1. Vince Wynne's rating of the film City Lights

2. G. Thomas Esmay's rating of the film City Lights

The last film I watched in 2017. A charming way to close the year. Chaplin's film zips along, buoyed by its humor and strong use of dramatic irony. Even the intertitles are used to great comic effect.

3. SpacePirate's rating of the film City Lights

Just beautiful and expertly crafted silent comedy. Every nuance perfected. Many classic moments, from the attempted drowning scene, drunken ballroom scene, boxing match,... Im not one to fawn over Chaplin much, but one can't argue this is his masterpiece, just slightly better than Gold Rush. The end imo was weak compared to the rest, but I can overlook it. Makes the rest of the film seem that much more perfect.

4. Skinnedteen's rating of the film City Lights

One of the most influential film in cinematic history. Effortlessly interweaving slapstick and sentiment while documenting the essence of it's time. It's humour is timeless and something that everyone, upper, middle or lower class can enjoy!

5. abunchoffilms's rating of the film City Lights

One of the first films to find the perfect blend of humor, melodrama, and cinema. Chaplin was one of the true visual masters. It also contains one of the greatest endings in film history.

6. Ben Nash's rating of the film City Lights

There's a very good reason why Chaplin is remembered so fondly.

7. Inconnue's rating of the film City Lights

8. MS1915's rating of the film City Lights

9. Ananta Vania Iswardhani's rating of the film City Lights

10. Ethan's rating of the film City Lights

Quite possibly Chaplin's greatest film. This film will make you feel all emotions, once you stop laughing it will bring tears to your eyes. Chaplin really knew how to touch people with comedy.

11. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film City Lights

A lot of reviewers on here seem to be addressing this film with the caveat that this film is great, but not necessarily as great as 'Modern Times' or 'The Great Dictator'. And I think that's an agreeable sentiment for the fact that Chaplin doesn't mine this setup for meaning as much as he's done others. It's still really tight and funny, and the ending is emotionally fulfilling, but its armor is chinked.

12. FISCHER's rating of the film City Lights

Ni plus ni moins qu'un monument de l'histoire du cinéma qu'on ne se lasse jamais de voir ou de revoir. Une oeuvre incontournable qui place Charlie Chaplin, pour ce film et aussi pour quelques autres, dans le gotha des réalisateurs... www.cinefiches.com

13. MistaRichard's rating of the film City Lights

Crucify me, but I'm not a big fan of Chaplin's work. HOWEVER, to me, this stands out as his best film: it's well choreographed, it has a really endearing finale and the visual comedy is phenomenal.

14. HicBitmeyenAkbil's rating of the film City Lights

i think its best Charlie Chaplin movie.. i love great dictator but thats my favourite. Rest in peace funny man.

15. Bara Badjarad's rating of the film City Lights

Perkenalan pertama saya pada sosok Charlie Chaplin. Lucu dan menyentuh

16. ermete polpette's rating of the film City Lights

17. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film City Lights

Apart from the boxing sequence this is quite unfunny. Very poor slapstick elements, very much predictable, weak story & bad performing supporting cast. Because of these things the movie quickly gets boring. Sure, Chaplin is special, but not here. Disappointing.

18. AALC's rating of the film City Lights

That's the great example how 'usual' can become 'genial'. It was so natural and so pure, but the best thing is that it will never get old. This film is timeless!

19. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film City Lights

7.5-8/10 ma mi sento molto stronzo

20. Diogo Monteiro's rating of the film City Lights

I've watched this film with my family and I realised something. I realized that cinema can bring people together. It can make you forget about everything. It's surreal.

21. Felix Millan's rating of the film City Lights

Absolutely delightful little film all about electricity and how it powers city lights. I would've never guessed how that process worked! My father worked in public utilities for years and always said this movie best captured what his job was like(he wasn't much of a talker either!). Who knew rigging all those power lines could be so comical!?

22. ian234561's rating of the film City Lights

23. Shane's rating of the film City Lights

Probably Chaplin's best movie. Usually slapstick and genius don't go together, but with a Chaplin movie they just do.

24. ramasantputra's rating of the film City Lights

This is my favorite Chaplin film, but I don't want that to diminish his other work, either. MODERN TIMES was an outstanding work of social satire, THE GOLD RUSH was great slapstick, and even the largely-neglected MONSIEUR VERDOUX strikes a certain unforgettable tone. Chaplin didn't make a bad movie, and I'm not even sure that CL is his best, exactly. But it IS my favorite, if only for the ending.