1. Zeynep Pekin's rating of the film Close Encounters of the Third Kind

2. Jason's rating of the film Close Encounters of the Third Kind

The populated earth is stranger than any science flicktion. Seems that in 1977 Spielberg was looking out at the world w/ the eyes of a child, and it served him well. Incidentally: how many shots are in this movie of people staring in wonder? The movie itself is a staring-in-wonder. Speaks to a market-driven post-ideological age that somebody'd follow up something as fascist as JAWS w/ something as Marxist as this.

3. ryan brennan's rating of the film Close Encounters of the Third Kind

I went and saw the 40th anniversary on the big screen - and it was my first time viewing the film. I think the film carries a much heavier resonance if you were around 40 years ago, and the way it holds some accuracy to the period especially with its relation to watergate. Nonetheless, an enjoyable watch for its influence on the genre and to watch Spielberg have fun creating.

4. msmichel's rating of the film Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Original release version. Celebrating its' 40th anniversary Spielberg's science fiction classic continues to provide a feeling of awe and hope. The degree of ingenuity in its creation is staggering and its practical effects stand the test of time quite well. Dreyfuss gives an iconic turn here as everyman Roy. One of the director's best.

5. G. Thomas Esmay's rating of the film Close Encounters of the Third Kind

8/10. Thin on plot and the characters existing mostly as archetypes, CLOSE ENCOUNTERS is nonetheless an engaging, retro sci fi adventure. Mostly depicted as bright beams of light and the iconic musical theme, the aliens take on a dreamy, inexplicable quality. Viewing the universe's unknowns with childish wonderment is one of the film's most endearing strengths.

6. abyantama's rating of the film Close Encounters of the Third Kind

7. SeemsLikeFun's rating of the film Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Two star first hour, four star second hour.

8. FISCHER's rating of the film Close Encounters of the Third Kind

>>> Du grand spectacle, entre rêve humaniste et science-fiction plausible, prônant avec une certaine candeur unanimiste et facile, une harmonieuse paix universelle... www.cinefiches.com

9. janice.hughes's rating of the film Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Forty years ago we saw a Hoover sweep across the floor as toys jingled and jangled from the enigmatic forces spilling out from the alien spaceship. In his innocence, the young boy is physically enthralled by what he may encounter ahead of him. One of Spielberg's great early films.

10. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Close Encounters of the Third Kind

11. Kadjavsi's rating of the film Close Encounters of the Third Kind

12. Gabriele Pumo's rating of the film Close Encounters of the Third Kind

13. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Close Encounters of the Third Kind

After watching Stranger Things a few weeks ago, I've thought I must rewatch this Sci-Fi essential classic.

14. Mariana Vilhena's rating of the film Close Encounters of the Third Kind

why am i crying while françois truffaut says hello to the tiny alien

15. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Close Encounters of the Third Kind

The same joy and wonder directed toward the innocent child and the UFOs is shockingly absent in most of our human characters. I have always been distressed and sad after watching this film - Spielberg turns Drefyuss into a Real Boy by whisking him away, an escapism with hints of celestial suicide.

16. BernardoDiniz's rating of the film Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Best alien encounter ever.

17. Aaron Dillenbeck's rating of the film Close Encounters of the Third Kind

For the good. The lighting was exceptional. Cool color palate in Technicolor. The story was unique and had a great mixture of suspense and childlike wonder. The soundtrack helped reinforce the PG rating and kept the story as balanced as it was. The bad. Terrible performances. Pacing was dreadful. Too many periods of boredom in the narrative. Predictable ending. Wasn't as good as I expected.

18. Blumes's rating of the film Close Encounters of the Third Kind

"They can fly rings around the moon...but we're years ahead of them on the highway."

19. Mr.Pacha's rating of the film Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Peccato che non si possa dare più di cinque stelle.

20. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film Close Encounters of the Third Kind

I've never seen something as disappointing as this.

21. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Saw this again recently-- was instantly transported back to my first viewing in childhood. I vividly remember NOT understanding what was going on, and somehow enjoying the movie precisely because it eluded me.

22. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Avec François TRUFFAUT himself ! Une seconde version comporte 3 séquences supplémentaires.

23. SpacePirate's rating of the film Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Starts off great but turns into a snoozefest. Spielberg lets me down once again

24. Jo's rating of the film Close Encounters of the Third Kind

"He says the sun came out last night. He says it sang to him."

← Previous 1 3 4