1. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Chott el-Djerid (A Portrait in Light and Heat)

2. Jason's rating of the film Chott el-Djerid (A Portrait in Light and Heat)

Viola's fata morgana piece is even better than Herzog's. Hard not to think of Cézanne. Though he is a painter, I often call Cézanne (as a painter) my favourite poet. Bill Viola is another one of my favourite poets. This one is a bit like a morphine drip.

3. TheCentralRuhr's rating of the film Chott el-Djerid (A Portrait in Light and Heat)

4. kartina obskura's rating of the film Chott el-Djerid (A Portrait in Light and Heat)

sticky sun makes misty eyes. like i'm on the plane and i'm not sure if i see the desert under me or snow or sea. like i'm floating on the water and i can't say in what direction i move (the word "floating" is free of any space-time determination). i think of thoughts and i remember memories, same vague and misty like eyes on the heat. everything dissolves in haze.

5. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Chott el-Djerid (A Portrait in Light and Heat)

En cámara fija se crea en plano general los retratos que tienen como fijación lo baldío, pero también lo activo. La presencia solitaria de elementos movibles de manera parsimoniosa o a direcciones fijas. Como incrementando esa sensación automatismo.