1. FISCHER's rating of the film Chung Kuo China

>>> Avec de nombreuses séquences tournées discrètement en catimini, à l'insu de leur "guide" attitré les accompagnant durant un tournage qui a duré vingt-deux jours, Michelangelo Antonioni et son équipe parviennent à dresser, un peu contre leur gré et leurs intentions, un portrait à la fois fascinant et angélique d'une Chine aux portes de la modernité. www.cinefiches.com

2. Marko's rating of the film Chung Kuo China

I had a rare opportunity to see it on reels on a movie festival round 10 years ago. Beautiful movie presenting China's culture, traditions and ordinary people daily life in early 70's. Cold and objective but not less colorful or sensual. Some long shots and close-ups as the opening (?) birth scene or people practicing Tai Chi at the dawn on the streets will probably stay forever with me.

3. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Chung Kuo China

4. diamondwithnoshine's rating of the film Chung Kuo China

Antonioni acknowledges a particular perspective and makes no claim of historical or intellectual acknowledge or sight. It is something that can naturally feel. His most honest work, and underapreciated.

5. Landen Celano's rating of the film Chung Kuo China

It's arbitrary, I realize, to compare, but I instinctively wanted something more akin to Malle's Phantom India – that is to say, images without the additional commentary. Still, an impressive project.

6. Stevie's rating of the film Chung Kuo China

I had to split this into two watches but it remained very interesting and informative.

7. DADA WEATHERMAN's rating of the film Chung Kuo China

8. Joks's rating of the film Chung Kuo China

Finally getting a dvd release through Mr.Bongo in March 2012

9. Kalvin Henely's rating of the film Chung Kuo China

i'm already a fan of this without even having seen it.

10. Jugend21's rating of the film Chung Kuo China

This was really something! Wish Antonioni had made more documentaries, his style is perfect for them.

11. KAT HUNT's rating of the film Chung Kuo China

i got my copy from a bootleg peddler in beijing. it is as good as you imagine. the caesarean section scene is stunning.