1. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Coffee and Cigarettes

So laidback and self-assured in its own coolness that it can kind of verge on being excessively sedate. But this movie has a lot of intriguing observations to offer, as well as some relevant poetic evocations. The idea of Tesla's frequencies as the rhythm of life springing from the Earth as a coffee cup was a particularly nice touch accompanying the idea that coffee and cigarettes can represent life, itself.

2. gld48's rating of the film Coffee and Cigarettes

I love the mundanity and the elegance of Jim Jarmusch's work. I don't think I could choose one of his films that I could say was my favorite. Love them all so much.

3. Bob's rating of the film Coffee and Cigarettes

From German expressionism to film-noir and independent cinema, B&W cinematography has evolved to capture every single dusty or smokey detail of dive bars, cafes, pubs or lounge bars that are spread through this little masterpiece. It brings humor out of ordinary and characters out of actors that play themselves, in a joyful, atmospheric and bittersweet set of 11 chapters with unlimited potential for repeated viewings

4. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film Coffee and Cigarettes

Tante vignette di qualità altalenante unite tra loro da discorsi poco sensati, sigarette non finite e caraffe di quella brodaglia che secondo gli americani è il caffè. Il livello dialogico è irregolare, al contrario di una regia costantemente positiva e funzionale a tutti i brevi racconti. La scena tra Iggy Pop e Tom Waits vale la visione di tutto il progetto. Da guardare a puntate.

5. Wing Narada's rating of the film Coffee and Cigarettes

"The beauty of quitting is, now that I've quit, I can have one, 'cause I've quit." — Tom Waits

6. arcondicionado's rating of the film Coffee and Cigarettes

7. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Coffee and Cigarettes

8. Cherry's rating of the film Coffee and Cigarettes

some are good others are not so good but I loved cate blanchett and the tesla coil was cool

9. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Coffee and Cigarettes

10. Marina C.'s rating of the film Coffee and Cigarettes

The natural awkwardness of human interaction and the maneirisms of each character are splendid - Jarmusch always manages to charm me with the realism and oddness he portrays his characters, highlighting the smallest details and the unspoke relatability.

11. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Coffee and Cigarettes

The brilliance of two shorts (the Alfred Molina/Steve Coogan and the Tom Waits/Iggy Pop ones) make up for the lameness of the worst. The rest lies between forgettable and rather good.

12. luz de topos's rating of the film Coffee and Cigarettes

JAJAJAJJAJAJ que hacía buscemi, iggi pop, el wu tang clan y bill murray en una misma película?

13. B o g d a n's rating of the film Coffee and Cigarettes

14. bartkl's rating of the film Coffee and Cigarettes

To be honest, much of this was pretty boring and only some of the scenes were actually funny. The concept is quite nice, but some of the recurring references and ideas are quite dull. Not recommended, although I can't say it was a complete waste of my time.

15. Thomas's rating of the film Coffee and Cigarettes

A series of stand-alone vignettes, a charming idea and a pleasure to watch. I was eagerly compelled to see who would appear in the next conversation! One or two of the dialogues dragged on too long but there was enough of a playful, carefree spirit running throughout which raised some smiles and held my attention.

16. Moin Hussain's rating of the film Coffee and Cigarettes

17. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Coffee and Cigarettes

The Cate Blanchett sketch is terrible, but don't ruin this notes about nothing.

18. Daunay's rating of the film Coffee and Cigarettes

19. Dr. Q's rating of the film Coffee and Cigarettes

funny, but then also a bit boring, it gets repetitive.

20. Kaonashiii's rating of the film Coffee and Cigarettes

This felt like effortlessly better than a three, but still not meriting a four. I refuse to partake in the foolishness of trying to manually override the rating system with decimal points.

21. Elijah Winterson's rating of the film Coffee and Cigarettes

22. Tibulle85's rating of the film Coffee and Cigarettes

(Ecrit sous le coup de la colère) Avec sa brochette d'acteurs réunis pour contempler le vide intersidéral de sa fatuité, Jarmusch invente ici le "fan-service pour intello-branchouille". Outre que l'ensemble est d'ores et déjà complètement daté, on se demande si le réalisateur n'a pas cherché à illustrer l'entrée "film qui ne sert à rien, mais vraiment à rien" dans un futur dictionnaire à venir sur le cinéma d'auteur.

23. Mesrob Kassemdjian's rating of the film Coffee and Cigarettes

Full of complex characters in short and brutally realistic sequences. Very funny and wonderfully awkward moments.

24. JOHN ATHERTON's rating of the film Coffee and Cigarettes

Definitely more interesting than all the bods in "cafes" using laptops / free water / 2 tables / don't come near me look. Almost makes smoking attractive again.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7