1. Gülce AYTAN's rating of the film Circumstance

shame on you Maryam Keshavarz.

2. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Circumstance

A story of Iranian life, and how a few young adults deal with external and internal turbulence (the climate of censure and control, their own sexuality), Circumstance is a worthy film that tries hard to move gracefully between light and dark moments. It's a shame that some aspects don't prove to be entirely satisfying, cinematically, but this is still a solid viewing experience.

3. Superfrog's rating of the film Circumstance

Except for a couple of brilliant scenes, entirely failed to pull me in. Felt needlessly exploitative in parts.

4. Babak Jani's rating of the film Circumstance

Even though the content is one to discuss and elaborate, however as a film it is poorly executed! I understand the limitations of course, but it doesn't mean to not paying attention to the cinematic techniques and storytelling because you have got a good story.

5. Ordet Ordet's rating of the film Circumstance

Absolutely nonsense. Inaccurate ,not even one accurate line in the script . totally stereotype directed by an Iranian name that helps it to be acceptable. Made me sick like the STONING OF SORAYA M.

6. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Circumstance

7. epiglot's rating of the film Circumstance

Hated the ending but it's a good movie overall

8. amysimpson's rating of the film Circumstance

I liked it a lot, but there are certainly issues with it. I felt like the subplot of the brother detracted from the girls' relationship and made it slightly confusing as to what the real issue was. Also felt super unsatisfied with the ending but apart from those things, I really enjoyed it. Beautiful and emotional and really nice soundtrack.

9. Adam Cross's rating of the film Circumstance

Just like the recklessness and juvenility of the lead characters this film feels rushed, unfinished and immature. The characters are all interesting and have their own individuality and their own stories to tell but none are fully realised or even developed all that well. And that makes total sense given this is Keshavarz's first feature, but I look forward to seeing what she has to offer in the future

10. Shahad's rating of the film Circumstance

I don't know how i feel about the morbid ending

11. Mahda Purmahdi's rating of the film Circumstance

12. Tida Wilson's rating of the film Circumstance

I find it a little bit dull, yes, although the idea of forbidden love and liberation is always intriguing. Especially when it involves two beautiful young women, in an oppressive Iranian society; where a proposition experimentation with the taboos, could lead to dangerous consequences. Enjoyed it, but not very much.

13. Lee Bullitt's rating of the film Circumstance

dear god I want to see this so bad

14. Scotch's rating of the film Circumstance

I'm interested in the film as an examination of the cycles of oppression and power within personal lives, but really just didn't like the ending.

15. [SNAPY]'s rating of the film Circumstance

the idea of this move is something i always find interesting to watch; but i dont know, something was missing in this one.

16. Mark Garrett's rating of the film Circumstance

One of the major things we take for granted in films (like continuity) is so ineptly handled here it's shocking. Also, for the subject it's covering, it's pretty damn weak.

17. M****'s rating of the film Circumstance

18. RENO NISMARA.'s rating of the film Circumstance

19. Ouibonjour's rating of the film Circumstance

20. Noslen's rating of the film Circumstance

Resplandecente construção e saturada com um sumptuoso senso de estilo e sensualidade. A narrativa está muito bem construída, fazendo com que o plot seja incerto na descodificação. Aprendemos de um ponto de vista uma realidade que envolve lesbianismo e fanatismo, num país onde a fé é levada à letra. Foi uma surpresa agradável.

21. Pouya G. Asadi's rating of the film Circumstance

Can't wait to see this in a week

22. Brandon Isaacson's rating of the film Circumstance

I LOVED this. It definitely has a bunch of problems, but when it works it WORKS. Some of the most powerful stunning images I've seen this year.

23. Noah's rating of the film Circumstance

Halfway through Circumstance I found myself thinking that the film was very blunt in its depiction of the difficulties of being gay in Iran. There wasn't the subtly of the Western world's more sensitive tales of homosexuality oppressed. At first it bothered me, but Iran is a blunt tool of fundamentalism fueled hatred. Bluntness is the norm, and this film portrays it beautifully.