1. adam's rating of the film Colossal

2. pluviosity's rating of the film Colossal

There's A LOT of missing logics and plotholes and unnecessary holding up of the characters backstories. But Anne Hathaway was lovely in this, especially when she stand up for herself. It's the kinda movie you want to love, but the crumbles of mess and apparent laziness, this movie is not worthy enough.. Breaks my heart.

3. muh.'s rating of the film Colossal

Considering how marketing for this movie worked I ended up pleasantly surprised that it ended up more concerned about the power we sometimes willingly give to something or someone disregarding our best self-interest.

4. Guillermo Padilla's rating of the film Colossal

5. Nomad4077's rating of the film Colossal

Colossal stands out in a crowd of monster movies as its own thing: being weird. At times it seems like the movie is trying to be funny, with a hint of romance, but then takes itself into a darker approach. The transition between its non-serious to serious mood is back and forth and finally sets itself where wants to be right at the end. I had a hard time trying to categorize it, but I guess that makes it unique.

6. Benji's rating of the film Colossal

It's difficult to create empathy for selfish/unlikeable characters and that's what happened here. I just didn't like Hathaway's character at all. I didn't like her, I didn't care what happened to her, and it went downhill pretty quick after that. I started skipping scenes, I laughed when it wasn't funny. It wasn't a great film, it wasn't a good film, it wasn't an average film. It was a mess.

7. nadnab's rating of the film Colossal

8. NUGA's rating of the film Colossal

For the most part you can draw some parallels between this movie and "A monster call's", the primary one being they both use a mystical creature to metaphorically portrait something in the story. Unlike "A monster call's" this movie doesn't work. It's dumb disguised as a golden turd and apart from a 2 minute long intrigue, and a solid performance it as nothing to show of interest. Well the very last shot is kinda fun

9. yigitpinarbasi's rating of the film Colossal

10. cvalda's rating of the film Colossal

I did not expect this movie to tackle toxic masculinity. She did that.

11. Shelley's rating of the film Colossal

I really wanted to like this but......

12. konspras's rating of the film Colossal

13. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Colossal

6.7/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-33R

14. Ali Ercivan's rating of the film Colossal

What a confused film this is!

15. João Rocha's rating of the film Colossal

What an amazing script! What an amazing performance by Hathaway! So refreshing... Well Done!

16. Adam Cross's rating of the film Colossal

This gets pretty dark and a little messy through the middle but overall it's quite a fun little deviation from genre norms. The kaiju as a metaphor would've worked better had the actual abuse not been so in your face.

17. Andre Flickatina's rating of the film Colossal

didnt expect the giant monster movie to make me ponder my drinking habits, but here we are

18. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film Colossal

Colossal has flown way under the radar this year, likely due to an amalgam of an under-emphasized release and the absolute insanity of the premise; but those who stumble upon this film and decide to watch will not be disappointed; it's an incredibly quirky sci-fi experiment about abuse and self-hate, told from the perspective of the brilliant Anne Hathaway, who controls a monster running amok in Seoul, South Korea.

19. Rafael Zen's rating of the film Colossal

I really like this kind of movie: funny, entertaining and well put together. The sci fi add to the indie-genre combines geek-n-freak very well, actually. Is it something to be rewatched and remembered? No, of course. But it works just fine as a popcorn session. Extraterrestrially cute.

20. Mariana Filipa's rating of the film Colossal

21. Bea Vea's rating of the film Colossal

Anne Hathaway looks like she had fun with the role, and Jason Sudeikis played a different kind of douche. I like the vibe it was going for, but I wish it pushed itself further in the genre.

22. Daniel Roque's rating of the film Colossal

This had potential for something really colossal, instead they've settled for a sci-fi rom-com.

23. Disa's rating of the film Colossal

24. inês roxo's rating of the film Colossal

Alegoricamente abordando a dependência do vício e a sua toxidade. Original.