1. Thomas's rating of the film Cold Weather

Unassuming modestly filmed drama. Believable characters and wholly compelling, even had the unnecessary 'detective' element been omitted.

2. Ben Maxwell's rating of the film Cold Weather

Intriguing characters and deft development. Great Portland / Oregon locations. Tender.

3. Rui Oliveira's rating of the film Cold Weather

Funny, contemplative, slow paced, but very interesting indie film.

4. Philippe Audi-Dor's rating of the film Cold Weather

I usually love mumblecore, but here the story failed to be engaging (lost somewhere between a thriller, a comedy and a character study) and the characters were more frustrating than endearing. This however is not to mistake with bad acting - the acting was probably the best part of this film. If you like mumblecore give it a go, but have a good cup of coffee with to you.

5. raggiodisole's rating of the film Cold Weather

indie gem. plays a bit like a Hardy Boys mystery, and keeps its mystery all the way through

6. DrFirestone's rating of the film Cold Weather

It's rather slow paced, but it works well in this instance. The characters are portrayed realistically, minimalistic acting, I liked both. Great, moody location. The atmosphere is sleepy and melancholic, then something mysterious happens... The film really kicks off from there, it flows very nice. The ending however, is rather abrupt in my opinion and felt somehow unnatural. Good film overall.

7. Huw Morgan's rating of the film Cold Weather

8. Superfrog's rating of the film Cold Weather

Manages not to be directly objectionable even though it is not all that engaging, which for this type of flicks warrants to be noticed. Why the soyund editing needed to be so bad (or MUBI's remaster of it) is past me.

9. Dylski's rating of the film Cold Weather

Meandering-nice-forgettable

10. Gary B's rating of the film Cold Weather

Stay with it to 35 mins and you'll want to see the rest of it :)

11. Animalia's rating of the film Cold Weather

I guess I'm not a fan of mumblecore then

12. Luke Corradine's rating of the film Cold Weather

Gentle and unassuming...what a delightfully nocturnal piece this is! A little more modest than an Alexander Payne but certainly more visionary than a Reitman, Katz seems to have found a precious balance between New Wave detachedness and cool Americana. Excellent!

13. The Heff's rating of the film Cold Weather

Sadly, not a film that engaged me enough in the 96 minutes.

14. Ark V's rating of the film Cold Weather

Certainly some interesting thought going in to this film, sadly however, it doesn't seem to elevate itself from the great external references. I'll be keeping an eye out for future productions by Katz.

15. Donal's rating of the film Cold Weather

Strange film. Terrible sound but great music. Very unengaging for the most part but at times quite charming. I would have preferred the film to be all thriller (which I think it did effectively) and less whatever else it was (which I think it didn't).

16. nickolia's rating of the film Cold Weather

Loved it. Even without the later mystery element, I could have happily watched on. The case theft scenes had my heart beating in a way no self-conscious action film could.

17. Benrhy's rating of the film Cold Weather

Never heard of "mumblecore" before. What an awful genre name. I loved this though. So many lovely, thoughtful shots. A quirky little story. Great locations. But what on earth are Swedish Fish? Who cares. Thank you MUBI!

18. Ulf's rating of the film Cold Weather

Beautiful images, good acting, great music and a story that is allowed to digress in a way that mirrors its characters.

19. John Price's rating of the film Cold Weather

Not very much happens to some not very interesting people in a grey place

20. Leigh Collins's rating of the film Cold Weather

Nicely made. Not much happens in the first third, then it gets interesting. And then it suddenly stops.

21. t.ron's rating of the film Cold Weather

A bright light, mubblecore finally moving out of the ghetto

22. orangey's rating of the film Cold Weather

made me want to move to the Pacific Northwest

23. Mike Spence's rating of the film Cold Weather

Remarkable as this is in many way, i can't shake the feeling that Mr. Katz is taking one step forward and two steps back. These characters and performers are top-notch, the mystery just gets in the way.

24. iarehautjobb's rating of the film Cold Weather

Aaron Katz loves rooftop scenes, and you know what? So do I.