1. yigitpinarbasi's rating of the film Colossal

2. cvalda's rating of the film Colossal

I did not expect this movie to tackle toxic masculinity. She did that.

3. Shelley's rating of the film Colossal

I really wanted to like this but......

4. konspras's rating of the film Colossal

5. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Colossal

6.7/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-33R

6. Ali Ercivan's rating of the film Colossal

What a confused film this is!

7. João Rocha's rating of the film Colossal

What an amazing script! What an amazing performance by Hathaway! So refreshing... Well Done!

8. Adam Cross's rating of the film Colossal

This gets pretty dark and a little messy through the middle but overall it's quite a fun little deviation from genre norms. The kaiju as a metaphor would've worked better had the actual abuse not been so in your face.

9. Andre Flickatina's rating of the film Colossal

didnt expect the giant monster movie to make me ponder my drinking habits, but here we are

10. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film Colossal

Colossal has flown way under the radar this year, likely due to an amalgam of an under-emphasized release and the absolute insanity of the premise; but those who stumble upon this film and decide to watch will not be disappointed; it's an incredibly quirky sci-fi experiment about abuse and self-hate, told from the perspective of the brilliant Anne Hathaway, who controls a monster running amok in Seoul, South Korea.

11. Rafael Zen's rating of the film Colossal

I really like this kind of movie: funny, entertaining and well put together. The sci fi add to the indie-genre combines geek-n-freak very well, actually. Is it something to be rewatched and remembered? No, of course. But it works just fine as a popcorn session. Extraterrestrially cute.

12. Mariana Filipa's rating of the film Colossal

13. Bea Vea's rating of the film Colossal

Anne Hathaway looks like she had fun with the role, and Jason Sudeikis played a different kind of douche. I like the vibe it was going for, but I wish it pushed itself further in the genre.

14. Daniel Roque's rating of the film Colossal

This had potential for something really colossal, instead they've settled for a sci-fi rom-com.

15. Disa's rating of the film Colossal

16. inês roxo's rating of the film Colossal

Alegoricamente abordando a dependência do vício e a sua toxidade. Original.

17. Ilona Tru's rating of the film Colossal

Cool premise, poor execution.

18. Lana's rating of the film Colossal

19. abyantama's rating of the film Colossal

20. Laurs Kemp's rating of the film Colossal

With themes including addiction, abuse, self-loathing, malaise, ambition, feminism, and global politics (phew) this was structurally and tonally a complete mess. Not to mention that as a genre "sci-fi" works almost exclusively on a clear set of delineated rules... just saying.

21. Nolan Barth's rating of the film Colossal

Colossal is an odd combination of both Young Adult and Pacific Rim... This was one of my most anticipated films of the year. It had an amazing cast and a really intriguing premise. However, I couldn't help but walking away disappointed. All of the cast does a great job, but Hathaway really steals the show here. Vigalondo squanders a truly compelling story with what turned out to be a mostly forgettable film.

22. Levi Miah's rating of the film Colossal

A feast of social commentary and an original premise are let down by a messy execution and meandering structure. A bit drunk all over - probably intentionally, like some other recent alcoholism related films - but the style doesn't seem to work for me.

23. Cody Hoskins's rating of the film Colossal

A remarkably original take on the monster movie trope with a more psychological study on what it takes to suppress the monster within to take down the external monster that is handled with a humorous and somber edge that is delivered through Anne Hathaway's ability to convey pain, insecurity, and courage all in one.

24. Tiago Inácio's rating of the film Colossal

I love an absurdist preposterous idea in a film. defying logic or a sense of reality. this doesn't work as magic realism, kaiju film, or indie restrained drama. all the characters are unlikable, and quite honestly not that interesting. film goes from silly to sillier... nothing wrong with it, but the need to connect its two very different narrative threads just isn't here. it's two separate films sewn together.