1. letters never sent's rating of the film Citizenfour

2. João Abreu's rating of the film Citizenfour

Binding historical documentation piece.

3. Luka's rating of the film Citizenfour

That moment when Snowden walks to the window and gazes at the outside world from his hotel room - the sounds of children playing in the school nearby - in that moment you can see the fate of the rest of his life sinks in, his sacrifice. Phenomenal.

4. Sara Sousa's rating of the film Citizenfour

5. petit astronaute's rating of the film Citizenfour

6. katsuda's rating of the film Citizenfour

I think the documentary feels a bit lacking in terms of deeper analysis but that's mostly due to the subject matter and the way in which it was made during the events themselves. I understand its worth as a document of history but it's just not one of my personal favourites. Better than Oliver Stone's Snowden though.

7. ShawnD's rating of the film Citizenfour

Though it's fascinating to go behind-the-scenes of how Snowden released the documents to the world, Citizenfour is not an example of great moviemaking. But as an act of journalism, it is invaluable.

8. Babak Geranfar's rating of the film Citizenfour

9. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Citizenfour

Laura Poitras is not Frank Capra and Edward Snowden is not a heroic figure à la James Stewart. We have already forgotten what he revealed because, after all, nobody cares.

10. Sara Gaspar's rating of the film Citizenfour

11. Kamran's rating of the film Citizenfour

A terse procedural doc commendable for transparency & devotion to subject, though its urgency reveals formal haphazardry 79/100 - Very Good. (3.5)

12. njgmovies's rating of the film Citizenfour

13. DenoResandono's rating of the film Citizenfour

That fire alarm in the hotel scene...

14. Augusta Le's rating of the film Citizenfour

15. Chichago_'s rating of the film Citizenfour

If only they filmed this in a more interesting way, I would probably give another star.

16. Daniela's rating of the film Citizenfour

hi to all the nsa people reading my mubi reviews

17. Kk Soft Boss's rating of the film Citizenfour

18. James Mackin's rating of the film Citizenfour

I don't know how I feel about Edward Snowden. But this was a relatively interesting documentary.

19. TZUHSIEN TANG's rating of the film Citizenfour

20. muh.'s rating of the film Citizenfour

21. jooley's rating of the film Citizenfour

Straight forward, but the current relevance and magnitude of the investigation is enough in itself to remind that this is an issue people should not relegate to the butts of jokes, or sweep under the "I have nothing to hide ergo this does not concern me" rug.

22. cinegeek.de's rating of the film Citizenfour

Laura Poitras hat Edward Snowden während der Tage seiner Enthüllungen in Hong Kong gefilmt. Geschichte wird geschrieben - aus nächster Nähe. Snowden hatte über den Codenamen Citizenfour Kontakt mit der Filmemacherin aufgenommen... mehr auf cinegeek.de

23. Aaken's rating of the film Citizenfour

If there is a hero in our modern time, Snowden certainly is one. This compelling and well crafted documentary is a must see for everyone.

24. Kelley Dong's rating of the film Citizenfour

i liked that it was a very sparse film with very minimal style, which in my opinion gave it a sense of seriousness/graveness that didn't come off as pretentious.