1. Superfrog's rating of the film Chopper

Good enough lines but the film barely holds together as a story. The attempts at making this a bit more conceptual towards the end do not manage to save the whole.

2. LibertyCapz's rating of the film Chopper

The words "second rate Bronson" kept circling around in my mind while I was watching this, but it definitely didn't keep me from enjoying what I was seeing. It's a perfectly competent dark comedy that keeps you engaged pretty much the whole way through. Definitely worth a watch.

3. tinderness's rating of the film Chopper

Testosterongeschwängert, großmäulig, dumm, selbstbezogen, gewalttätig und unkontrolliert. Man mag diesen Zoo Humaine vielleicht mögen und sich dabei wohlig ängstigen. Dem Verbrechen und der Gewalt kommt man dabei nicht auf die Spur. Und lustig fand ich den Film in keinem Fall, eher ein wenig geschmacklos und voyeuristisch. Was hier mit Berufung auf eine Biographie aufgetischt wird, ist letzten Endes eine Farce.

4. blkrchs's rating of the film Chopper

5. OLIVER-J's rating of the film Chopper

finally got around to watching this but the quality on Netflix was definitely subpar. Bana was very good and as a fan of Dominik, it was an interesting watch.

6. smndvdcl's rating of the film Chopper

Notorious criminality actualized into a haunting mundane reality.

7. Kk Soft Boss's rating of the film Chopper

8. Egoisms's rating of the film Chopper

Supported by the charisma of the title character, and by Bana's performance, but not by much else.

9. kris's rating of the film Chopper

I don't know whether this was true to the guy Eric Bana was playing ? but i thought he was great in it. He was unpredictable, dangerous and very funny.

10. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Chopper

COGNAC : Grand Prix & Prix de la critique 2001

11. miles's rating of the film Chopper

Great film and look. tip* watch it again with the Mark Reid commentary!

12. Bilan's rating of the film Chopper

13. Hyperion_333's rating of the film Chopper

Loved watching this Aussie classic with Dutch subtitles.

14. Tlr Creme Org's rating of the film Chopper

What a ripper! I think Eric Bana should've stopped acting after this and gone back to being a comedian or salesman or anything else out of our sight.

15. Zac Weber's rating of the film Chopper

Eric Bana owns this role. His intensity and twisted charisma emanate through the screen. Chopper is an astonishing debut from director Andrew Dominik, and off the top of my head - one of the best Australian features I've ever seen.

16. Jason Av's rating of the film Chopper

This film proves once and for all if you have a decent script you don't need a high budget. 4/5

17. Federico Di Folco's rating of the film Chopper

Un discreto lavoro,volutamente scarno ed intriso di atmosfere cupe con colori opachi e monocromatici che tendono a contribuiscono a creare un clima di squallore e fastidio.Però lo sviluppo è molto farraginoso,si perde in inutili verbosità e i personaggi sono abbastanza patetici.Il doppiaggio poi è clamorosamente ridicolo. Qualche lato positivo,ma non decolla per niente.

18. Arf's rating of the film Chopper

19. Pierluigi Puccini's rating of the film Chopper

Eric Bana shines as a contemporary Alex DeLarge, less intelligent and more insecure, but with a similar joie de vivre and disproportionate ego. Brutal, darkly humorous and superbly acted.

20. Waxamillion's rating of the film Chopper

Chopper is a larger than life character. He has written so many different stories about his criminal life that you cant believe anything he says. Eric Bana nails Chopper's personality and humour. You love and hate the man. He scares you while making you laugh. This is Chopper. Beautifully shot and full of Australian-isms. Really puts you there in the criminal world of Australia back in the day.

21. PervertedActor's rating of the film Chopper

Very well directed, Dominik.

22. Yasmyn's rating of the film Chopper

oh.. oh dear. A little while in. It freaked me out the most when the prisoners were having horrific things done to them, and had no reaction at all! Something completely inhuman, unsettling and deeply deeply disturbing about this. Great, thank you Mr. Dominik.

23. Bibio Dragonfly's rating of the film Chopper

Frankly, I did not recognize Eric Bana at the beginning of this film. Big body, big head. But I saw his versatility as an actor. Good for him. Another good point for him to be back in shape!

24. Vincente Oristivar's rating of the film Chopper

Bana sets a mood which kept me engrossed .... not a particulary appealing subject but that`s where films long arms reach too ... unexpected and shocking ...