1. Renton47's rating of the film Client 9: The Rise and Fall of Eliot Spitzer

Interesting story weakened by Gibney's awkward styling, not least in the way he further exploits the gimmick of sex to sell Spitzer's story, and arguably grants way too much time to heads present to tout their egos (though their presence makes his point). I eagerly await the day a couple stands before the media and says what they do in privacy is no one's business - but that also supposes trust between partners.

2. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film Client 9: The Rise and Fall of Eliot Spitzer

Too much music. Every time location changes a new piece of music plays.

3. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film Client 9: The Rise and Fall of Eliot Spitzer

Structurally, it's not Gibney's strongest work, but Client 9 offers another important layer to the filmmaker's growing work in dissecting the imbalances of our society and how we fit in them. Mostly, though, Gibney has a true knack to expose evil in a very down-to-earth yet utterly terrifying way.

4. Jonathan Shields's rating of the film Client 9: The Rise and Fall of Eliot Spitzer

Spitzer doesn't appear to understand the political mileage he could get out of admitting to, and facing, his anger issues. Having your staff refer to your outbursts as coming from your "evil twin, Erwin" is hardly the sort of personal endorsement I imagine Eliot Spitzer would have hoped he received from the doc. Nevertheless, he came off a helluva lot better than his enemies.

5. rowdyman's rating of the film Client 9: The Rise and Fall of Eliot Spitzer

Watch with "The Inside Job" and the BBC's "The Last Days of Lehman Brothers".

6. Christofer Pierson's rating of the film Client 9: The Rise and Fall of Eliot Spitzer

A very stylish and worldly wise documentary. Chilling, like a paranoid political thriller from the 1970s, but it's all true. There really are guys with tons of money and (it goes without saying) political connections who can buy anything, including revenge on a popular and powerful enemy.

7. Tony Oswald's rating of the film Client 9: The Rise and Fall of Eliot Spitzer

Just because I tend to agree with it, doesn't make it any less a fluffy propaganda piece. The best part of the documentary is certainly Spitzer extremely candid involvement. He truly makes no excuses for his actions, but also has absolutely no problems speaking about them honestly. I like a dude who can own up to his mistakes.

8. Edward Copeland's rating of the film Client 9: The Rise and Fall of Eliot Spitzer

Another excellent Alex Gibney documentary makes the case that Spitzer's personal weakness was exploited to be used as a political hit job. http://eddieonfilm.blogspot.com/2011/01/be-careful-which-enemies-you-make.html