1. Joel's rating of the film Clean, Shaven

A wholly unique film that manages to get one inside the mind of it's character. It's tightly told and unfolds with dedication to it's end. What haunts is the sounds and textures of it's troubling tale.

2. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Clean, Shaven

4.5 Few films ever capture the true torment that can live inside. Few films are also able to show how the world outside can make that torment even greater

3. ConorKennedy's rating of the film Clean, Shaven

An uncomfortable watch, for sure, but still worth seeing for it’s jarring depiction of mental illness.

4. spasmolytic's rating of the film Clean, Shaven

5. Denis Zordan's rating of the film Clean, Shaven

6. Johnny Seeker's rating of the film Clean, Shaven

Not for me, however, very effective and important! One viewing of this film gets you closer to empathizing with schizophrenia. Just today as I finished seeing it, I saw a man talking to himself and shouting incoherently. What I noticed the most was the reaction of people in the street around him. It was a mixture of bemusement and laughter, which I now know is nothing but a guise hiding the shrinking terror within.

7. limited-space's rating of the film Clean, Shaven

8. Balthaz21's rating of the film Clean, Shaven

9. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Clean, Shaven

Even though the plot was a bit lacking, I thought it was pretty good at showing the spectrum of mental disorders for the characters. Peter Greene really commits to his character. It's too bad he's really typecast as a baddie these days, but obviously he's quite good at it.

10. subtonal's rating of the film Clean, Shaven

11. El Biffo's rating of the film Clean, Shaven

Love the minimal sound and sparse dialogue. This is as close to a horror film as I get.

12. el.'s rating of the film Clean, Shaven

It's really great to see that there exist films which demistify Sch and present the psychosis and its affective, cognitive and behavioral symptoms in an honest and clinically correct way. In addition, the sound and camera work extremely well in building the raw and uneasy atmosphere from the very beginning.

13. Miggy Angel's rating of the film Clean, Shaven

14. astygianelysium's rating of the film Clean, Shaven

the film's coup is that it exposes you raw to the effects of schizophrenia through its subtle shots which get under your skin; the sliding gradations of the characters' sanity; an eventual paranoid inability to trust any agent or any shot. nonetheless, it's not a completely brutal affair: you're shown a sliver of redemption for every character even as 'sanity' is shown to be tenuous at best, and destructive at worst.

15. Catakomb Kittens's rating of the film Clean, Shaven

depressive and sad as hell but that's what makes it memorable

16. Paolo Simeone's rating of the film Clean, Shaven

17. claudia delfina's rating of the film Clean, Shaven

this was almost impossible to watch in a good way

18. tassa's rating of the film Clean, Shaven

A meticulous film about mental illness that skillfully manages to make the audience empathetic with the protagonist without romanticizing the mental illness per se. It feels exhausting, dangerous, and some shots are really uneasy to watch, but it has a clear purpose in being so. Sound design is key. Love this to bits.

19. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Clean, Shaven

"Clean, shaven" sabe crear la atmósfera perturbadora de los síntomas de la esquizofrenia. Contempla además esa dualidad: la enfermedad mental y la del paciente deseoso de recuperarse a modo de redención. El encuentro con su hija esa algo así como el camino a la recuperación mental y paternal. Genial Peter Greene.

20. Sean's rating of the film Clean, Shaven

What an unsettling film, Peter Greene gives an outstanding performance as a schizophrenic man looking for his daughter. Found this movie to be disturbing and sometimes hard to watch, makes you feel like your going insane with all the static sounds and noises. It really puts you in the characters shoes and thats what I loved about it.

21. DUTCH's rating of the film Clean, Shaven

I dare not to relegate this to the body horror sub-genre but not even Cronenberg made me this squeamish and uneasy about the mind and the body. Bravo to Lodge Kerrigan.

22. Slowart's rating of the film Clean, Shaven

one of the best soundtracks, half of the film music by hahn rowe remains unnoticed beyond shrieks and distortions, towards the end of this tour-de-force this mixture of sounds comes as a revelation

23. 028539746's rating of the film Clean, Shaven

like Zoë, I don't know if I bear watching (and listening) a second time this film, a real descent to hell, the one of the psycho but also the one of the good cop

24. Katherin Escovar's rating of the film Clean, Shaven