you feel you’re watching life as it is in western societies. Perhaps the humor is not for everyone, but I found it hilarious. I’m glad to see that Tsangari is not just imitating Lanthimos nor trying to be weird for weirdness sake.

23. bulletproof isobel's rating of the film Chevalier

I found it hilarious. Obviously satyrical, definitely flawed but so funny. Also great music.

24. Renton47's rating of the film Chevalier

In both her popular features now I have found Tsangari to be an elliptical filmmaker, punctuating emotions and ideas at intervals that leave me cold. Do I respect Chevalier more for not playing to broad comedy? Perhaps, if the result had been more pointed and the actual comedy not so pleasing. But the observation that we facilitate supremacy at whatever ridiculous parameters feels an astute one here. 2.5