1. Kamran's rating of the film Cinderella Man

As usual, Ron Howard lets his film breathe but in doing so he risks dragging the narrative with redundant plot points--surely done in pursuit of a Lean-esque epic. Brilliant editing and fight choreography in addition to Crowe's grand performance help steady his landing, turning the film out as a success though not the epic masterpiece it purports to be. 78/100 - Very Good. (3.5)

2. Gustavo Razera's rating of the film Cinderella Man

One of those glossy, corny, predictable, "inspirational", oh-so-tasteful, prestige Oscar-baiting biopics that end up moving one's heart anyway. Being able to pull emotional strings doesn't make them artistically worthier, but it makes them efficient. Giamatti steals the show - what a lively performance!

3. Maria Claudia's rating of the film Cinderella Man

4. mpho3's rating of the film Cinderella Man

It's not amazing cinema, but it is a well made film.

5. Junda Mane's rating of the film Cinderella Man

Excellent film, classically made by Howard with Crowe in probably my favourite performance of his.

6. Edu Alves's rating of the film Cinderella Man

Wow... great perfomance by Russel Crowe!! He made me feel nervous each time he had a fight. Besides, it's fantastic how he gives everything to the role, physically and emotionally, reminds me the "Gladiator". However, Max Baer wasn't a evil person, how it's portrayed in the movie... I hope he hasn't been angry. x)

7. Tigrão's rating of the film Cinderella Man

It may be working with the classic underdog comeback structure, Ron Howard possesses a great sense of entertainment and an incredible eye to bring emotions on screen. Great acting by Giamatti and Zellweger. Crowe is good as usual. Really good film.

8. SeanMichael's rating of the film Cinderella Man

A good popcorn movie by Ron Howard

9. Rafael Feitosa's rating of the film Cinderella Man

an american-dream melodrama that don't captive the spectator. Paul Giamatti is only which performance escapes unscathed here

10. Westley's rating of the film Cinderella Man

I know, I know, it's a benign Ron Howard oscar-bait movie. It's certainly watchable though. If you're in the mood for some easily-digestible entertainment you could do a lot worse.

11. Steve's rating of the film Cinderella Man

This is one film that honestly did keep me on the edge of my seat. Excellent

12. Cbarky99's rating of the film Cinderella Man

Not quite the sum of its parts---the attention to period detail is effective, and all the actors give conviction to their parts, especially Crowe. However, the film moves in stops and starts, and I have mixed feelings about a movie where people overcome the depression because somebody punched another man in the face.