1. Log Lady's rating of the film Coal Black and de Sebben Dwarfs

This IS racist, there's no question about that. Back then, painting black people as simplistic big-lipped stereotypes was accepted, but today it feels reactionary. However, censorship is not the answer. Coal Black is still technically excellent, and it's good for classroom discussions and analytical approaches, when there's proper background and talk about why this kind of goofy blackface stuff is wrong.

2. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Coal Black and de Sebben Dwarfs

meh... never liked musicals and it didn't offend me enough

3. El Biffo's rating of the film Coal Black and de Sebben Dwarfs

Famously banned (one of the "Warner Bros. 11"), there doesn't seem to be a really pristine copy of this out there. I don't think the cartoon is very derogatory, nor do I think that banning it is productive. What should be banned is cops shooting innocent Black people and loading up our jails and prisons with Black people for insignificant reasons, then using the criminal records to deprive them of jobs and housing.

4. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Coal Black and de Sebben Dwarfs

5. THE APOLL0's rating of the film Coal Black and de Sebben Dwarfs

Seemed like they tried to get every racist image and stereotype in under 8 minutes.

6. Rock and Bull's rating of the film Coal Black and de Sebben Dwarfs

This is actually a good short, but when there are hundreds of other great cartoons that aren't heavily reliant on racism, there's not much reason to watch it.

7. Arcanus's rating of the film Coal Black and de Sebben Dwarfs

About as un-PC as you get. I love it.

8. Brian O'blivion's rating of the film Coal Black and de Sebben Dwarfs

9. Roscoe's rating of the film Coal Black and de Sebben Dwarfs

Faintly amusing, but pretty damn racist. On the other hand, Tyler Perry has made a career out of work not far removed from this.

10. Dzimas's rating of the film Coal Black and de Sebben Dwarfs

Well that's something! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aSw5qDBn-o despite the alarming racist overtones.

11. Blue K, Custodian of the Cinema's rating of the film Coal Black and de Sebben Dwarfs

Coal Black is infinitely hotter than Snow White, yes she is.