1. letters never sent's rating of the film Citizenfour

2. João Abreu's rating of the film Citizenfour

Binding historical documentation piece.

3. Luka's rating of the film Citizenfour

That moment when Snowden walks to the window and gazes at the outside world from his hotel room - the sounds of children playing in the school nearby - in that moment you can see the fate of the rest of his life sinks in, his sacrifice. Phenomenal.

4. Sara Sousa's rating of the film Citizenfour

5. petit astronaute's rating of the film Citizenfour

6. ShawnD's rating of the film Citizenfour

Though it's fascinating to go behind-the-scenes of how Snowden released the documents to the world, Citizenfour is not an example of great moviemaking. But as an act of journalism, it is invaluable.

7. Babak Geranfar's rating of the film Citizenfour

8. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Citizenfour

Laura Poitras is not Frank Capra and Edward Snowden is not a heroic figure à la James Stewart. We have already forgotten what he revealed because, after all, nobody cares.

9. Sara Gaspar's rating of the film Citizenfour

10. Kamran's rating of the film Citizenfour

A terse procedural doc commendable for transparency & devotion to subject, though its urgency reveals formal haphazardry 79/100 - Very Good. (3.5)

11. DenoResandono's rating of the film Citizenfour

That fire alarm in the hotel scene...

12. Augusta Le's rating of the film Citizenfour

13. Chichago_'s rating of the film Citizenfour

If only they filmed this in a more interesting way, I would probably give another star.

14. Daniela's rating of the film Citizenfour

hi to all the nsa people reading my mubi reviews

15. Kk Soft Boss's rating of the film Citizenfour

16. James Mackin's rating of the film Citizenfour

I don't know how I feel about Edward Snowden. But this was a relatively interesting documentary.

17. TZUHSIEN TANG's rating of the film Citizenfour

18. muh.'s rating of the film Citizenfour

19. jooley's rating of the film Citizenfour

Straight forward, but the current relevance and magnitude of the investigation is enough in itself to remind that this is an issue people should not relegate to the butts of jokes, or sweep under the "I have nothing to hide ergo this does not concern me" rug.

20. cinegeek.de's rating of the film Citizenfour

Laura Poitras hat Edward Snowden während der Tage seiner Enthüllungen in Hong Kong gefilmt. Geschichte wird geschrieben - aus nächster Nähe. Snowden hatte über den Codenamen Citizenfour Kontakt mit der Filmemacherin aufgenommen... mehr auf cinegeek.de

21. Aaken's rating of the film Citizenfour

If there is a hero in our modern time, Snowden certainly is one. This compelling and well crafted documentary is a must see for everyone.

22. Kelley Dong's rating of the film Citizenfour

i liked that it was a very sparse film with very minimal style, which in my opinion gave it a sense of seriousness/graveness that didn't come off as pretentious.

23. bartkl's rating of the film Citizenfour

Snowden's revelations concerning citizen privacy may start to become common knowledge by now, but actually seeing the process of his emergence documentend in this film adds an entire new dimension to the story. His just personality, the strategy of not releasing all information at once but passing it on gradually through journalists, the media response and the effect on his personal life... It's just really amazing.

24. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film Citizenfour

Laura Poitras called this the most dangerous film she's ever made. The reward was certainly worth the risk. Whether you look at Edward Snowden's actions as heroic or treasonous, it's an eye-opening account on what the "right to privacy" actually entails (or doesn't). It's a must watch.