1. angeldromero's rating of the film Chungking Express

Master work by Wong Kar-Wai. Exploring solitude, the overcoming of a heartbreak and most importantly the passing of time. The healing qualities of time and the very destructive qualities of time as well. This is an essential watch.

2. Andrew Lang's rating of the film Chungking Express

Such freedom and style. Such a voice.

3. Connor S.'s rating of the film Chungking Express

loneliness in the city is what this movie is. switching stories from a cast of characters trying to find love in the giant city of Hong Kong. you become invested in these characters quite early and by the end of the movie you are stunned by the way they have progresses through their quest for love.

4. Naoya Kugimiya's rating of the film Chungking Express

5. Aaron C Jones's rating of the film Chungking Express

An absolute must-see for anyone who loves film. Beautiful, quirky, sweet. Flashes of Godard, but uniquely Wong Kar-Wai. Kar-Wai's films make me swoon like few others'.

6. Josh's rating of the film Chungking Express

Wong Kar Wai approximates the feeling of unrequited love better than any other filmmaker, full stop.

7. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Chungking Express

8. whimsicalmelancholy's rating of the film Chungking Express

Sangat puitis, dari segi bahasa dan segi visualnya. Saya langsung jatuh cinta dari menit pertama film ini. A true masterpiece that can keep me smiling from the beginning until the end. My favourite.

9. rainy's rating of the film Chungking Express

10. ginobartolomi's rating of the film Chungking Express

It's shot beautifully, a great indicator of the style that would come to be WKW's signature. I was only mildly entertained, though. 90% of the dialogue is cringe-worthy, its attempts to be cute are clunky and floppy. I'm utterly confused by the buzz around this film...and quite confused by the film itself; it's nonsensical and relies far too heavily on its aesthetic to carry the weight of everything else.

11. Rice Dream Girl's rating of the film Chungking Express

A bullet to the heart. I might give up on cinema and just watch this over and over... All the leaves are brown...

12. tri ...'s rating of the film Chungking Express

13. LibertyCapz's rating of the film Chungking Express

A undeniably 90s, gritty Chinese romance. The film is separated into two parallel stories of policemen who both struggle with their love lives. The two segments are presented differently when it comes to genres. The first story is more of a gritty noir-style story, whilst the second part is more of a romantic comedy. Definitely an breath of fresh air (even though it's older than me) when it comes to structure.

14. gaussian's rating of the film Chungking Express

15. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Chungking Express

16. De La Ghetto's rating of the film Chungking Express

The first time I saw this movie I didn't like it. I don't think I was ready for it. I think Roger Ebert once said this is a movie for film buffs. You have to know something about film to enjoy it. At the time, I guess I had to get my knowledge up. Revisited it some years later and I fell in love. Wholeheartedly. It's in my heart yo. A part of my heart, my self image, my identity. A little movie. But a profound one.

17. wiwitaek's rating of the film Chungking Express

Why did I just watch this like literally a minute ago? It's so good and I love it!

18. Maoolina Fajrini's rating of the film Chungking Express

never expected that I would fall in love with this film

19. Mariana Narciso's rating of the film Chungking Express

20. case/y's rating of the film Chungking Express

21. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film Chungking Express

Two isolated stories that speak stylishly about love, loss, and loneliness in an atmosphere so prone to loneliness. Brilliant. No one can imitate Wong Kar-Wai or Christopher Doyle in the way they present a story.

22. F/K's rating of the film Chungking Express

Some of the most vivid and evocative images paired with very sweet stories

23. Fabiha's rating of the film Chungking Express

"Actually, really knowing someone doesn't mean anything. People change. A person may like pineapple today and something else tomorrow."

24. Neide Ramos's rating of the film Chungking Express

Gets me every time. The colors, the camera work, the unexpected acts of kindness, the love and shitty days we go through by ourselves. Brief encounters and unexpected interactions leave you with the bittersweet feeling that you're not far at all from their reality, their lack of hope so big that one doesn't even notice the changes the apartment suffered after being broken in on a daily basis.