1. DSPRKY's rating of the film Chronos

Similar in scope to Reggio's work, but perhaps more hopeful about the future of humanity.

2. Bernardo Crastes's rating of the film Chronos

Given the title, I was expecting a more meditative musing on the passing of time. It's more similar to Koyaanisqatsi than Baraka, but it does seem like a gateway between both, so I'm glad it exists. The soundtrack is fantastically daring, especially on that dizzying fast forward scene.

3. Johnny Seeker's rating of the film Chronos

Good, perhaps a bit eurocentric!

4. RodrigoPereira's rating of the film Chronos

5. sacajawèale's rating of the film Chronos

Some scenes are outrageusly and disappointingly copy and pasted from Koyaanisqatsi (we can say its Ron Fricke remake of the oeuvre). Actually some shots stand above the originals in both documentaristic and lyrical point of view, but there's so little time and intents differences beetween the two movies.

6. IFlovv's rating of the film Chronos

The "message" here is an attempt to make the spectator aware of the scale of time and its unstoppable pace, along with the fragility and futility of advanced societies if left ungoverned. It's a difficult challenge to make such a movie in terms of techniques it requires and storyline you may actually tell. On this level he has managed to weave it all perfectly well.

7. Elayla's rating of the film Chronos

I think I would have preferred a different musical background, though.

8. Shōten's rating of the film Chronos

this kind of films is always a great inspiration (for me)

9. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film Chronos

Una celebración de los grandes hitos de la civilización occidental, desde sus orígenes hasta la contemporaneidad, rodada de forma magistral; utilizando el time-lapse en todas sus posilbilidades expresivas. La música de Michael Stearns también contribuye a hacer de Chronos una experiencia alucinante.

10. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Chronos

Primera película filmada en fotografía con intervalos prefijados. Ron Fricke, luego de ser director de fotografía de Godfrey Reggio (Koyaanisqatsi, 1982) hace su versión en mediometraje.

11. Mayra's rating of the film Chronos

One of the most gorgeous collection of images I've seen a film captures, especially considering the date it came out.

12. codyhunter's rating of the film Chronos

13. Endless Eye's rating of the film Chronos

When you consider the fact that this film came out in 1985, I'd say it stands up quite well.

14. Kommienesuzpadt's rating of the film Chronos

I'd just like to point out that Ron Fricke was the Director of Photography for Koyaanisqatsi, so while Chronos may not be as fully realized as that film, it is still visually stunning, a wonder to behold (at least, the blu-ray version is). It's still great to watch on its own, but it's mostly interesting as a precursor to Baraka, which is an absolute masterpiece on every level and far superior to Koyaanisqatsi.