1. Malt Frisky's rating of the film Children Who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below

Gorgeous animation and that's why it's a shame that a film with one dimensional characters and a story that tries so hard to be Studio Ghibli but can't help itself by falling back on every anime troupe bullshit cliché that made me want to put my fist through the screen of this near 2 hour meandering movie is completely wasted. Watch Nausicaä if you want a similar film with actual depth and emotion over this shit!

2. pluviosity's rating of the film Children Who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below

the designs are beautiful, and there's something beautifully sad about life and death premise. But that's that only. The characters are two-dimensional, and though gimmicky and flashy the fantasy is, but it's a super mess, pointless, and not holding up to a thing.

3. pomegranate's rating of the film Children Who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below

bad version of MIYAZAKI ''CASTLE IN THE SKY''

4. Bernard Batubara's rating of the film Children Who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below

Quite slow at the beginning, but gripping from middle to end. A journey of a lesson on how to say goodbye.

5. naive3's rating of the film Children Who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below

Really, really stunningly beautiful. But with any of Shinkai's works I've seen... I wish it had been a little more cohesive. It still felt there were a few parts of the storyline missing.

6. Ale/M's rating of the film Children Who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below

7. Odile~'s rating of the film Children Who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below

Not original but beautiful.

8. robin's rating of the film Children Who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below

For a film dealing with mythology of coping with loss it lacks a bit of a soul. Miyazaki it wants to be, Miyazaki it isn't.

9. Nafisbelmont's rating of the film Children Who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below

i love shinkai and all but man, stay away from this genre will you? it just doesn't fit. The story was cliche and unoriginal, the pacing was bad and in addition, the development of the characters were bad as well. the only thing that saved this movie was the final scene.

10. MAIRITA's rating of the film Children Who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below

11. Haneul's rating of the film Children Who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below

Shinkai and his neverending monologues

12. kokeshi's rating of the film Children Who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below

13. Paolo Simeone's rating of the film Children Who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below

Shinkai is too busy telling you he's a fucking poet to realize the story doesn't go anywhere and he could have cut 20 minutes of our lives out of this movie.

14. Gabriele Taddei's rating of the film Children Who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below

Ho appena finito di vedere questo capolavoro, scrivo con le lacrime agli occhi, visti tutti gli altri film di Shinkai, con questo stavo rimanendo deluso, lo stile era troppo simile a quello di Miyazaki, la storia non sembrava originale, eppure ogni minuto che passava cresceva in me una malinconia che pochissimi film mi hanno dato, fuori dal suo stile, Shinkai gira quello che sarebbe stato il miglior film di Miyazaki

15. glitchedplant's rating of the film Children Who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below

16. joaomoita's rating of the film Children Who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below

17. eek's rating of the film Children Who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below

One of the most beautiful animations ever, but very flawed in it's dramatic structure

18. Yeul's rating of the film Children Who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below

I found it to be one of the most beautiful animations I've seen in recent time. The beginning starts off slow and is quite repetitive as the MC goes through day by day activities, but once the movie reaches Agartha, I completely forget that and experience all of the artwork of the landscapes and creatures as if I were Asuna exploring the world for the first time.

19. Eingya's rating of the film Children Who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below

Shinkai tries his hand with this more "canonical" adventure story, the result is just amazing. In some points it clearly homages Miyazaki's cinema, but it manages to keep all of Shinkai style and aesthetic themes. Just a beautiful movie.

20. mirzafahmi's rating of the film Children Who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below

21. El-DoX's rating of the film Children Who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below

Visivamente maestoso e visionario, Shinkai si dimostra un'eccellente talento con parecchia strada da fare. Bisogna mantenere una propria direzione piuttosto che omaggiare l'inarrivabile Miyazaki, di fatto Hoshi wo Ou Kodomo sembra uscito direttamente dallo Studio Ghibli, con la differenza che abbiamo una trama piuttosto altalenante e stiracchiata.

22. maudiniz's rating of the film Children Who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below

23. a Smith's rating of the film Children Who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below

This, to me, seemed like a miniseries that had been recut into a two hour film. Lovely, pretty, and satisfying overall, I wish it had been a little more cohesive.

24. Madri Bafadhal's rating of the film Children Who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below