1. Śākyamuni's rating of the film Cloverfield

Cloverfield è l'adieu au langage dei monster-movie, con la differenza che se la pellicola di Godard si (af)fonda sull'atto stesso del "non vedere", il film di Reeves si edifica sullo stratagemma del "non visto". Un grandioso attentato all'occhio da parte di Internet e, insieme, il punto d'incontro tra quest'ultimo e l'Immagine. Cloverfield è l'11/09 capovolto, riguardante l'assimilazione mediatica d'informazioni.

2. Legosaurus's rating of the film Cloverfield

3. VivianDarkbloom's rating of the film Cloverfield

4. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Cloverfield

Frustrating because at times, the film almost delivers on the hype generated through its excellent marketing campaign. The first section before the monster arrives is dull, but then the film falls into the trap of killing the tension by showing too much of the monster too quickly. Just like Super eight.

5. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Cloverfield

captures a sense of dread and mayhem that few other films even try to achieve. although whatever sound design tech that decided the little roach guys should quack when under duress should be stripped of his union privileges

6. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film Cloverfield

La città viene spazzata via da un mostro gigante che distrugge tutto con inaudita cattiveria, massacrando brutalmente persone ed animali. New York sta venendo sepolta nel caos, però la videocamera del protagonista non si spacca nonostante le cadute e, soprattutto non si scarica. Mai. Chiaramente viene ritrovata integra e funzionante a fine disastro. Duracell, dura di più.

7. Absentia's rating of the film Cloverfield

8. le Gars's rating of the film Cloverfield

9. film_lies101's rating of the film Cloverfield

The cast (with the exception of Lizzy Caplan) consists of CW extras that you could give flying fuck if they lived or died. The shaky found footage concept does put you in the moment, somehow I was still bored. The monsters look like they're straight out of DOOM. The tape switching back and forth between past and present makes no sense, once you tape over something ITS FUCKING GONE.

10. Ollie's rating of the film Cloverfield

'Cloverfield' is a technical marvel, although that doesn't excuse the unnatural dialogue and slightly sloppy acting. Eventually, the movie falls into the typical tropes of found footage films, and giving the video camera to the most irritating character probably wasn't the smartest move either.

11. P Teddy Sawyer's rating of the film Cloverfield

miraculously sustained........ but how could the lifestyle of plush young new-yorkers be so rudely inconvenienced by a beast beyond all fathoming ???? Plenty of opportunities to ponder the nuances of skyscraper structural engineering.

12. Gareth Jones's rating of the film Cloverfield

I am not a huge fan of home/found footage movies but this one has a good pace and lots of action with some very good special effects. Monsters clearly enjoy the cliché destruction of New York landmarks.

13. DanB3000's rating of the film Cloverfield

I'm glad the monster killed all those dreadful people.

14. raggiodisole's rating of the film Cloverfield

annoying characters but their capacity for running, getting injured and still running, is commendable, and gives us the surprisingly high quality found footage. thrillsome stuff

15. DrFirestone's rating of the film Cloverfield

Cloverfield hasn't aged well, the "monster" design is rather unimaginative, the CGI parts dated badly, which is unfortunate because the film heavily relies on these. The characters are boring and forgettable, acting unconvincing. Where the film delivers is the depiction of chaos and destruction, and how well the concept of "lost footage" fits in such setting.

16. m.jempson@btinternet.com's rating of the film Cloverfield

Not normally my kind of genre, but laid up with a nasty bug, what the hell. The 'rescue' is as implausible as surviving a helicopter crash and the rest of the plot, but the narrative technique works surprisingly well. Now we need a doc about the creature.

17. sizelando's rating of the film Cloverfield

Incredibly, unnervingly effective.

18. Superfrog's rating of the film Cloverfield

Achieves more or less what it tries to. Basically quasi Blair Witch in NYC with a large monster. And characters who keep saying "Oh, my god" (which does have a ironic feel to the pedant) The annoying bits of the film, the dialogues, the characters, the amazing lack of maturity of all involved keep the film as a semi success. Enjoyed some of the video artifacts added to the film to make it look more video like.

19. John Burgess's rating of the film Cloverfield

OK, I suppose. I find these hand held movie diaries all very much the same. For a JJ Abrams movie, we've really seen a whole lot better. I dunno - I was just expecting something a little more bizarre and off-the-wall. But Godzilla meets Alien in ShakyVision? Really?

20. Angus George Alexander Brown's rating of the film Cloverfield

It's a solid 85 minutes of entertainment - not breathtakingly original, witty, or terrifying, but it has some strong moments.

21. Matt's rating of the film Cloverfield

11mins of credits was less annoying than these characters.

22. DenoResandono's rating of the film Cloverfield

Oh God, that shaky-cam effects...

23. Sarah Pietsch's rating of the film Cloverfield

Surprisingly good. Better than I had expected.

24. MARION's rating of the film Cloverfield

I'd heard a few friends mention this film and I knew it had some sort of armageddon/sci-fi storyline. Spoiler alert - generally eye-roll when it comes to aliens that look like neanderthal monsters but stayed tuned due to the clever "self-shot" cinematographic style and relentless action. Easy watching and entertaining in the manahattan doomsday genre despite the rather bubble-gum characters.

← Previous 1 3 4