1. Histioteuthis's rating of the film Christmas Holiday

I haven't seen this in forever, I remember feeling like the beginning esp. Durbin in the church was great and maybe parts of the flashback dragging a little, but I liked it a lot

2. Diego Carrera's rating of the film Christmas Holiday

I loved the slow-paced direction. Actually I am surprised to see how Deanna could be such a fine actress playing a dramatic part.

3. Ingrid Bergman's rating of the film Christmas Holiday

I was intrigued to see Gene Kelly playing against type here in this interesting if predictable noir.

4. Pulpwino's rating of the film Christmas Holiday

Robert's trousers!.......Durbin doesn't quite possess the depth or maturity to tackle this role; Gene Kelly appears as if he's just waiting to dance. Directorally, I don't think Siodmak had hit his Hollywood stride just yet. His subequent films showed a lot more creative flash and stylistic flair that made them exciting to watch. Of course, he had better casts to work with..worth a viewing if you're a noir junkie.

5. MarcH's rating of the film Christmas Holiday

Two otherwise lighthearted stars...Kelly and Durbin...in the screen's most depressing noir. Both are excellent, though the movie has a sleepwalking pace. There is no other film quite like it, and I can think of none that ever conveyed how dour the holiday times were in WWII America.

6. Dave's rating of the film Christmas Holiday

Interesting to see Gene Kelly take a turn as a villain. Above average noir - not great, but definitely worth seeking out or catching the next time TCM plays it.

7. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Christmas Holiday

Based on Somerset Maugham novel. Gene Kelly as the bad guy, a superb photography, a screenplay written by Herman J. Mankiewicz. Interesting and above average Film Noir. Highly recommended.