1. The Macho King's rating of the film Cold Mountain

I still think City of God should of won for Best Cinematography that year.

2. Dave's rating of the film Cold Mountain

Most complaints on this film I've seen are that the central love story is lacking, but I found it romantic in a restrained, very old-fashioned way that I thought worked on the whole. It has some beautiful cinematography, as well as interesting character turns throughout.

3. Bernardo Pinto Diniz's rating of the film Cold Mountain

4. Ethan's rating of the film Cold Mountain

A nice little Civil War drama that features a fascinating ensemble cast of the most talented actors of all time. I'm not big on Renee Zellweger but I absolutely love her in this film.

5. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Cold Mountain

This is the proof that an enormous big star ensemble does not guarantee a great movie. Saying that Mr. Minghella should or must ask himself why is it so? The movie lacks, despite a few good scenes, emotion. Mrs. Kidman is one of the reasons why the movie comes across icecold. Also the ending doesn't come as much of a surprise. Solid, but below expectation. Overall notably disappointing.

6. riraru's rating of the film Cold Mountain

Der Mittelteil mit seinen vergleichsweise großartigen Nebendarstellern tröstet über Kitsch-Anfang und -Ende hinweg. Renée Zellweger, die damals noch nicht aussah wie Nicole Kidman, gibt sich sichtlich Mühe für ihren Oscar. Ansonsten viel Blut.

7. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Cold Mountain

8. Linn's rating of the film Cold Mountain

It is certainly very easy to dismiss this epic drama as mediocre Hollywood cheese. In my opinion, it is a touching, visually wonderful film about love, companionship and longing. A romantic film in the truest sense of the word, Minghella impressively weaves several heartbreaking stories into North Carolinian landscapes of pristine beauty and meaning.

9. Jack Hoehn's rating of the film Cold Mountain

It's really easy to pan this for being so very hollywood -- but despite that (or maybe because of that?), when it comes down to it it's immensely satisfying and cathartic.

10. Beatriz Menezes Castro's rating of the film Cold Mountain

11. mariposa nocturna's rating of the film Cold Mountain

Maybe I like it since some people have told me I look like both Nicole and Renee, and my last name is almost Inman. Plus I live in North Carolina and I enjoy tragic love stories.

12. kacey's rating of the film Cold Mountain

It's not even abaout a mountain that is cold, what bs.

13. Catarina C Gomes's rating of the film Cold Mountain

I have lost track of how many times I've watched this. Sometimes I rolled it just for company. Yes, I know the dialogues by heart.

14. Arrietty's rating of the film Cold Mountain

I expected more of this. But I guess I knew from very beginning how it's gonna be and how it will end. But only Nicole and Renee caught that Southern accent, others- disaster.

15. Bibi Lamy's rating of the film Cold Mountain

la fotografia é eccellente, i costumi sono fantastici e lei é sublime, ma la fine é girata male, si rimane distanti.

16. A47's rating of the film Cold Mountain

"I imagine god is weary of being pulled down on both sides of an argument." Perhaps not the best casting for these roles, but what really killed this decent script was the tasteless direction. I sort of imagine him going "oh, that will work," after a take or two... Sure its strong, but it ain't interesting.

17. J. O.'s rating of the film Cold Mountain

Overall, this film receives a lot of negative commentary based on it being Oscar bait, or Hollywood trite, but the fact of the matter is that it is a beautiful film. The production design is especially striking, putting the audience directly into the striking beauty of 19th century North Carolina. This lengthy romantic epic echoes the tragedy of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's poem "Evangeline".

18. Emma Joye's rating of the film Cold Mountain

Some parts were great, some were just too long

19. Zach Closs's rating of the film Cold Mountain

"Oscar bait" or not, it is a passionate film. Yes, the central romance leaves something to be desired, but what else is there to complain about? The cinematography is arresting. Combat scenes are dirty, nasty and authentic, and wrenching turns from a star-packed supporting crowd resonate. The soundtrack evokes profound sense of place.

20. Rafael Zen's rating of the film Cold Mountain

A beautiful story with a powerful female duo. I love Cold Mountain's mood on screen.

21. Larissa's rating of the film Cold Mountain

Esse filme força a amizade demais.

22. Garçon Manqué's rating of the film Cold Mountain

23. Jeremy Tamura's rating of the film Cold Mountain

That just doesn't work, don't know how he could do that, having such actors as Nicole Kidman or Jude Law and so much money...

24. Patricia's rating of the film Cold Mountain

Cute film but could have been better... a good "hollywood" film. Good acting from portman's little role!