1. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Climates

2. ammar's rating of the film Climates

3. Ege Okal's rating of the film Climates

4. GZI's rating of the film Climates

best effort by him. although it's much more personal than his other movies, i think that one gives the exact intuition to any viewer.

5. ceknklsn's rating of the film Climates

6. elif jazel's rating of the film Climates

a minimalist masterpiece of Turkish cinema. I liked the depth of characters and the emotions built up with small talks.

7. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Climates

8. Isaac Ionescu's rating of the film Climates

This is a very Cassavetes-meets-Tarkovsky or maybe my-cock-meets-your-mother type of cinéma.

9. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Climates

Basically this is about the end of a marriage. We don't happen to know any details, any reasons. The entire movie contains almost no dialogues. It is very quiet, silent and slow. We see a lot of close-ups and still pictures. The protagonists are unsympathic. Bottom-line, you constantly ask yourself what you are supposed to think of it. Too much mood & symbolism; boring.

10. athens.ka's rating of the film Climates

11. Ariel_'s rating of the film Climates

Most of the conflict is internal. Distance & space the only physical obstacles to be overcome. Faces & landscapes take precedence over dialogue. Everything conveyed through eyes. Nothing rationally resolved or talked through. Both impenetrable and deeply poignant. The framing, while intimate, also accommodates vast horizons. A challenging work that quietly demands to be experienced/interpreted on a personal level.

12. haugenlars@hotmail.com's rating of the film Climates

13. Carl Penguin's rating of the film Climates

14. Daniella's rating of the film Climates

I watched this movie last night after having watched Once Upon a Time in Anatolia and Winter Sleep a couple of weeks ago. I have to confess I like this constrained Bilge better than the more saturated and baroque latter one. It definitely reminded me of Antonioni and Bergman's Scenes from a Marriage.

15. mastorna's rating of the film Climates

has a weird feel to it.. the kind that results from conflicting stylistic and narrative choices. this being my second Ceylan (after Three Monkeys), I'm starting to feel that this kind of conflict is characteristic of his work.. It's as if the film is a soap opera given an 'art-house' treatment and shot through the lens of a photographer..

16. James Matthews's rating of the film Climates

Very stylish but too thin to cut deeply. His subsequent films have more substance.

17. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Climates

Best film from one of the worlds very best practicing filmmakers. Its a masterpiece in the Bergman tradition but created in all Ceylan's own vision and scope.

18. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Climates

El cine de Bilge siempre ha tenido como personaje al "clima", y no solo el ambiental, sino también el emocionalmente melancólico. Por primera vez el tema de la familia está ausente en su fílmica y ahora lo central es el amor. La soledad, el egoísmo, todo empleado en el mutismo de una pareja que no se entiende más que con su interior. El exterior (clima) es casi un síntoma. La naturaleza es tema inamovible en Bilge.

19. Graham Duncan Hill's rating of the film Climates

Good film. You can see Ceylan is experimenting with style here combining filmmaking with the mindset of a photographer. The shots are amazing (the reason I'm giving it 4 stars instead of 3). Can't tell if I prefer Three Monkeys over this one.

20. RobertM's rating of the film Climates

Absolutely beautifully shot, well acted and an interesting watch.

21. Ioannis Papaloizou's rating of the film Climates

heartfelt movie and very delicately executed

22. aschoch's rating of the film Climates

Visually stunning - especially the opening scene -, Ceylan literally captures the "climate" of what he's trying to film -- a snow storm, a rain fall, but also the shifts in mood of his characters (a sigh, a laugh) ; in other words he approaches his subject matter as if coming from the air itself: Ceylan, cinéma atmospherique!

23. karoliskosas's rating of the film Climates

24. lrawren@umich.edu's rating of the film Climates

beautifully shot, lots of staring.