1. Levi Miah's rating of the film Christine

The most peaceful film about addiction ever made.

2. Jorge Sobral's rating of the film Christine

A chilling way of representing the brackets of a fixed existence. To walk with them is to be left alone with them with a promised interaction to come, in which a mindful moment shall come about. A true cinematographic sense of daily actions as they really become the defining movements.

3. Diego Carrera's rating of the film Christine

Christine and her week of emptiness.

4. Samuel T.'s rating of the film Christine

Clearly a prelude to Elephant, intently, steadily trotting along in front of and behind the protagonist (not unlike the Dardenne brothers but 10 years before, and the more I dip into Clarke, the more I realize his mastery), to witness non-plussed casual horse-injection, just like nonchalant murder. Grim for certain. Taking a dive into Clarke like Leigh years ago, full torque. British TV was wildly alarming. Cheers.

5. mubianer's rating of the film Christine

Great evening at the BFI, screening two of the best Clarke films, Christine and Road. Like with all great films I had to research the locations afterwards. I might have to take a trip to Keats Way in West Drayton now to pay my tribute, just like I did to Maryon Park in Charlton once (google it).

6. Miggy Angel's rating of the film Christine

i put this up on youtube years ago. yr welcome x

7. Jesse Furgurson's rating of the film Christine

Singlemindedness begets abstract complexity. Sort of like Jeanne Dielman, but with walking and heroin instead of potato-peeling and prostitution. (Also way, way shorter.)

8. Patlabor's rating of the film Christine

Alan Clarke in his most reductive mode, where causality becomes transgressive, this is essentially a “walking film” without an emphasis on plot but solely on character and place, as Clarke’s camera follows the titular character, Christine, walking from house to house, meeting and supplying her supposedly teenage friends and peers, heroin. Clarke creates a film though monotonous (by repetition) is masterful,

9. Mike Spence's rating of the film Christine

While not as essential as Mike Leigh at the BBC, these films need to be remastered and preserved.

10. Aflwydd's rating of the film Christine

Unlike stylised junk like Trainspotting and Requiem for a Dream, this work manages to effectively convey the detachment and aimlessness of a life overtaken by heroin. While the critics would rather heap praise on tricksters like Danny Boyle, the smarter viewers understand that Clarke was one of the most radical and brave directors Britain has ever produced. His work deserves a lot more attention from my compatriots.

11. eharadon's rating of the film Christine

I think I thought this was a documentary when I saw it.

12. Publius's rating of the film Christine

Managed to track this down. Well worth doing. Disturbing, incredible filmmaking.

13. Elric's rating of the film Christine

Incredibly focused film-making. It's a shame it is so hard to track down because these shorter features of Clarke's are amongst his best work. Someday he will get the real recognition he deserves.