1. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Children of Paradise

2. HSBilly's rating of the film Children of Paradise

it was the french answer to gone with the wind. all i can say ,3 hours is not enough for those 5 loveseeker.

3. El Biffo's rating of the film Children of Paradise

"Paris is small for those who share so great a passion as ours."

4. Mr. Marston's rating of the film Children of Paradise

5. Gone Daddy Gone's rating of the film Children of Paradise

6. waywardwaters's rating of the film Children of Paradise

could these pathetic beta simps put the wrinkled pussy on any higher of a pedestal? soccer moms are pleased and wet worldwide.

7. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Children of Paradise

3 full hours of historical viewing pleasure!

8. A47's rating of the film Children of Paradise

Mine thrashed the craft into me with the motto. "A kick in the ass, if well delivered, is a sure laugh." It's true. There's an entire order, a science, a style of kicks in the ass. Alas, traditions die out. Audiences always want something new. Something new. Novelty! What does that mean? Novelty is as old as the hills!

9. Silvia Bombardini's rating of the film Children of Paradise

oh Baptiste ♡ c'est tellement simple l'amour.

10. Øystein Egge's rating of the film Children of Paradise

A masterpiece in every way

11. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Children of Paradise

12. Arcanus's rating of the film Children of Paradise

Mistranslation of the title! See below for full details from someone else. Why not use the correct French title + correct translation. The correct translation of Les Enfants du Paradis is "Children of the Gods". Duh!

13. msmichel's rating of the film Children of Paradise

One of the all time masterpieces. Carne's film is near perfection especially considering the time period in which it was shot (occupied France). A moving, wonderful script matched by arresting performances by all performers. Areletty a delight as Garance and the performance by Jean-Louis Brasseur is one of the best performances by an actor in film.

14. TFCHooligan69's rating of the film Children of Paradise

I watched this on Criterion DVD and it has instantly become one of my favourite French films of all-time. A true masterpiece in every sense of the word. This is an exquisite piece of filmmaking. I am not sure what else coulkd be said that hasn't all ready been repeated numerous times. Watch this.

15. Dana Garden's rating of the film Children of Paradise

A magnificent film, as near to perfect as any film can ever made. The performances run the gamut from comic to heartbreaking; the dialogue is perfection, thanks to poet Jacques Prevert; the mise-en-scene is complete to the least detail, and the story is based around the rock-solid themes that transcend eras and cultures. My life and my understanding of human nature is enriched each time I watch this film. Always new.

16. Robert W Peabody III's rating of the film Children of Paradise

Like love, you will not want this film to end.

17. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Children of Paradise

We don't talk about acting enough anymore. We don't seem to be interested in traditions of acting. This film has so many brilliant acting styles all working together to create a cinematic whole. As theatrical is the subject matter, it is still, triumphantly, a movie.

18. Tyler Krul's rating of the film Children of Paradise

personally, I believe this film to be one of, if not the greatest film of all time. The story, the acting, the scenery, Carne's carnivalesque aspirations. Even in this world of desired imediate gratification, this film, despite being three hours long, never slows, not once. Fantastic.

19. redux's rating of the film Children of Paradise

Feels like primary evidence for the continuity and consistency of French culture, from Racine to Rohmer, and beyond.

20. Henrique Verkündigung's rating of the film Children of Paradise

one of the best french films of all-time !

21. Max Kazaam Wilde's rating of the film Children of Paradise

Well worth a second watch and now possibly one of my favorites because of the fantastically tragic opposing forces adding up to a very real, identifiable ending to what, at times, felt more like a dream. The characters were endearing, which is a large understatement, and no matter what side of the moral spectrum they were coming from, relatable.

22. SALESK's rating of the film Children of Paradise

23. Harry Rossi's rating of the film Children of Paradise

Incredibly made, perfectly acted, beautifully written and shot; and I even had the pleasure to see this on 35mm. However that all being said, something about the story didn't exactly click with me. I loved the characters more than I loved the story. That being said, I did find certain aspects of Carne's mediation on love to be brilliant, it just didn't exactly do it for me. Gonna rate it 4 but its more a 4.5 for me.

24. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Children of Paradise

Witty and impeccably directed tragic-romantic epic which has a better first half and shines during the pantomime sequences.