1. babycakesromero's rating of the film Colossal

highly original highly unusual movie.

2. Martin De Martin's rating of the film Colossal

Anche stavolta a Vigalondo basta una piccola e brillante idea per imbastire un'avvincente commedia fantascientifica sull'amore, sull'amicizia e sull'importanza del senso di responsabilità nei rapporti interpersonali. Che poi allo spagnolo interessino più i mostroni e il divertimento fine a sé stesso, poco conta... anzi, meglio ancora: il risultato è cinema di genere puro e intelligente, come di rado si vede.

3. hexhunk's rating of the film Colossal

A waste of a potentially interesting premise, and a strong cast. Jason Sudeikis gets a surprising turn as the real antagonist here, but the movie spends too much time after the reveal on making us watch Anne Hathaway in a frighteningly abusive relationship. This flick sometimes thinks of itself as a comedy (and gets listed that way): it is wrong about that, and all the more hollow for its lack of self-awareness.

4. Mr.Rager's rating of the film Colossal

Two half-good ideas for just two stars. The story is filled with gaps and it's so ridiculousness in so many moments. I would have changed a few things over the script. Jason Sudeikis wasn't convincing in this role, especially in the last part. Not the perfect choice here. 5/10

5. Fritz's rating of the film Colossal

It left me scratching my head. The first part was fine, but I don't know...

6. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Colossal

Nacho is the grand master of the flawed-but-awesome-low-budget-high-concept indie films. And he's also a pretty funny writer of dickheads. Colossal does not go down elegantly in its thir act (a huge missed opportunity), but it is still pretty entertaining while making a swift commentary on addiction, mental health and male toxicity. And of course, way better than Pacific Rim.

7. J. O.'s rating of the film Colossal

A surprisingly (refreshingly) original indie comedy that dares to blend the kaiju genre with a hacked-off-bangs, quirky hipster comedy atmosphere. Taken off guard by the originality, though it was a little too long and saccharine.

8. Eric Ortiz García's rating of the film Colossal

One of the year's biggest dissapointments. A terribly forced giant monster film.

9. Huey McEvoy's rating of the film Colossal

The first two acts nicely set up and build upon an intriguing and well-delivered premise, which thankfully plays by its own rules. When the focus switches in the third act, the resulting tonal change had me twiddling my thumbs, irritated at the missed opportunity.

10. Didier Pigeon-Perreault's rating of the film Colossal

11. Taufiq Hariyadi's rating of the film Colossal

12. gaussian's rating of the film Colossal

neat concept and good performances, but just okay. all the men in it are trash, seriously just rename this movie to anne hathaway and the no good men.

13. adam's rating of the film Colossal

14. pluviosity's rating of the film Colossal

There's A LOT of missing logics and plotholes and unnecessary holding up of the characters backstories. But Anne Hathaway was lovely in this, especially when she stand up for herself. It's the kinda movie you want to love, but the crumbles of mess and apparent laziness, this movie is not worthy enough.. Breaks my heart.

15. muh.'s rating of the film Colossal

Considering how marketing for this movie worked I ended up pleasantly surprised that it ended up more concerned about the power we sometimes willingly give to something or someone disregarding our best self-interest.

16. Guillermo Padilla's rating of the film Colossal

17. Benji's rating of the film Colossal

It's difficult to create empathy for selfish/unlikeable characters and that's what happened here. I just didn't like Hathaway's character at all. I didn't like her, I didn't care what happened to her, and it went downhill pretty quick after that. I started skipping scenes, I laughed when it wasn't funny. It wasn't a great film, it wasn't a good film, it wasn't an average film. It was a mess.

18. nadnab's rating of the film Colossal

19. NUGA's rating of the film Colossal

For the most part you can draw some parallels between this movie and "A monster call's", the primary one being they both use a mystical creature to metaphorically portrait something in the story. Unlike "A monster call's" this movie doesn't work. It's dumb disguised as a golden turd and apart from a 2 minute long intrigue, and a solid performance it as nothing to show of interest. Well the very last shot is kinda fun

20. yigitpinarbasi's rating of the film Colossal

21. cvalda's rating of the film Colossal

I did not expect this movie to tackle toxic masculinity. She did that.

22. Shelley's rating of the film Colossal

I really wanted to like this but......

23. konspras's rating of the film Colossal