1. Fabio Souza's rating of the film Choking Man

Homeland-Breaking Bad crossover

2. luminous's rating of the film Choking Man

I felt Jorge's choking shyness every step of the way - its personification is so masterfully resolved. The whole atmosphere is authentic and the protagonist of this coming-of-age story has an ameliesque feeling about him.

3. captainfez's rating of the film Choking Man

A dreamlike exploration of why a) working in a diner sucks and b) how Aaron Paul seems to play dickheads, exclusively.

4. GuilhermeSteinhaus's rating of the film Choking Man

Definitely a movie for introverts. I love when a movie can describe the reality of the ordinary people and the city they live in. Poetic.

5. Leco's rating of the film Choking Man

Although the technical aspects are really good it sort of falls flat at some point. I recommend it, anyway.

6. db's rating of the film Choking Man

Beautifully filmed and put together. I loved both the use of interstitial animation and the exceptionally evocative and unusual music score. Won't spoil it for future viewers, but personally look forward to watching it again, without concerns for how things turn out in the end.

7. Sidereus's rating of the film Choking Man

The great decision: to kill or to save. I liked the movie. Someone here said there´s lack of depth in some caracteres. Maybe. But the virtues surpass the defects and make of this film a pleasant experience

8. ΞRIC B∆D TASTΞ's rating of the film Choking Man

"too shy shy... hush hush, eye to eye."

9. dagos@me.com's rating of the film Choking Man

The film lacks a little bit of hardness to become really good. The grit is there but it is softened by stop motion footage, which takes away its potential impact. There are beautiful moments there and maybe even for those moment it's worth watching.

10. Miggy Angel's rating of the film Choking Man

11. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Choking Man

As Peter Bradshaw (The Guardian) wrote, "Some US indie films are so torpid, so pointless and so incredibly whingey that you want to reach into the screen and slap the face of everyone involved. This film, by writer-director Steve Barron, is one such."

12. AURORA(s)'s rating of the film Choking Man

13. panagiotatos's rating of the film Choking Man

14. Thomas's rating of the film Choking Man

The relationsips between characters was interesting at first, but ultimately this film had nothing much to say. I also found the fantasy elements unnecessary and out of place.

15. raggiodisole's rating of the film Choking Man

There was a sort of textual wonder to this film in the first instance, and it eventually gave way to frustration as characters failed to connect and span in circles

16. Peter Jones's rating of the film Choking Man

A bit undecided on this film, I loved the location and the general 'feel' of the film, however the story and main character were both missing a bit of spark and depth. I think if the ending had given a bit more of a 'pay-off', I'd have rated higher but as it was, it was somewhat anticlimactic and I don't have a desire to watch again as I might with better films.

17. Benji's rating of the film Choking Man

I really enjoyed this film, and i liked Amy. But why was Aaron Paul in it? He stood out like a sore thumb, and was basically just playing himself. I'm guessing it was pre BB but still, he kinda ruined it for me.

18. Declan Cochran's rating of the film Choking Man

delightful little gem of magical realism from deep in the heart of NY. uniformly excellent acting, minimalistic screenplay composition, and by the end nothing REALLY has happened, except some people have made some moves towards something they weren't at the beginning of the film. loved the animated interludes. cared deeply about all involved, and one scene of surprising tension. completely dodges sentiment too.

19. ivCZan's rating of the film Choking Man

It got me in a mood I used to have when watching first art movies on black&white TV (no, I'm not that old, just used to be poor). Make it perfect and I would give it 5 stars. I loved the ideas, the story, only in some places it was a bit too unreal, like when the man choked and after he... no, I'm not gonna tell you. See for yourself. But don't be disappointed when you get to the end and there is none.

20. smnmrk's rating of the film Choking Man

The city is beautifully shot but the plot is a little on the mild side. Some lovely, understated performances.

21. Paul Relf's rating of the film Choking Man

Average. It's a nice little story but it didn't really make me feel much. Nothing wrong with it's separate parts but as a whole i found it a little underwhelming.

22. DrFirestone's rating of the film Choking Man

Interesting idea and very promising beginning... However, I feel like it's a character driven story, unfornately we don't learn a lot about the characters, it's difficult to feel for them, they are flat and hard to understand sometimes because of that, the main character rather creepy actually. People portrayed are stereotypical, for example the bully guy. The fantasy elements seem unexplored. Rather disappointing.

23. Sarah Pietsch's rating of the film Choking Man

3.5. really enjoyed it. Down at heel area, good characters, well shot, interesting animations too. what happens next? hmm...

24. DJSE's rating of the film Choking Man

Beautiful film. . . the direction is superb. . .the acting is brilliant and the characters are believable and well drawn . . . it reminded me of Cannery Row . . . we are invited into this little world which exists everywhere and nowhere.