1. Axel's rating of the film Clerks

Honestly Clerks, I wanted to like you a lot more. You are bold with your choice of black and white and extreme slow pace, bordering on non-existent pace. Your dialogue reminds me of a juvenile Tarantino, which is a good thing btw, but still there is something not quite right, if only I knew the words to describe this. But despair not, I will return to you every now and then, checking in to see how you are doing.

2. Ka potem Es's rating of the film Clerks

3. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Clerks

One of the definitive nineties films.

4. Bob's rating of the film Clerks

Independent cinema at the peak of the 90s and a prime example of smaller budget resulting into greatness that otherwise would be hardly achieved. From the main protagonists to the supporting cast, everyone feels like they've been copy/paste-ed from their everyday routine. Small talks and street smarts about sex, Star Wars and life are here to fill enjoyable 90 minutes and cement couple of lines as an evergreen quotes

5. ghsdtgsdhgsdasghd's rating of the film Clerks

"I'm not even supposed to be here today"

6. Cimino!'s rating of the film Clerks

One of the best comedies of all time.

7. spasmolytic's rating of the film Clerks

Wins award for most cringe dialogue I can think of offhand. But I have to admit I love the Olaf metal scene.

8. Hippie Anime Trash's rating of the film Clerks

37 Dicks! MY GIRLFRIEND HAS SUCKED 37 DICKS!!

9. PeterK94's rating of the film Clerks

It has been a long while since I have seen a dialogue based comedy that I genuinely enjoyed. The way each joke sets up for a later joke makes this a tightly crafted film.

10. Sara Gaspar's rating of the film Clerks

11. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Clerks

Twenty years later, I think it holds up okay. The issues that came with Chasing Amy (plotting issues, literary formalism) are here, too, but so, too , are the strengths: decent acting, a balancing and (mostly) intelligent romantic ethos, etc. Though in this case, those qualities are married to a grit of aesthetic and content that makes it something like Scorsese married to Jim Jarmusch. Interesting film, overall.

12. Ramzi's rating of the film Clerks

Brilliant. Full of smart, funny, authentic and real conversations, joined with one or two wacky scenes and scenarios. The story of the filming only adds to its quality. Absolutely loved it.

13. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Clerks

A brilliant film by a bad director (if a great storyteller). The simple nature of the film is what makes it and what breaks every other Smith film as they try to be, so to speak,real movies. If Ingmar Bergman was born in New Jersey and worked in a video store Clerks is the film he would've made.

14. truffraud's rating of the film Clerks

my love for you is like a truck BERSERKER

15. alchimia's rating of the film Clerks

I'm not even supposed to be here today

16. Rui Oliveira's rating of the film Clerks

Never had seen it before. An independent gem from Kevin Smith (his first feature film) with amazingly well written dialogues, sharp, witty and fresh, even if it's a 20 years old film. Great acting from unknown amateur actors. A cult film for the VHS generation (mine)! Loved it!

17. Carmine Loru's rating of the film Clerks

18. Dennis Morgan's rating of the film Clerks

A triumph of concept over cash! A very funny film with some cracking scenes and one liners.

19. Ethan's rating of the film Clerks

Kevin Smith's debut film is a hilarious film but one you can appreciate more if you have worked behind the counter.

20. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film Clerks

The most inspiring part about this movie is simply that Smith hustled enough to get it made and distributed. Respect.

21. Ian Pike's rating of the film Clerks

Dull, predictable, slacker stereotypes, boring, self centred (god, life is so complicated/dull/not how I want it to be stuff) dialogue. Funniest bit was the cat taking a dump on the shop counter! Probably funny and relevant in its day.

22. mattywuh's rating of the film Clerks

23. Zanna Walsh's rating of the film Clerks

Great gem of a movie..the snappy dialogue, the bizarre moments, the cheap fags, !..(cigarettes)..and the egg man and of course the sex scene that was best unseen..! And my award for my favourite thing which I had to rewind quite a few times, goes to, Lenin's tomb. The cat. Genius.

24. kris's rating of the film Clerks

Bad acting, boring. Its not for me