1. Ricardo Oliveira's rating of the film Christopher and His Kind

2. hexhunk's rating of the film Christopher and His Kind

Going to incite wrath and say I think Smith was miscast as Isherwood's stand-in.

3. Evan Schafer's rating of the film Christopher and His Kind

I supremely appreciate the love and care that clearly went into the making of this film, albeit a TV movie for the BBC (it translates as a regular film for us Americans). But the story solidly tells of the homosexual world in the early 1930s and how it affected a sensitive English author and the love of his life, Heinz, who was German. It is a historically accurate period piece but also a vibrant love story. See it.

4. Oliver Shykles's rating of the film Christopher and His Kind

A potentially good film ruined by ludicrous acting (Matt Smith and Imogen Poots).

5. Sarah J.B.'s rating of the film Christopher and His Kind

The foundation is certainly ideal, considering the cast and a grand budget from BBC. While there is some mesmerizing imagery, the film became less of a biography of Isherwood and more so about Nazis, Jean Ross, and some uninteresting failed loves. None of these sub-narratives find real conclusions, so there is some left to be desired. Still, many will be satisfied just seeing Smith act well outside of DW.

6. liesbet vanessche's rating of the film Christopher and His Kind

A great movie, the combination of gay history and nationalistic history is really confronting, but I liked it. I love Lindsay Duncan and her role, she was great. Matt Smith does a good job, but I can't help but see the Doctor every time he's happy. I liked him better in Womb.

7. fleur de chair's rating of the film Christopher and His Kind

A very decent tribute to Isherwood and his work. And anyway... Matt Smith shagging pretty boys in '30s Berlin? YES PLEASE.