1. riraru's rating of the film Children of Men

Die Message äußerst kitischig, die Zustände erschreckend diesseits, die Umsetzung phantastisch.

2. Mister Monkeyman's rating of the film Children of Men

Science fiction films all too often get lost in the razzmatazz of their special effects. Children of Men is a rare example of sci-fi which foregrounds ideas and provides a window into a future that may await us.

3. Epinephrin's rating of the film Children of Men

4. Aardsy's rating of the film Children of Men

It's as if sci-fi comments on the world of today!

5. worldleader's rating of the film Children of Men

It’s technically good, the story is good, good acting, good direction, good montage, all around great entertainment with an edge.

6. Superfrog's rating of the film Children of Men

Could have done without the longish shooting scene but otherwise a somewhat decent story supported by good camera and potent character building work. A recommended watch for me.

7. lostlevel's rating of the film Children of Men

When this film was first released I couldn't really imagine this dystopian view of the United Kingdom. How wrong I was.

8. Giorgio's rating of the film Children of Men

The film is entertaining and the documentary like direction is really catching but I have had higher expectations. It is not only for the plot holes but mainly the fact that the action is always preferred over the in depth into the several interesting topics that the presented distopic future could have offered

9. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Children of Men

If you think Children Of Men is just a dystopian thriller disconnected from the events of our daily lives then see how you feel during the scene in which the characters discuss how an upcoming major event could be manipulated and "improved" for the public by replacing the face of an immigrant with the face of someone white. Prescient sci-fi? This almost feels like a documentary nowadays.

10. Veronika Wellings's rating of the film Children of Men

A prescient warning? Brexit aftermath?

11. Adam Laurence Pitt's rating of the film Children of Men

12. Omnibus1's rating of the film Children of Men

When I first saw this, about 10 years ago, nobody seriously thought Donald Trump could be President, or would have imagined Theresa (Hostile Environment / Crush the Saboteurs) May would be Prime Minister. It adds another chilling level to this fantastically entertaining futuristic thriller.

13. mark's rating of the film Children of Men

Now seen this twice. First time, I didn't take to it, but second time it worked better. Michael Cain's performance interrupted the flow for me. But otherwise I found it a thought provoking and generally well made film.

14. Mike Jempson's rating of the film Children of Men

A truly shocking film; political AND personal and all too close scenes we see daily across the world of now in 2019, and not so very far off Brexit Britain with its callous disregard for the plight of migrants. It put me in mind of the predicament of Shamima Begum's innocent baby, and the dystopia also Jose Saramago's 'Blindness' and 'Seeing'. I just hope it is not a foretaste of what is to come.

15. Brian's rating of the film Children of Men

16. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Children of Men

17. Ludovic72's rating of the film Children of Men

Le film brille déjà par son casting impeccable et sa mise en scène toujours adaptée à l'action, avec des scènes de poursuites et de combats d'une brutalité impressionnante. Il se distingue aussi par un scénario de nature dystopique… qui ressemble de plus en plus à l'évolution réelle de l'Europe et du monde (à part le problème de l'infertilité) ! Un parallélisme glaçant qui rend le visionnage encore plus fascinant…

18. Maike Hemmers's rating of the film Children of Men

My most poignant reaction was rolling my eyes. SHE doesn’t need to be saved by him #nowhitesaviors Really annoyed and angry how the (actual) main character was depicted with an ‚African accent‘ as an inferior position and being saved by an alcoholic white man who ended as a matryr. Every woman ended up dead, was incapable or crazy (“look for the arab /or gypsy woman”). Where’s Claire-Hope Ashitey on Mubi’s cast page?

19. -'s rating of the film Children of Men

Theme sounds interesting enough, but the plot is, well frankly put, it's just a heap of sh** The plot is entirely build upon happenstance: the protagonist just happens to hear a conversation crucial to the plot, after fleeing the protagonist just happens to know someone where they can hide, this man just happens to have connections to get them to where they need to go to get on "the boat"(an empty plot vehicle

20. korovjev's rating of the film Children of Men

Terrible and unimaginative film.

21. Henk Lamers's rating of the film Children of Men

Final score: 7. Storyline: 7, Originality: 7, Cinematography: 9, Involvement: 7, Sound: 7, Editing: 8, Educational: 7, Title design: 7, Acting: 7, Interesting: 7, Unusual: 7, Exciting: 7, Superior: 7

22. LomasEastwood's rating of the film Children of Men

Today more relevant than ever. One of the great movies of the 21th century...

23. Martha's rating of the film Children of Men

Wonderful movie, keeping breath all movie long. Stunning !

24. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Children of Men