1. Inconnue's rating of the film City Lights

2. MS1915's rating of the film City Lights

3. Ananta Vania Iswardhani's rating of the film City Lights

4. Ethan's rating of the film City Lights

Quite possibly Chaplin's greatest film. This film will make you feel all emotions, once you stop laughing it will bring tears to your eyes. Chaplin really knew how to touch people with comedy.

5. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film City Lights

A lot of reviewers on here seem to be addressing this film with the caveat that this film is great, but not necessarily as great as 'Modern Times' or 'The Great Dictator'. And I think that's an agreeable sentiment for the fact that Chaplin doesn't mine this setup for meaning as much as he's done others. It's still really tight and funny, and the ending is emotionally fulfilling, but its armor is chinked.

6. FISCHER's rating of the film City Lights

Ni plus ni moins qu'un monument de l'histoire du cinéma qu'on ne se lasse jamais de voir ou de revoir. Une oeuvre incontournable qui place Charlie Chaplin, pour ce film et aussi pour quelques autres, dans le gotha des réalisateurs... www.cinefiches.com

7. MistaRichard's rating of the film City Lights

Crucify me, but I'm not a big fan of Chaplin's work. HOWEVER, to me, this stands out as his best film: it's well choreographed, it has a really endearing finale and the visual comedy is phenomenal.

8. HicBitmeyenAkbil's rating of the film City Lights

i think its best Charlie Chaplin movie.. i love great dictator but thats my favourite. Rest in peace funny man.

9. Bara Badjarad's rating of the film City Lights

Perkenalan pertama saya pada sosok Charlie Chaplin. Lucu dan menyentuh

10. ermete polpette's rating of the film City Lights

11. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film City Lights

Apart from the boxing sequence this is quite unfunny. Very poor slapstick elements, very much predictable, weak story & bad performing supporting cast. Because of these things the movie quickly gets boring. Sure, Chaplin is special, but not here. Disappointing.

12. AALC's rating of the film City Lights

That's the great example how 'usual' can become 'genial'. It was so natural and so pure, but the best thing is that it will never get old. This film is timeless!

13. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film City Lights

7.5-8/10 ma mi sento molto stronzo

14. Diogo Monteiro's rating of the film City Lights

I've watched this film with my family and I realised something. I realized that cinema can bring people together. It can make you forget about everything. It's surreal.

15. Felix Millan's rating of the film City Lights

Absolutely delightful little film all about electricity and how it powers city lights. I would've never guessed how that process worked! My father worked in public utilities for years and always said this movie best captured what his job was like(he wasn't much of a talker either!). Who knew rigging all those power lines could be so comical!?

16. ian234561's rating of the film City Lights

17. Shane's rating of the film City Lights

Probably Chaplin's best movie. Usually slapstick and genius don't go together, but with a Chaplin movie they just do.

18. diamondwithnoshine's rating of the film City Lights

This is my favorite Chaplin film, but I don't want that to diminish his other work, either. MODERN TIMES was an outstanding work of social satire, THE GOLD RUSH was great slapstick, and even the largely-neglected MONSIEUR VERDOUX strikes a certain unforgettable tone. Chaplin didn't make a bad movie, and I'm not even sure that CL is his best, exactly. But it IS my favorite, if only for the ending.

19. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film City Lights

20. ceknklsn's rating of the film City Lights

21. James Mackin's rating of the film City Lights

Probably Chaplin's best silent film. The last shot is an emotional cunt punt.

22. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film City Lights

As an introduction to Chaplin's feature length work as the little tramp, I really couldn't ask for much more. I'm not sure I can think of another filmmaker who can, for me, get away with the absolutely and obvious manipulation of the audience’s emotions. Somehow, it works for him, and it works very, very well. Maybe the single sweetest movie I've ever seen, with an ending so heartwarming it had me smiling.

23. Brendan's rating of the film City Lights

Gestures, spaces, figures, light, sounds! An ecstatic series of inventions and reinventions.

24. Drew Weaver's rating of the film City Lights

The ending scene is one of my favorite romantic moments of all time.