1. Psycoteraphy's rating of the film Child's Play

2. HKFanatic's rating of the film Child's Play

Having only ever caught bits of the original "Child's Play" on cable, I was impressed by how well this film holds up - "Fright Night" director Tom Holland devotes the first half of the film to generating suspense, as poor six year-old Andy is blamed for the crimes of his murderous doll Chucky and slated for the psych ward, before the third act erupts into an almost "Terminator"-esque battle with the killer toy.

3. Andre Flickatina's rating of the film Child's Play

not such a "good guy" after all!!

4. LibertyCapz's rating of the film Child's Play

When I was a kid Child's Play was undoubtedly my favorite series of "scary" movies. However, upon a recent re-watch/catch-up marathon of the full 'Chucky septology' I came to the (slightly soul-crushing) conclusion that nostalgia is a scheming weasel of a temptress... For real though, the first one isn't bad at all. It's a perfectly competent horror movie with a lot of goof and charm, really quite enjoyable.

5. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Child's Play

It takes true talent to make something watchable out of this ridiculous story of a killer doll, but Brad Dourif's voice and the Chucky Doll is a fantastic mix together that creates movie magic. The human characters are less magical, but this has to be one of the few killer doll movies out there that at least makes some sense and works on the screen.

6. spasmolytic's rating of the film Child's Play

7. ceknklsn's rating of the film Child's Play

8. Isabella Heron's rating of the film Child's Play

"This little guy has quite the attitude" - Ian Dickman

9. Nolan Barth's rating of the film Child's Play

This is a fun little 80s horror film with a cool premise. This is by no means a masterpiece, but it is entertaining enough to hold your attention for 87 minutes. Chucky doesn't make it onto the Mount Rushmore of horror legends like Freddy Krueger or Michael Myers, but he is at least a honorable mention. Child's Play is not great, but it certainly isn't bad either.

10. Pedderrs's rating of the film Child's Play

It's always difficult when a film has to rely heavily on the performance of young child and unfortunately Alex Vincent can't help but frustrate with his wooden delivery here. Despite this, Catherine Hicks is fantastically convincing as the mother and Brad Dourif's voice is perfectly sinister for the character of Chucky. It's serviceable horror and will unsettle viewers, but Child's Play is only mildly entertaining.

11. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Child's Play

12. Nick Schwab's rating of the film Child's Play

The first Child's Play is much scarier than it's often credited for, at least, in the first half. As that half builds its psychological angle quite well-- as to whether Chucky is alive or not-- and it's properly suspenseful and developed. When the film switches into straight-forward slasher mode is when it loses its footing, unsure whether to play it serious or straight at the expense of its wise-cracking villain.

13. Jessica's rating of the film Child's Play

14. Sydney Burdick's rating of the film Child's Play

Gotta admit I love this series

15. Rocco's rating of the film Child's Play

Quite moronic but Andy and his mother are really quite extraordinary. I also respect Chucky because he was a scary AND hilarious from the start unlike other slashers who had to grow a funny bone as their respective series began to lose steam.

16. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Child's Play

17. JackButcher's rating of the film Child's Play

Easily the best of the series as a straight out horror, although it has a lot of shortcomings, the minimalist action from the doll (during the earlier parts of the film) does work very well.

18. Wasunan T's rating of the film Child's Play

19. Amandenberg's rating of the film Child's Play

Was terrified of Chucky until about age 13. Sometimes I still get nervous I'll close my eyes and when I am open them again, he will be there...

20. Log Lady's rating of the film Child's Play

For some reason I've always thought this to be extremely gory and dark horror, but perhaps my imagination had gotten the best of me. At times the story felt more like a supernatural detective story with a funny and ugly doll (would someone actually buy that?). At least the premise is handled well, but overall a pretty underwhelming flick whose cult status I'm still pondering.

21. Checkpoint Charlie's rating of the film Child's Play

22. Gylfi's rating of the film Child's Play

Saw this along with Poltergeist one late evening on German TV (dubbed in German) when I was a kid, staying at my grandparents place. It scared me stiff and I remember I slept very little that night. Seeing it again many years later, it is fun to notice just what scenes stood out in my mind for all this time. Not up there with Friday the 13th or Nightmare on Elm Street in terms of fun, but still has it's moments.

23. associal's rating of the film Child's Play

this is an awful awful AWFUL movie. it's dumb, it's unoriginal, it's unentertaining and i hate every minute of it. how could this thing be considered as a classic horror film?

24. LETTERBOXD.COM/XESCIE's rating of the film Child's Play