1. Fool sentimental's rating of the film Coco Before Chanel

2. HALLENSLEBEN's rating of the film Coco Before Chanel

3. Cid Medeiros's rating of the film Coco Before Chanel

Great production with all its indoors reconstructions of cabarets and chateaux. The storytelling works pretty much as an austere guide through the well known facts of Chanel's life, while the cinematography succeeds in bringing about the origins of Coco's sober look over that craziness colorful outfits. Highlight to the uncanny Tautou's resemblance with the real Coco Chanel.

4. camille's rating of the film Coco Before Chanel

5. Emily Sirko's rating of the film Coco Before Chanel

Quite dull: I feel as though I never got a full sense of Coco's character, beyond the predictable and abstract. I am sure there was so much more to her beyond the men in her life and her certain bluntness! However it was also quite luxurious, and Audrey Tatou is sublime!!!!!!!

6. Ryuu Baron's rating of the film Coco Before Chanel

Too much for nothing relevant.

7. tenonder's rating of the film Coco Before Chanel

8. keremebrulee's rating of the film Coco Before Chanel

Deserves no more than if it was not for Tautou

9. Shahad's rating of the film Coco Before Chanel

10. Susana Bessa's rating of the film Coco Before Chanel

It is a lovely tribute to Chanel. Fontaine gave it sensitivity, and the humour it needed from the start. However, it feels a little bit like the prologue of a book I wanted to keep on reading but its ending was too inconclusive and left out the interesting part, which was the true beginning of Coco as Chanel. It is important to know about an artist's past, but it is also crucial to confirm the genius behind it.

11. Minna's rating of the film Coco Before Chanel

12. spiderliliez's rating of the film Coco Before Chanel

How intriguing. Coco Chanel's life, as seen from her humble beginnings. Though I was disappointed it didn't really tackle her life after that. Eventually the film only showed a glimpse of her successful days as a designer. I would have also liked to see the peak of her career, her struggles in the fashion world, her vices, and her other affairs. Nevertheless, I have to say Audrey Tautou was the perfect Coco Chanel.

13. Angie H's rating of the film Coco Before Chanel

Meh. The movie creates a nice atmosphere and of course Audrey's acting never ceases to fail - brilliant dialogues -, but it was boring at times, not exactly what I had in mind when I decided to watch it. I would've liked the movie to focus more on Coco's way to becoming famous, not so much on her love life... Either way, not a bad one.

14. The Shadow's rating of the film Coco Before Chanel

An atmospheric and elegant film. Audrey Tautou is as captivating as always but in this radiates real strength.

15. Lena Leus's rating of the film Coco Before Chanel

I expected more out of that film. I’d say weakly retold story of Chanel's life. Nothing new but it might be interesting for a person who knows nothing about Chanel. I did not feel her real passion, hard work and dedication – yes, but not passion. Very average performance of Audrey Tautou, we saw her in better roles. The big plus is for soundtrack.

16. arlinda's rating of the film Coco Before Chanel

What is of interest in this film is to see how much Coco Chanel borrowed from men's clothes to transform women's fashion aesthetic. The rest, frankly is a so-so melodrama.

17. Riesca Amallia's rating of the film Coco Before Chanel

I can't take Benoît Poelvoorde seriously in this movie. I keep thinking of Brutus in Asterix & Obelix.

18. pyrrhus's rating of the film Coco Before Chanel

Nice acting, I liked the scenery. Well written dialogues, but the end could have been more impressive.

19. Emma Joye's rating of the film Coco Before Chanel

not what I had expected- a lot of focus on the romance while Chanel is such a wonderful woman. It was not a bad movie but they could've focussed more on how she became big in Paris.

20. angelicidea's rating of the film Coco Before Chanel

Largely schematic and pretty boring at certain parts.

21. goeienag's rating of the film Coco Before Chanel

It was a fine film. I expected so much more, but....whadayagunnado?

22. Altero's rating of the film Coco Before Chanel

“Proud people breed sad sorrows for themselves” Alessandro Nivola quoting Emily Brontë

23. Fabiola's rating of the film Coco Before Chanel