1. Renton47's rating of the film Closet Monster

CM is basically made for a specific film festival crowd that will eat it up. I get it, those first-love elements are worth dining on. The rest is pretty by-the-books. I hope teens see it. The novel Mysterious Skin meant the world to me as a teenager, so I don't worry about adult content bypassing seekers. The way it marries violence with sexual urges isn't developed enough to be other than icky.

2. Jye Sherwell's rating of the film Closet Monster

It goes into familiar territory, yet mostly manages to not feel like it's just treading old ground. Really it's ambition of ideas, images and sound pay off. Speaking of sound, it's got an unusual and enjoyable choice of music, and the filmmakers used sound design in cool ways too. Love Connor Jessup for this sort of role, and overall enjoyed this film.

3. kakaok's rating of the film Closet Monster

gay movie for gay people. gay - the cancer of Western man's mind. It's better to see a movie where a girl makes blowjob to a dog which is ruining ralationship with her boyfriend. gay drama is useless, pathetic and passe - BJ to a dog comedy is much better for the genre

4. Marco Pierrard's rating of the film Closet Monster

5. Aardsy's rating of the film Closet Monster

I can't handle these feelings.

6. João R.'s rating of the film Closet Monster

7. Absentia's rating of the film Closet Monster

3.5 Questo vuol dire saper scrivere e dirigere un film. SORPRENDENTE. BELLISSIMO.

8. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Closet Monster

6.2/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-37d

9. HenriqueA's rating of the film Closet Monster

There was some great and even horrowing recurring motifs that played out really perfectly, but the were scattershot between some fairly clichéd (and underexplored) characters and a bad use of a good soundtrack. It's not that I disliked it, it's more that I really wanted to like it more, but just couldn't connect with it. Watch C.R.A.Z.Y. instead.

10. Beatriz Maia's rating of the film Closet Monster

11. Savanna Ruedy's rating of the film Closet Monster

12. Daniel Roque's rating of the film Closet Monster

Transgendering your own pet, who've never?

13. amandav's rating of the film Closet Monster

nice soundtrack. a little too metaphor-heavy 4 me

14. Pymo's rating of the film Closet Monster

4 hamsters to reach the truth!

15. João Luís Ribeiro's rating of the film Closet Monster

16. Tiago Gonçalves's rating of the film Closet Monster

Coming out of the closet is amazing, stupid, scary and magical. Either you have a cheap IKEA closet or a magnificent ebony wood closet, it's always a journey leaving it behind to embrace freedom. Show this to all the kids!

17. Rita Maia's rating of the film Closet Monster

18. OFF_FRAME's rating of the film Closet Monster

A very unique and entirely confident film with a kind of confused idea of who it's audience is. It plays like a kids movie with the hamster but the rest of the subject matter is AO. Some beautiful psychedelic sequences hold it together but it relies too heavily on the soundtrack. 2.5 stars

19. spAce_'s rating of the film Closet Monster

"If you don't hate your parents, you'll eventually become them."

20. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Closet Monster

Cinematography + soundtrack (but I prefer the original version of Arcadia instead of the Telefon Tel Aviv Remix https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3bkmD-70e4). And at the end, yes, I'm in tears.

21. ig_____or's rating of the film Closet Monster

The film is cute: a bit too clunky on the family drama; super-duper soundtrack; lovely colours; and that kiss scene was very steamy... even if Oscar's apathy was bugging me a little. The film could have amped up the volume on a couple of key moments. All the symbolisms and metaphors were a nice touch, but... who the fuck casts Isabella Rossellini as a talking hamster?!

22. Dan's rating of the film Closet Monster

Was already sold when Isabella Rossellini's voice came out of a hamster and then came the Allie X, Austra and 2nd best house party committed to film.

23. mrpasquali's rating of the film Closet Monster

Five stars because it has a great beginning and a better end. The tone of the movie is so fresh and engaging. The hamster that talks is such a great addition as a companion of the hero in this story. A great coming of age movie.

24. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Closet Monster

2-3. I think it's pretty nicely put together. But it's also very played out. The abusive father, the unyieldingly supportive female friend, the rescue by the mother (the superior parent as usual), etc. It's not even that striking as far metaphors are concerned; the make-up, the wolf symbolism, the emotional freedom of the open water; I've seen it all before. But still it's a competent package, if familiar.