1. caro's rating of the film Climates

In this movie, every frame is absolutely stunning. The general atmosphere, the light dialogue, the deep close-ups give at the same time an intimate and distant feeling to the viewer. I couldn't take off my eyes from the screen. It's a must-see movie.

2. Ludovic72's rating of the film Climates

Le cinéma de Nuri Bilge Ceylan rappelle souvent celui d'Antonioni : la lenteur, la fascination pour l'attente, le silence, la solitude et l'incommunicabilité entre les êtres… Même si la culture et les occupations des personnages diffèrent, les problèmes existentiels sont universels. Ici, la force esthétique des images parvient à faire ressentir le soleil brûlant ou la tempête de neige, en les reliant aux états d'âme.

3. jacline huet's rating of the film Climates

4. catweinz's rating of the film Climates

Superbement filmé (comme Wintersleep) et surtout l'analyse des sentiments, les aléas du désir. Des titres de livres me reviennent : Climats de Maurois, La confusion des sentiments de Zweig.

5. Didonne's rating of the film Climates

Un visage saisi à travers une vitre embuée, les reflets brillants d'une chevelure dénouée, un avion perdu dans un ciel enneigé, les images font voir les sentiments troubles qui accompagnent la fin d'un amour. Le cinéaste travaille en poète ; il parvient à restituer les émotions à travers l'environnement dans lequel évoluent les personnages.

6. hazal ilbay's rating of the film Climates

7. João Martins's rating of the film Climates

Eyes can tell more than anything. Expectations have to me deserved when we are talking about relationships. It's all on this one. Still, it seems like it's missing something throughout the whole film...

8. FISCHER's rating of the film Climates

Une sombre et désenchantée climatologie de la relation amoureuse en finitude, quand le sentiment se délite et s'étiole et qu'on joue encore à y (faire) croire, entre machisme en débandade et inéluctable fin de saison pour des coeurs en attente et en charpie, dans une délétère scénographie maladive et brouillonne... www.cinefiches.com

9. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Climates

10. ammar's rating of the film Climates

11. Ege Okal's rating of the film Climates

12. GZI's rating of the film Climates

best effort by him. although it's much more personal than his other movies, i think that one gives the exact intuition to any viewer.

13. elif jazel's rating of the film Climates

a minimalist masterpiece of Turkish cinema. I liked the depth of characters and the emotions built up with small talks.

14. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Climates

15. Isaac Ionescu's rating of the film Climates

This is a very Cassavetes-meets-Tarkovsky or maybe my-cock-meets-your-mother type of cinéma.

16. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Climates

Basically this is about the end of a marriage. We don't happen to know any details, any reasons. The entire movie contains almost no dialogues. It is very quiet, silent and slow. We see a lot of close-ups and still pictures. The protagonists are unsympathic. Bottom-line, you constantly ask yourself what you are supposed to think of it. Too much mood & symbolism; boring.

17. athens.ka's rating of the film Climates

18. Ariel_'s rating of the film Climates

Most of the conflict is internal. Distance & space the only physical obstacles to be overcome. Faces & landscapes take precedence over dialogue. Everything conveyed through eyes. Nothing rationally resolved or talked through. Both impenetrable and deeply poignant. The framing, while intimate, also accommodates vast horizons. A challenging work that quietly demands to be experienced/interpreted on a personal level.

19. haugenlars's rating of the film Climates

20. Carl Penguin's rating of the film Climates

21. Daniella's rating of the film Climates

I watched this movie last night after having watched Once Upon a Time in Anatolia and Winter Sleep a couple of weeks ago. I have to confess I like this constrained Bilge better than the more saturated and baroque latter one. It definitely reminded me of Antonioni and Bergman's Scenes from a Marriage.

22. mastorna's rating of the film Climates

has a weird feel to it.. the kind that results from conflicting stylistic and narrative choices. this being my second Ceylan (after Three Monkeys), I'm starting to feel that this kind of conflict is characteristic of his work.. It's as if the film is a soap opera given an 'art-house' treatment and shot through the lens of a photographer..

23. James Matthews's rating of the film Climates

Very stylish but too thin to cut deeply. His subsequent films have more substance.

24. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Climates

Best film from one of the worlds very best practicing filmmakers. Its a masterpiece in the Bergman tradition but created in all Ceylan's own vision and scope.