1. nejurgi's rating of the film Clerks

funny movie, has the same atmosphere of Slacker, anyone knows of anything similiar?

2. Stefano De Putti's rating of the film Clerks

Forse è un poco esagerato, ma lo faccio volentieri

3. F/K's rating of the film Clerks

This is filmmaking stripped down to it's bare and austere form: Dialogue. The characters are so likable and make you feel like you want to hang out with them.

4. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Clerks

With it's frank and explicit language and a cast that consisted of mostly newcomers this film felt fresh and realistic when it first arrived on us unknowing people. The necrophilia scene in the movie is pretty tasteless fun though.

5. Isaac Ionescu's rating of the film Clerks

fucking boring and badly written, unbelievable characters, no plot, mental masturbation for the screenwriter

6. Mr. Gumby's rating of the film Clerks

Clerks is the ultimate indie film, both in what the movie is and how it was made. Is an example for the 21st century, where many critics are mistaking “indie” with “hipster” or “artsy”, when many of those so-call indie films are made with a normal buget and with all the best conditions possible. What I admire the most about Kevin Smith’s debut feature is not only the making-of story (man, he worked in that store...

7. Axel's rating of the film Clerks

Honestly Clerks, I wanted to like you a lot more. You are bold with your choice of black and white and extreme slow pace, bordering on non-existent pace. Your dialogue reminds me of a juvenile Tarantino, which is a good thing btw, but still there is something not quite right, if only I knew the words to describe this. But despair not, I will return to you every now and then, checking in to see how you are doing.

8. Ka potem Es's rating of the film Clerks

9. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Clerks

One of the definitive nineties films.

10. Bob's rating of the film Clerks

Independent cinema at the peak of the 90s and a prime example of smaller budget resulting into greatness that otherwise would be hardly achieved. From the main protagonists to the supporting cast, everyone feels like they've been copy/paste-ed from their everyday routine. Small talks and street smarts about sex, Star Wars and life are here to fill enjoyable 90 minutes and cement couple of lines as an evergreen quotes

11. ghsdtgsdhgsdasghd's rating of the film Clerks

"I'm not even supposed to be here today"

12. Cimino!'s rating of the film Clerks

One of the best comedies of all time.

13. spasmolytic's rating of the film Clerks

Wins award for most cringe dialogue I can think of offhand. But I have to admit I love the Olaf metal scene.

14. Hippie Anime Trash's rating of the film Clerks

37 Dicks! MY GIRLFRIEND HAS SUCKED 37 DICKS!!

15. PeterK94's rating of the film Clerks

It has been a long while since I have seen a dialogue based comedy that I genuinely enjoyed. The way each joke sets up for a later joke makes this a tightly crafted film.

16. Sara Gaspar's rating of the film Clerks

17. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Clerks

Twenty years later, I think it holds up okay. The issues that came with Chasing Amy (plotting issues, literary formalism) are here, too, but so, too , are the strengths: decent acting, a balancing and (mostly) intelligent romantic ethos, etc. Though in this case, those qualities are married to a grit of aesthetic and content that makes it something like Scorsese married to Jim Jarmusch. Interesting film, overall.

18. Ramzi's rating of the film Clerks

Brilliant. Full of smart, funny, authentic and real conversations, joined with one or two wacky scenes and scenarios. The story of the filming only adds to its quality. Absolutely loved it.

19. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Clerks

A brilliant film by a bad director (if a great storyteller). The simple nature of the film is what makes it and what breaks every other Smith film as they try to be, so to speak,real movies. If Ingmar Bergman was born in New Jersey and worked in a video store Clerks is the film he would've made.

20. truffraud's rating of the film Clerks

my love for you is like a truck BERSERKER

21. alchimia's rating of the film Clerks

I'm not even supposed to be here today

22. Rui Oliveira's rating of the film Clerks

Never had seen it before. An independent gem from Kevin Smith (his first feature film) with amazingly well written dialogues, sharp, witty and fresh, even if it's a 20 years old film. Great acting from unknown amateur actors. A cult film for the VHS generation (mine)! Loved it!

23. Carmine Loru's rating of the film Clerks

24. Dennis Morgan's rating of the film Clerks

A triumph of concept over cash! A very funny film with some cracking scenes and one liners.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7