1. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film City of Women

Even at his worst Fellini seems worth the effort. Whole sequences in City of Women are dazzling in their scale & presentation. Images, ideas & scenarios that are incomparable in their vision & unrestrained in their imagination. Unfortunately such sequences are at the service of an empty dream-narrative about a middle-aged man's inability to grasp the necessities of feminism or the role of women in a changing world.

2. P D Dawson's rating of the film City of Women

Perhaps too alienating and frustrating for some, City of Women is a disturbing and deepening experience of derogatory male quips dressed up in a dream. How can this man, Snàporaz, played by Marcello Mastroianni, get out of this dream in a city full of feminist women? One senses this was a playfully political statement by Fellini and a chance to exercise his artistry without the confines of reality holding him back.

3. Terry_Moby's rating of the film City of Women

2.8 A rather undisciplined Fellini film. Many scenes seem unnecessarily stretched.

4. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film City of Women

I enjoyed the character's name (Snàporaz) more than the film itself.

5. Samuel Righi's rating of the film City of Women

6. ermete polpette's rating of the film City of Women

7. Ethan's rating of the film City of Women

Marcello Mastroianni in a city full of women in a film directed by Federico Fellini, what more could one ask for? This film is an absolute gem.

8. Dennis Morgan's rating of the film City of Women

The film should have been called, "The Road to Nowhere". A dream like film that turned into a nightmare of undeveloped ideas.

9. michal k's rating of the film City of Women

Nicelly decorated blown egg is still a blown egg. Unfortunately Tarkovsky was right this time, there are moments this europudding is simply tasteless.

10. Rebecca aka the big boss man's rating of the film City of Women

absurd and hilarious, with moments of eerie beauty, a playful and thoroughly enjoyable exploration of feminism

11. Benjamin's rating of the film City of Women

An inconsistent film--but wow--there are certain scenes and elements that make this a real triumph.

12. raggiodisole's rating of the film City of Women

Take a trip through the obsessive mind of Fellini. So charming. joy and ennui in equal measure

13. Ish Norris's rating of the film City of Women

14. Cthrn Wr's rating of the film City of Women

Beautiful! I'm delighted I didn't die before I got a chance to see this.

15. sebastianbarronmubi's rating of the film City of Women

As enjoyable as food poisoning followed by a stroke.

16. Amy Wardley's rating of the film City of Women

I found this film to be hard work and confusing yet engaging and compelling all at the same time. This is the first Fellini film that I've watched and I think that I will be watching more, if only to try and understand his style of film making!

17. Duncan Gray's rating of the film City of Women

Fellini's great sin is excess—by the 70s, life with his films means sifting through huge surreal setpieces for moments of pure, dazzling beauty. So I must confess that I was listless for the 1st half, but by the end, I could see why some critics champion it as a Hidden Masterpiece. For movies as loaded as this, don't take anyone's word for it...hit play, hang in there through any unease, and see where it takes you...

18. Kiko, um cronópio's rating of the film City of Women

19. Andrea Rizzo Pinna's rating of the film City of Women

Fellini scrive e dirige, probabilmente, uno dei suoi lavori più personali e visionari. Dipinge un quadro astratto, decantando lo splendido mondo femminile senza cadere in scialbi stereotipi maschilisti. La donna è vita. La donna è Dio. Ma tanto forte e indipendente quanto fragile e delicata. Un piccolo capolavoro quasi dimenticato. Ah le donne...

20. Jakob Larsson's rating of the film City of Women

21. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film City of Women

Fellini's most underrated film, this was a trippy, erotic masterpiece of a movie!

22. MarcelVonPure's rating of the film City of Women

80's Fellini does not age in the same way that other films of the era do, because 80's Fellini is still more Fellini than 80's!

23. gaia_blu's rating of the film City of Women

amazing.. love the screenplay if i ware a man i d be afraid

24. Lefteris Becerra's rating of the film City of Women

cuando el sueño de un harem se convierte en pesadilla, está poblado por feministas militantes, un delirio maravilloso que continua la reflexión y tirante relación del maestro con la figura femenina, pieza clave de la mitología felliniana