1. paul_quixote's rating of the film Christmas Vacation

As a critique of American masculine delusion, cuts closer to bone than the more sympathetic "Brad's Status". Chase brings a lot of psychotic energy. The casting... very plain people... is also a plus. More retrograde stuff: Poor people are disgusting, Ideal social structure=Benevolent Boss, Disdainful portrayal of the bougie DINKs next door vs. severely fucked but ultimately 'morally correct' nuclear family... blech.

2. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film Christmas Vacation

My family always watches this every year on Thanksgiving in preparation for Christmas, and also because of my stepmother's family.

3. madtobesaved's rating of the film Christmas Vacation

4. Andre Flickatina's rating of the film Christmas Vacation

happiest christmas since bing crosby tap-danced with danny fucking kaye

5. Ethan's rating of the film Christmas Vacation

Other than Bad Santa this is my ultimate Christmas movie. It's more realistic of this time of the season.

6. lisa's rating of the film Christmas Vacation

brainless dickless hopeless heartless

7. Scott Lucas's rating of the film Christmas Vacation

Easily the worst of the "Vacation" movies, but Randy Quaid does his best to liven up the joint.

8. filmcapsule's rating of the film Christmas Vacation

A hokey and strained comedy would be 1 thing, but this has a genuinely vile message. Clark is constantly bemoaning his family's upper-middle class lot in life; he actually seems to think he's poor. Instead of Clark learning that he should be content without a new pool, the film's actual message is that he's been wronged by his boss and actually should have the money to pay for it. How's that for a Christmas message?

9. msmichel's rating of the film Christmas Vacation

Didn't really enjoy this one on release in '89 and re-seeing now for the first time with my own child disliked it even more. The misses certainly outweigh the hits laughwise in this entry. So many genuinely funny people under-used. One question: if one was married to Beverly D'Angelo why in the world would his eye wander? Just saying. A few good seasonal laughs but a holiday staple..I think not.

10. J. O.'s rating of the film Christmas Vacation

A classic Christmas comedy that successfully mixes slapstick absurdity with the sometimes disastrous nature of family gatherings. Add a dash of Christmas spirit and a bug-eyed hillbilly cousin and there you have it. Frankly, if you're not aware of this film there's no point explaining it. It's a nostalgic one, for sure.

11. Polyglot's rating of the film Christmas Vacation

''Hallelujah! Holly shit! Where's the Tylenol?''

12. This is Jake Kath's rating of the film Christmas Vacation

A favorite from my childhood that seems funnier now that I'm older. I love christmas, broad comedy, and Chevy Chase. So, basically it was a full body orgasm!

13. Harry Rossi's rating of the film Christmas Vacation

Absolutely fun and charming on every level. Just saw this for the first time (why it took me this long I don't know), but it's definitely one of the better x-mas movies I've ever seen. Just pure fun and Chevy Chase is wonderful.

14. ΞRIC B∆D TASTΞ's rating of the film Christmas Vacation

every year around fucking x-mas again, again & again... movies like that make to endure this time pretty nice - just great..!

15. A47's rating of the film Christmas Vacation

One of my guilty pleasures. Chase is hilarious in this. The writing is great. The editing sucks. Watch it at least twice a year...

16. Thresk's rating of the film Christmas Vacation

The greatest thing Chevy Chase, Beverly D'Angelo, Juliette Lewi- hell, the greatest thing every single member of the cast have been in. Perennial and immortal comedy and holiday film. ★★★★★

17. chad bentley's rating of the film Christmas Vacation

Me too Renee! :D Drew, you're right...I can't hide it any longer...I can't be afraid anymore... I love this movie!! There. I said it. I LOVE CHRISTMAS VACATION!!!

18. Renee Hirshfield's rating of the film Christmas Vacation

I do, I do admit I like CHRISTMAS VACATION!