1. kartina obskura's rating of the film City of Ember

2. Görkem Demir's rating of the film City of Ember

3. nvmore's rating of the film City of Ember

2.5// harry treadaway was my childhood crush

4. lostlevel's rating of the film City of Ember

Pretty decent + Toby Jones + Bill Murray = 5 stars in my book.

5. Murat's rating of the film City of Ember

6. pluviosity's rating of the film City of Ember

good setting, good Saoirse Ronan, yet bloody ruined by awful script, awful editing, that barely leave any plots watchable. It's watching a long trailer, where Nancy Drew and her boyfriend run amok in rags.

7. Sara Gaspar's rating of the film City of Ember

8. Siaudebert's rating of the film City of Ember

Not a bad Young Adult movie

9. anarresti's rating of the film City of Ember

There is an atmosphere and a storytelling that is reminiscent of Jeunet. And there's also a fable quality to it, that makes it more than a sci-fi experiment. The story is quite good, and is really well told, it unfolds beatifully and is visually achieved. There are paralels with The Village (2004), and with Logan's Run (1976). And even, we might add, with Kusturica's Underground. Screen them all together? What fun...

10. TheotherJones's rating of the film City of Ember

Good art direction and Murray's a lot of fun but the entire "system" that was put in place is so ridiculously convoluted. It's an expensive, time-consuming and dangerous Rube Goldberg machine when a door would suffice.

11. Victor Moreno's rating of the film City of Ember

12. Tigrão's rating of the film City of Ember

Really nice adventure movie. Great direction.

13. MostlyDead's rating of the film City of Ember

As far as I know, there's only one plothole I see in this: What happened to all the other countries during the disaster? Didn't anyone think of that?

14. Starshine's rating of the film City of Ember

15. sfcugura's rating of the film City of Ember

I really liked this movie, even though I felt as if though the scenes in the middle part of the movie were cut off due to the time limit or smth and CGI was kinda awful at the end :P However, it has Jeunet like atmosphere and I just fell in love in a movie as if I were a 10yr old kid :D

16. nowhere_fast's rating of the film City of Ember

I don't know, I like it and found it pretty cute

17. goeienag's rating of the film City of Ember

18. Movie Blabber's rating of the film City of Ember

I found this to be pretty decent. Of course it ends predictably and has some problematic CGI, but it is visually stunning at parts.

19. Vladimir Gordanic's rating of the film City of Ember

pray the earth, thx1138 for childrens

20. Jossy Silva's rating of the film City of Ember

lol, you can only think of one plothole? Makes sense, considering the movie is a whole plothole.

21. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film City of Ember

Director Gil Kenan's sophomore feature after the inventive animated 'Monster House' is this bland, muddled fantasy. As inventive as the visual design is, the plot moves way too fast, never slowing down to develop characters, suspense, or an intriguing mystery. A cast of great character actors including Martin Landau, Tim Robbins, and Toby Jones are wasted in underwritten roles - though Bill Murray thoroughly steals h