1. ginobartolomi's rating of the film Cleopatra

As one of the most expensive films ever made, it's a chance to indulge in the grandiose decadence of Hollywood's golden age. Unfortunately, it's mostly laughably over-dramatic, and certainly far too long for its own good. Taylor is stunning, though. Even with that massive budget, I can't imagine this film being even moderately entertaining without her.

2. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Cleopatra

Enormous production where every dollar is on the screen - Cleopatra's entrance into Rome, her extravagant costumes and boat on the Nile are memorable moments. It is almost hard not to envision any other actress playing Cleopatra other than Elizabeth Taylor it is almost as we believe she is the pure reincarnation of her even if everything about her looks are historically inaccurate.

3. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film Cleopatra

4. cihangir21's rating of the film Cleopatra

5. João R's rating of the film Cleopatra

I feel that Elizabeth Taylor said everything I was trying to put into words about this movie, so I'll just quote her: "They had cut out the heart, the essence, the motivations, the very core, and tacked on all those battle scenes. It should have been about three large people, but it lacked reality and passion. I found it vulgar."

6. Gia de Almeida's rating of the film Cleopatra

7. FISCHER's rating of the film Cleopatra

Une impressionnante superproduction de la 20th Century Fox tournée en 70 mm qui fut tout d'abord dirigée par le vétéran Robert Mamoulian... www.cinefiches.com

8. Endre's rating of the film Cleopatra

The type of film that Showgirls cultivate into a gross caricature.

9. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Cleopatra

A stately plod through setup after setup with little historical insight or dramatic tension to spice up four hours of wooden Hollywood dressing-up box history. A triumph of costume and set design, but flicking through a catalogue would be so much quicker.

10. Rocco's rating of the film Cleopatra

I was lucky to experience this during a 70 mm festival and the print was glorious. But holy Toledo what a bloated, lumbering elephant of a film. The second half with Antony definitely surpasses the first in terms of watchability but by that point the opulence and political machinations have already become tiresome. Love the story behind it. Glad I saw it. Never again.

11. Daniel Roque's rating of the film Cleopatra

Epic sets, epic costumes, epic battles, epic choreographies, epic breasts...epic everything! With so much epicness it's odd how this became such epic boredom.

12. aether's rating of the film Cleopatra

but five stars for elizabeth taylor's breasts

13. matelot's rating of the film Cleopatra

14. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Cleopatra

15. Sơn Phước's rating of the film Cleopatra

All I see is, wow, it cost a lot of money!

16. Mx Nihil's rating of the film Cleopatra

A lengthy, melodramatic exercise in grandeur. Roddy McDowall is outstanding in his role as young Octavian.

17. Marta's rating of the film Cleopatra

Way too long, yet still enjoyable.

18. L. Nolan's rating of the film Cleopatra

Visually stunning theatre, exemplified by Roddy McDowall's performance, possibly the worst acting in the history of cinema.

19. c5000's rating of the film Cleopatra

Cinematograficamente hablando no es ninguna maravilla, pero en virtud de eso que llaman "historical accuracy" yo le pongo las 4 estrellas.

20. jsaez's rating of the film Cleopatra

bad, but not at all boring. it has a fascinating insanity.

21. Gylfi's rating of the film Cleopatra

Fascinating, a larger than life production chock full of extravagant costumes and setpieces. However bad the acting, the pacing of the story or whatever other faults are to be found, the final result is still an entertaining watch. Of course the story behind the making of the film has become legendary and once you witness the madness of this giant undertaking, you will see why. Recommend the gorgeous blu-ray edition!

22. David M.K.'s rating of the film Cleopatra

"My breasts are full of love and life."

23. Cosi's rating of the film Cleopatra

Henry Higgins as Julius Caesar. Fantastic

24. Matthew Martens's rating of the film Cleopatra

Watched it to add some je ne sais quoi to my reading of Stacy Schiff's Cleopatra biography, and it did the job -- I'm not sure what the hell it added, and that's a fact. Schiff's masterful politician is nowhere to be found in ET's petulant siren. One only hopes that events as they transpired in historical Alexandria were less dreary than these turgid simulations so expensively projected by Mankiewicz and company.