1. spasmolytic's rating of the film Child's Play

2. ceknklsn's rating of the film Child's Play

3. Isabella Heron's rating of the film Child's Play

"This little guy has quite the attitude" - Ian Dickman

4. Nolan Barth's rating of the film Child's Play

This is a fun little 80s horror film with a cool premise. This is by no means a masterpiece, but it is entertaining enough to hold your attention for 87 minutes. Chucky doesn't make it onto the Mount Rushmore of horror legends like Freddy Krueger or Michael Myers, but he is at least a honorable mention. Child's Play is not great, but it certainly isn't bad either.

5. Pedderrs's rating of the film Child's Play

It's always difficult when a film has to rely heavily on the performance of young child and unfortunately Alex Vincent can't help but frustrate with his wooden delivery here. Despite this, Catherine Hicks is fantastically convincing as the mother and Brad Dourif's voice is perfectly sinister for the character of Chucky. It's serviceable horror and will unsettle viewers, but Child's Play is only mildly entertaining.

6. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Child's Play

7. Nick Schwab's rating of the film Child's Play

The first Child's Play is much scarier than it's often credited for, at least, in the first half. As that half builds its psychological angle quite well-- as to whether Chucky is alive or not-- and it's properly suspenseful and developed. When the film switches into straight-forward slasher mode is when it loses its footing, unsure whether to play it serious or straight at the expense of its wise-cracking villain.

8. Jessica's rating of the film Child's Play

9. Sydney Burdick's rating of the film Child's Play

Gotta admit I love this series

10. Rocco's rating of the film Child's Play

Quite moronic but Andy and his mother are really quite extraordinary. I also respect Chucky because he was a scary AND hilarious from the start unlike other slashers who had to grow a funny bone as their respective series began to lose steam.

11. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Child's Play

12. JackButcher's rating of the film Child's Play

Easily the best of the series as a straight out horror, although it has a lot of shortcomings, the minimalist action from the doll (during the earlier parts of the film) does work very well.

13. Wasunan T's rating of the film Child's Play

14. Amandenberg's rating of the film Child's Play

Was terrified of Chucky until about age 13. Sometimes I still get nervous I'll close my eyes and when I am open them again, he will be there...

15. Log Lady's rating of the film Child's Play

For some reason I've always thought this to be extremely gory and dark horror, but perhaps my imagination had gotten the best of me. At times the story felt more like a supernatural detective story with a funny and ugly doll (would someone actually buy that?). At least the premise is handled well, but overall a pretty underwhelming flick whose cult status I'm still pondering.

16. Checkpoint Charlie's rating of the film Child's Play

17. Gylfi's rating of the film Child's Play

Saw this along with Poltergeist one late evening on German TV (dubbed in German) when I was a kid, staying at my grandparents place. It scared me stiff and I remember I slept very little that night. Seeing it again many years later, it is fun to notice just what scenes stood out in my mind for all this time. Not up there with Friday the 13th or Nightmare on Elm Street in terms of fun, but still has it's moments.

18. associal's rating of the film Child's Play

this is an awful awful AWFUL movie. it's dumb, it's unoriginal, it's unentertaining and i hate every minute of it. how could this thing be considered as a classic horror film?

19. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film Child's Play

20. Steve Pulaski's rating of the film Child's Play

Yes - I'm giving it five stars. It incorporates everything that a horror movie should and still is a bit creepy today.

21. pollutedlola's rating of the film Child's Play

22. BUSHRA's rating of the film Child's Play

i might be the stupidest person ever for being completely afraid of this movie but i was only 5 and now even though i'm much older, i can't shake off the fear. still gives me the creeps.

23. Erick's rating of the film Child's Play

I never understood the plot when I was a kid and watching it 17 years later, it's pretty corny. However, I did think that at times it was worthy of a sudden jump.

24. marinaaaaaaaa's rating of the film Child's Play

This should be labeled as a comedy, not horror.