1. Aditya Watts's rating of the film Chinese Roulette

2. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film Chinese Roulette

3. mubianer's rating of the film Chinese Roulette

"Weekend trip to a mansion on the country side where family secrets and hypocracy will come out" is now an established film genre. Not one Fassbinder's best, far from, but this shows how versatile he was.

4. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Chinese Roulette

It's so bourgeois to get along with your partner's lover. Chaos appears in the form of a vengeful daughter. In this case I think it's the pity that the daughter gets that causes her to have extreme contempt for her parents. The problem with these games is that it's all fun until someone's feelings get hurt. Fassbinder is so weird with his plastic furniture framing devices. It's a whirlwind of a story.

5. FISCHER's rating of the film Chinese Roulette

Certains y verront une impitoyable satire sociale sur le mariage et le couple, d'autres une acerbe radiographie du handicap, moral et physique comme ciment du malaise et de la haine, dans tous les cas, une peinture décontractée et sarcastique de la nature humaine, de ses errements et de ses contradictions... www.cinefiches.com

6. Diego Ruscitto's rating of the film Chinese Roulette

7. EdieEmm's rating of the film Chinese Roulette

Two minutes in and we're already gleefully revelling in this family's baroque toxicity, and the hilariously-built-up undercurrent of tightly-coiled spite. Probably one of Fassbinder's funniest movies. And most stylish. And most strictly distanced, as well, which felt like a shame in the moment but of course (Brecht was smart) left me with more than usual to think about later. Also: Kraftwerk! Traunitz was perfect.

8. Joel's rating of the film Chinese Roulette

A difficult connection to a poison concoction. I certainly enjoyed the swinging camera, the framing and re-framing of shots. I enjoyed the fracturing of relationships and the dark humour. I think I just found my initial watch to be mostly confusion following the back and forth. Perhaps a rewatch is required, but I'm not in a hurry.

9. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Chinese Roulette

10. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Chinese Roulette

11. marinos@agxivatein.com's rating of the film Chinese Roulette

A dysfunctional, alienated family brought together into a ruthless collision of emotions, roles and sentimental gaps. Fassbinder zeros in on how personalities are shaped within a family. There are amazing moments in the film, yet there are also certain points where it did not really work out so well.

12. film_lies101's rating of the film Chinese Roulette

One of Fassbinder's most cutting commentaries, though honestly a bit outdated. The Kraftwerk scene alone warrants a viewing

13. Nancarrow's rating of the film Chinese Roulette

Wonderous in it's toxicity and complex staging! Must see 4 fans of the Fassbinder.

14. Tutu888's rating of the film Chinese Roulette

Another great ensemble movie by Fassbinder. Although the setting could easily be in a theatre the camerawork gives the film great atmosphere. With every film by Fassbinder I watch my admiration grows!

15. Erik F.'s rating of the film Chinese Roulette

So sinister and intense!

16. Michael Stephenson's rating of the film Chinese Roulette

A very off-beat film comparable to Buñuel. The final twenty minutes - in which the characters play the titular parlour game - are as compelling as anything you're likely to see.

17. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film Chinese Roulette

My favourite Fassbinder. Anna Karina gives the film compassion. Nice use of Kraftwerk on the soundtrack.

18. Jesse Furgurson's rating of the film Chinese Roulette

Around this point, the melodrama of Fassbinder's second period and the modernist opacity of his first seem to dovetail, here to mixed but intriguing effect.

19. Nina's rating of the film Chinese Roulette

A movie about people who have become comfortably numb.

20. Sudipto Basu's rating of the film Chinese Roulette

A little hard to get my head around the serpentine plot but who can resist the formal qualities? Space, movement, and reflection/refraction in every other frame.

21. Stevie's rating of the film Chinese Roulette

Riveting and electrifying. Fassbinder could create psychological horrors in his sleep. He probably did.

22. Rafael Zen's rating of the film Chinese Roulette

What a great aesthetic!!! i wanna get to know more about each character... fassbinder is so SO good.

23. Tiara's rating of the film Chinese Roulette

the sinister mansion and the camera works add to the eerieness of the film; chinese roulette. the camera does a vertical pan, going upwards and creates little pockets of suspense to this psychological drama. the much unsaid can be inferred from the eyes of the protagonists as this film creates an emotional cache which gets a final explosion in the end and the entire pent up feeling gets a vent with the gunshot.

24. shaun alleman's rating of the film Chinese Roulette

I expected this to be bleaker when I first heard of it. I just watched it though and would say actually its more cutting in tone for lack of a better word. Actually this is quite different to the usual Fassbinder fare which I enjoy and I'm glad I got to see this other side to his work. Roger below your post is actually brilliant- the film couldn't be summed up any better.