1. Elisa's rating of the film Children of Paradise

2. Tellechea's rating of the film Children of Paradise

"Paris est tout petit pour ceux qui s'aiment comme nous"

3. Joshuah's rating of the film Children of Paradise

Impossible not to love every second of this, and graciously adore the character Baptiste... I particularly loved how many of the theater performances where done so patiently, gracefully, sometimes long but never boring, allowing the viewer to be a part of the audience. One of the greatest movies ever.

4. Matthew's rating of the film Children of Paradise

Just perfect. The best film I've seen all year.

5. Tara Violet's rating of the film Children of Paradise

one of the most perfect films I've ever seen. charming, endearing, darkly humorous, masterful.

6. Roscoe's rating of the film Children of Paradise

Entirely adequate in every way, the time passed mostly agreeably. I wanted to like it, I expected to love it, and I did neither.

7. Michael Harbour's rating of the film Children of Paradise

A magnificent film of love and theater which seems much much grander than the limited scale enforced by filming mostly indoors in Nazi occupied France. The film evinces a mastery of both pantomime and incisive clever dialogue. A near-Shakespearean tragedy; most tragic for those left to live with the consequences of betrayals and revelation.

8. Robin Whenary's rating of the film Children of Paradise

9. Fábio Gomes's rating of the film Children of Paradise

It has it all: laughter, joy, sadness, a pure sense of wonder. A film that perfectly represents the european attitude on life - the "joie de vivre", even on the face of misery. The character archetypes are timeless and so could still relate to this day. A true masterpiece.

10. MarcH's rating of the film Children of Paradise

So pure and authentic. You can practically smell the perfume, face paint, and cigarettes.

11. Gylfi's rating of the film Children of Paradise

Astonishing work, loved every second of it. One of the greatest films of all time, made under unbelievably difficult circumstances. Do yourself a favour and see this movie.

12. sodr2's rating of the film Children of Paradise

its as if Shakespeare's the assistant director or something

13. Canonalan's rating of the film Children of Paradise

complex characters, witty and moving dialogue, amazing cinematography, great acting. It's a perfect film.

14. Edna Sweetlove's rating of the film Children of Paradise

CHILDREN OF PARADISE is a poor mistranslation of the original title. If you absolutely have to translate (but why?), you should use CHILDREN OF THE GODS, "the gods" referring to the cheap seats in the top balcony in a theatre - this is called "Le Paradis" in French.

15. Kyle Lewis's rating of the film Children of Paradise

16. Vera Sophia's rating of the film Children of Paradise

this might sounds stupid but what does the title has to do with the story? can someone please illuminate me

17. Hidden Behind the Screen's rating of the film Children of Paradise

Was suprised at how much I really enjoyed this. Just goes to show the films you go into with the lowest expecations could potentially be favorites.

18. fleur de chair's rating of the film Children of Paradise

As some one who speaks French, I've never considered the title a mistranslation. "Paradis" is most often used to mean heaven or paradise, and the less widely-known, theatrical colloquialism is clearly explained in the film. Remember that this film was written by poet. As such, I don't think it's at all productive to interpret the title so literally.

19. HobartLazaro's rating of the film Children of Paradise

a kind of fairy tale for adults

20. danhofstra's rating of the film Children of Paradise

absolutely astounding...one of the best films I've ever seen. You get so wrapped up in it, especially during the second hour, that it's impossible to believe that three hours and ten minutes passed while you were watching it.

21. Anton Williams's rating of the film Children of Paradise

22. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Children of Paradise

One of these films that made me love cinema in the early 70's. A fabulous journey through life and play, through love and desire, through logorrhea and silence and through theatre and cinema. Lacenaire and Frédérick Lemaître were real public figures of the beginning of the 1830's in France. Masterpiece.

23. Cormac Aristide's rating of the film Children of Paradise

That second half absolutely floored me.

24. lauli's rating of the film Children of Paradise